Pelicans Report

Page 163 of 987 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 173 213 263 663 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 24651

Thread: League Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    trade ratliff and robinson and run a 5 SG offense with outside as the focus and very fast pace. #flipthescript
    Trade them both to the Wizards for Kobe, and let them play with 5 Centers Robinson, Ratliff, Campbell, Tsakalidis, Shawn Bradley, with the rookie Jamaal Sampson coming off the bench. Inside focus, very slow #doubleflipthescript
    #FREEQUAIL

Mcdyess available! Send proposals ASAP I got 1 I really like looking to see who can beat it!

Gonna keep Mcdyess for now unless a deal too goo comes by. Mcdyess has A+ defense and the best contract in the league for his production

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Gonna keep Mcdyess for now unless a deal too goo comes by. Mcdyess has A+ defense and the best contract in the league for his production
    Not a bad idea.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Beeball, Mind doing a Power Rankings for the preseason?

Could you do a power ranking soon? You haven't done one in a while.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Hornetstime247 = coltsguy 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Hornetstime247 = coltsguy 2.0
    Trade wise?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Hey just FYI for people who sent me PMs, I'll answer them later tonight. We just landed in Orlando and heading to the hotel then the park :-D
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Currently I'm doing neither so I'd be fine with either direction, I'm not good enough to win now, and I don't have my 03 first (if you have a package that could return either that would be preferred) so my alternative is being just good enough to keep my playoff streak alive and get a more solidified future (picks/young assets) from un-needed pieces (Shareef, Ratliff, Robinosn). I'd like to pawn off everything other than Allen really (pieces I could use to get a 2nd star or rebuild with), but if someone blows me away with Allen I won't hesitate.
    I don't agree with your mindset. You can still win 50 wins with this team and make a deep run and anything can happen in a sim 7 game series. No one expected the Wiz to dominate Dallas in last year's Finals. Yeah you lost Hardaway and PJ Brown, but they weren't the core of your team. You took the Mavs to 7 games without Shareef. Start him at PF, make Ratliff you're backup at center and PF and you will be a lethal team.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    Trade wise?
    yeah. LOL

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    SPEAKING OF TEAMS, I love my squad. Only thing that makes me mad is that these guys don't get better in training camp! Damn!

the free agent signing didnt go as planned, i lost all my 3 SFs. now im left with Kobe and Brian Grant + 3 old PGs and 4 centers.

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    the free agent signing didnt go as planned, i lost all my 3 SFs. now im left with Kobe and Brian Grant + 3 old PGs and 4 centers.
    Surprised you didnt go after Corliss more considering what he meant to you. Then again, Shammond williams signed with the Sun who already have 2 pgs better than him for like mill less a year.

Surprised you didnt go after Corliss more considering what he meant to you. Then again, Shammond williams signed with the Sun who already have 2 pgs better than him for like mill less a year.
    i thought theres gonna be another free agent sim after that one, im trying to spend my 17 mil cap space on other free agents first then will resign my guys since i can go over the cap to sign them. and since the free agents reject crappy offers from the first 2 sims i didnt think the 3.2mil offer will be enough to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    i thought theres gonna be another free agent sim after that one, im trying to spend my 17 mil cap space on other free agents first then will resign my guys since i can go over the cap to sign them. and since the free agents reject crappy offers from the first 2 sims i didnt think the 3.2mil offer will be enough to sign him.
    Makes sense. Crazy you had 17 mill cap space w a championship team.

PrepP= Jeff Bower?

U know I'm going to rub it in your face when my team is better than yours this season right?

I could write a book on most of the GMs in the league and how they manage their teams. Some are fair some expect a trade rape every deal.

edit: including myself

Every Gm makes mistakes, every GM has different perspectives, and every GM has different thoughts. So no GM can make a terrible trade(unless it's senseless). Hell I'll use the Timberwolves; some thought the Shaq trade sucked and looked how it turned out. Most Gms jump to conclusions without waiting to see how the trade plays out for the future. Also guys get made because you traded a good player(they wanted) to another stacked team and say you made a dumb trade because that stacked team is in their division.

Just saying....
    Last edited by Trell; 09-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.

I thought everyone said the shaq trade was good? I did giveup an all league first team player and a top 5 pick for him. You'd have to be pretty short sided to think that was bad even at the time.

Sorry that deal didn't get bashed. I forgotten Marbury was even apart of it until I looked back lol.

I thought everyone said the shaq trade was good? I did giveup an all league first team player and a top 5 pick for him. You'd have to be pretty short sided to think that was bad even at the time.
    I think the TWolves got the best offer they could get. Was it equal value? Of course not because it's impossible to get equal value for Shaq. Still he got good value. I think the trade just happened to deflate everyone else since Shaq joined a deep team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Every Gm makes mistakes, every GM has different perspectives, and every GM has different thoughts. So no GM can make a terrible trade(unless it's senseless). Hell I'll use the Timberwolves; some thought the Shaq trade sucked and looked how it turned out. Most Gms jump to conclusions without waiting to see how the trade plays out for the future. Also guys get made because you traded a good player(they wanted) to another stacked team and say you made a dumb trade because that stacked team is in their division.

Just saying....
    Yeah extactly, good post Trell. Some of my moves may not make sense to some lol, but based on what I'm realizing about my team or the game is the reason why I make certain moves. Hell I've messed up with the moves some guys thought were good and I felt like I was going in the right direction, with moves that some thought was bad. Everyone thinks differently.
    Last edited by wuggie; 09-27-2012 at 09:47 PM.

"I want ONLY 9 eyebrows in the starting lineup for the Hornets next year." I typed this before the draft lottery

I guess I need to find a better team for a comparison? I'll get on it!

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Yeah extactly, good post Trell. Some of my moves may not make sense to some lol, but based on what I'm realizing about my team or the game is the reason why I make certain moves. Hell I've messed up with the moves some guys thought were good and I felt like I was going in the right direction, with moves that some thought was bad. Everyone thinks differently.
    Thanks. I don't make trades to make any other GMs happy nor mad, just to make my team better or set for the future. IDC if it makes my trade partner team horrible or better but in the long run I'm setting my team up to beat every team in this league. Hopefully.

Thread Information