Pelicans Report

Page 154 of 987 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 164 204 254 654 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 24651

Thread: League Chat Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    commish, will you still edit the rookie contracts? i still have jamal sampson earning 1.6m
    Index hasn't been update anyway even if he's changed it, you won't see till it gets updated
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    is 10% the minimum increases we can offer? or could I do like 5% if I wanted to?

Also how do the FAs decide, do they somehow consider what team is offering or is it just whoever bids the most?

I think CP said last year it depends on the team and the player play for a winner ratings. So if your team is not so good and you offer alot of money, the player interest may be equal to the better team who offers less money.

just to be clear since no player is qualified for the 3 years bird rights yet.

can we go over the cap when resigning our free agents?

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Yeah you can go over when resigning guys that were on your team.

And rather than holding up the offseason I just increased the cap by a little over a million.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    I'm not really part of the free agent process but a couple things i've noticed:
    1. I don't think it's fair people keep driving up value for a player and rescinding offers.
    2. I sincerely hope people arent bidding more than they have. they have a couple of people getting close who started with 20 Mill!
    3. It'll be interesting how the shoe is on the other foot for all these teams with cap space now handing out crazy contracts. Looked at my FA Earnest Brown getting offers for 6 mill a year? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm not really part of the free agent process but a couple things i've noticed:
    1. I don't think it's fair people keep driving up value for a player and rescinding offers.
    2. I sincerely hope people arent bidding more than they have. they have a couple of people getting close who started with 20 Mill!
    3. It'll be interesting how the shoe is on the other foot for all these teams with cap space now handing out crazy contracts. Looked at my FA Earnest Brown getting offers for 6 mill a year? Wow.
    1. I agree with that. Not fair to other teams. I guess other teams could lower their offer if a higher offer has been rescinded.
    2. Teams are cutting close to the cap. Won't be able to obtain all the offers
    3. Those teams spending now won't have much cap room for a few seasons except for their own FAs.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Teams who are just under the cap are at a huge disadvantage I feel like. Because if you are just under you cannot offer the MLE or LLE, and you must resign one of your own guys to get over. I may be confused about this but I'm 1.3 mill below, I'm offering guys that weren't on my team 1.4 mill to get over the cap to offer the MLE and LLE to players I really want. But can I not do this? Can I only offer 1.4 mill to guys that were on my team?
    #FREEQUAIL

Can only offer like 1.375 or whatever cap space you have left to external fas (ie guys that weren't on your team). You can offer whatever to internal fas. I believe toucan offer you exceptions before you've reached cap threshold but it isn't prudent bc it will eat your free capspace. So for instance if you have 1.3 mill in cap and sign a guy to the mle 4.5 before signing a guy to a 1.3 deal your cap will be at -3.2 and you'll only be able to offer your lle and vet mins. Whereas if you offer the 1.3 u get that player to get to sal cap threshold then get to offer exceptions and then vet mins. It's also prudent to not offer vet mins until cap space is full.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was offering so much to so many, so I rescinded my offer for Joe Smith. Sorry if I drove up the price, Quail, that wasn't what I was trying to do.

it seems like everyone except for the warriors have placed their bids, can we sim now?

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    NO. I haven't even had a chance to look at free agency

it seems like everyone except for the warriors have placed their bids, can we sim now?
    Plus there have been like 3 new bids in the last 10 minutes. Obviously everyone isnt finished bidding

2 more days of bidding and outbidding will just drive up everyone's prices unless we set a limit to who we can bid on.

i have a bid of 19m(total) + a couple of vet mins and i only have around 17m cap space. am i allowed to do this? or should i just stick with the 17 mil that i have?

I havent placed my bids.

The Sonics or Mavs or Spurs have not placed bids as well. If we change the deadline please let me know, im still building a strategy. Please don't "just sim"

I retracted all my bids. It wasn't to drive up the price, I want to save up for next years FA.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

The Franchise
    Honestly, I only have a select number of target free agents on my list, and I'm not worried about anyone else, not even my own free agents (who don't fit my upcoming strategy). So there's my apology in advance for any free agency misunderstandings, I'm just really going hard after the players I've designated as guys who I want as key parts for my team.

HR Sim League

some GM's strategies are throwing Sh*t at the wall and seeing what sticks.. I did it last year lol. This year i'll be a little more calculated.

some GM's strategies are throwing Sh*t at the wall and seeing what sticks.. I did it last year lol. This year i'll be a little more calculated.
    God Dammit how did he know my strategy was **** throwing!?!?!?

The Franchise
    That can be difficult.........one free-agency sim could wreck a lot of teams' plans.

Robinson and Ratliff on the block, shopping hard.

I have a plan, but the plan is simple. I am solid on the wing, and need help everywhere else, so I need to get better down low and at the point.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Orlando this weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    yezzir!
    I'm down here now! The weather if great!

Can teams that are obviously tanking for LeBron lose control of their teams during transactions as penalty? This is very simple to prove... I mean seriously. Or have their First rounders taken away?

Yea... with the attempted signing of fake fake thats ridiculous

Thread Information