Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 987 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 515 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    To me the most shocking thing was Elton Brand falling so low. The guy was great for a while and he's only in his 2nd year in this.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    To me the most shocking thing was Elton Brand falling so low. The guy was great for a while and he's only in his 2nd year in this.
    This I know... MUHAHAHAHAHA!

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    At the pick I was at, I was planning on taking brand, but Grant Hill fell and he was all World back then and i picked him along with the suns training staff lol. Brand was a great pick though. Very solid foundation. Loved it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Yes, Grant Hill is another great pick. Luckily this game is going to start the year before his injury problems brought him down big time, so he's still an elite player at this point.

FYI I had Gary Payton as number 8 overall.

Also I think we need to keep a draft debt thread. Some
    Picks are and will continue to reach out in years.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    FYI I had Gary Payton as number 8 overall.

Also I think we need to keep a draft debt thread. Some
    Picks are and will continue to reach out in years.
    8 overall would have been my pick and I took C Webb after seeing all the young guys get taken it made me question my pick a little. But maybe in this simulation Webber will live up to all his hype and won't be remembered for calling that timeout in college.

I liked the Webber pick. I did statistical Analysis on player valuation now (not including potential) and one with potential as an overall value. Then I did an analysis on what's a significant difference between players using .25 as significant. GP was very high but so was cwebb

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I think I mentioned this already, but if these trades that you guys are making don't work cap wise they will not be processed. Keep in that in mind.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I think I mentioned this already, but if these trades that you guys are making don't work cap wise they will not be processed. Keep in that in mind.
    How are we supposed to know the cap numbers if they aren't even listed? Also, that cap is set really low, and I know you can bump it up a bit. I think we should move it up to the normal NBA salary cap of $58 million. If we're trying to be accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    How are we supposed to know the cap numbers if they aren't even listed? Also, that cap is set really low, and I know you can bump it up a bit. I think we should move it up to the normal NBA salary cap of $58 million. If we're trying to be accurate...
    It's not being moved to 58 million, I know that much. We already aren't accurate, I already set the 8M higher than it was during the real 00-01 NBA season.

It's not being moved to 58 million, I know that much. We already aren't accurate, I already set the 8M higher than it was during the real 00-01 NBA season.
    So what is it at right now?

Also, I'm just saying that it is pretty impossible to plan out a draft according to a salary cap when the player's salaries aren't even listed.... Just saying.

It's at 43M, and like I said earlier today, I can't list salaries until after the player is drafted.

It's at 43M, and like I said earlier today, I can't list salaries until after the player is drafted.
    Exactly, so the salary cap is bull **** considering we are drafting blindly. I don't understand how you are running this thing.... How am I supposed to draft a player with out knowing his salary, and then after the draft is over, you are going to tell me that I can't keep that player because I'm now over the cap? Is that what you are saying?

Can we get that listed next to the player as we draft them to help us plan?

Like I list the first year of their salary when I edit the original post?

Exactly.

Yeah I can do that.

You can also go in the index and look at it after I upload, everything is up to date right now.

Exactly. It's impossible to draft according to a salary cap with out knowing the players' freaking salary cap numbers.

Yeah I can do that.
    So everything after you do this counts on the salary cap, but not the stuff before? Correct? Because every move and draft pick that was made before this was done blindly...

Cool, thanks.

Nola, I think that will hold true because I doubt you've gone over the salary cap already with only 4 players; the downside is you may be severly handcuffed in the draft from here on out because you may be near that threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    So everything after you do this counts on the salary cap, but not the stuff before? Correct? Because every move and draft pick that was made before this was done blindly...
    Only thing I've done so far is draft the players to the teams, you have 36M in cap space with Jason Kidd on your team.

Nola, I think that will hold true because I doubt you've gone over the salary cap already with only 4 players; the downside is you may be severly handcuffed in the draft from here on out because you may be near that threshold.
    Right. That's my point. I can't proceed with out knowing my current numbers.

Only thing I've done so far is draft the players to the teams, you have 36M in cap space with Jason Kidd on your team.
    Right man, that's what I'm saying. Kidd isn't even on my team, and I don't know the player's salary cap numbers, so it's really impossible to continue on.

Thread Information