.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 12 of 986 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 24649

Thread: League Chat Thread

  1. #276
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,713
    Lol. You're actually hilarious once I realized you're just a troll. Good luck with it though.

  2. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Lol. You're actually hilarious once I realized you're just a troll. Good luck with it though.
    You have only been on this forum for 2 weeks, and I'm the troll?

    And I take it that you have no counter argument? Nothing, correct? I thought as much...

  3. #278
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,713
    Actually I have a ton. But as I said the last time we argued I'm not getting into it with you again since you hold absolutely no key to make any change. It's like arguing with a janitor about whether or not he thinks his company should stay private or become publicly traded. Waste of time. Youre just trying to get a rise. I'll go with whatever the commish says, but I've stated my case and I don't need to again. You keep pushing your agenda though.

  4. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Actually I have a ton. But as I said the last time we argued I'm not getting into it with you again since you hold absolutely no key to make any change. It's like arguing with a janitor about whether or not he thinks his company should stay private or become publicly traded. Waste of time. Youre just trying to get a rise. I'll go with whatever the commish says, but I've stated my case and I don't need to again. You keep pushing your agenda though.
    A more appropriate situation would be that the company is already a private company, and said company is making a **** ton of money, but some newbi noob comes in and demands a change to a publicly traded company for some selfish reason. If the janitor makes sound, logical arguments, then perhaps the CEO of that company should consider keeping everything the same.

    I'm not trying to get a rise. I'm just trying to keep things the way they are. I am in a good position. Obviously I don't want things to change, and apparently, 83% of everyone else in this "game" agrees with me. You are in a bad position, and you are trying to get things changed, which I understand, but you tried to get the support for a change, and it didn't work.

    Again, 83% voted to keep the system as it is. How are you going to seriously argue that you and 4 other guys deserve to have the system changed? Makes no sense. You seem like a businessman, so you should take a gander at the numbers (which are heavily in my favor), and just shut the hell up - with all due respect, of course.

  5. #280
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,713
    Not really but like I said what you said doesn't matter.

  6. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Not really but like I said what you said doesn't matter.
    Ahhhh, quite the counter-point

    You have no argument. It's all done here. We'll see what CP3forMVP says, but all you have it the results of some pathetic poll that didn't even get 30% participation.

  7. #282
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,320

  8. #283
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,713
    Lol! You're seriously delusional.

  9. #284
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,223
    He just messages me, it's going to be a snake for the first two rounds.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

  10. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    He just messages me, it's going to be a snake for the first two rounds.
    Then he is sorely mistaken. I appreciate that he created this league and all, but that is perhaps the dumbest decision I've seen on these boards.

    He goes with the 17% overall group over the 83% majority? Sounds like something Roger Goodell would do... I'll believe it when I see him post it. Until then, I'll try to reserve judgement.

  11. #286
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,914
    Like I've told you via pm a few times, two round snake is what we are going with, and this is the last time I speak on the subject.

    BTW, your 83% majority argument is flawed and makes zero sense. The people who failed to vote have NO percentage in the vote.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-19-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  12. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Like I've told you via pm a few times, two round snake is what we are going with, and this is the last time I speak on the subject.

    BTW, your 83% majority argument is flawed and makes zero sense. The people who failed to vote have NO percentage in the vote.
    No offense, but it is YOUR logic that is horribly flawed. I just sent you this via PM, but I'll post it here too:


    I'll try to explain it better, because you are looking at this the wrong way.

    1) The system was already established that we would be using a randomized draft because the computer wouldn't change to a snake draft. You did, however, not that the style was subject to change, which is cool.

    2) A few people didn't like their position in the randomized draft, and wanted to change to a snake draft, which is understandable.

    3) You decided to put up a poll to change the style of the draft, which I was cool with.

    4) Only 8 people voted in that poll, and that is where the problem is, and this is why:



    The system was set to randomized. That was the current system. It is not up to the people who like the randomized system to vote to ensure the current system. It is up to the people who want to change the system to vote to change the system. They had to get 15 votes (out of 29) in order to change the system. They only got 1/3 of the necessary votes to change the system, so it shouldn't change.

    Do you understand what I am getting at? You are looking at this the wrong way. You have to consider that every person who didn't literally vote coincidentally did vote to keep the current system.

    Again, it is up to the people who want to change the system to garner enough votes to actually do so. That group only got 5. That isn't enough.



    Now, if there was no system to start the draft, and before this whole process started, you put up a poll for us to vote on to decide the style of draft, that is a completely different game. That would be a blank slate where, if people didn't vote, then their vote was just obsolete. That is a different scenario, though, and this is how you are looking at it, which is wrong.

  13. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Like I've told you via pm a few times, two round snake is what we are going with, and this is the last time I speak on the subject.

    BTW, your 83% majority argument is flawed and makes zero sense. The people who failed to vote have NO percentage in the vote.
    Your line of thinking would be appropriate if there was no system to start the draft. If that were the case, and this poll was put up at the beginning of the draft, then you would have a case that it doesn't matter how many people vote because the people who decided not to vote just didn't care. In that case, a poll that only included 8 people would still be enough to establish the system. This would be a poll to ESTABLISH A SYSTEM.


    That isn't what happened, though. What happened is that there was an established system (that was subject to change). Fair game. But if someone wanted to change that system, then that group needed to have majority vote to change the system. They only had 5 votes. The people who didn't actually vote really voted to keep the system because the whole poll was a poll to CHANGE THE SYSTEM.


    MAIN DIFFERENCE:

    To establish a system, you only need 1 vote.

    To change a system, you need the majority vote.


    Again, there were only 5 votes to change the system. They needed 15. They only had 1/3 of the necessary votes - not even close. There should be no change. We should stick with the randomized draft.

  14. #289
    Just to clear up the 83% thing, it does make sense, but it doesn't even matter. The only thing that mattered in that "change" poll was the the group that wanted change got the majority of the votes from all of the GMs. That number is 15 out of 29. They only managed 5. That is the only number that matters.

    Forget the whole 83% thing. 5/15 is the only number that matters.

  15. #290
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,945
    Taking this **** way too seriously

  16. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Taking this **** way too seriously
    I'm competitive as hell, yo, and if I didn't have a strong case, I wouldn't be arguing with this kid. The fact remains that I provide sound logic, whereas the other guys just keep saying that he wants a higher 2nd round pick. He hasn't refuted any of my arguments, because he can't.

    I don't like getting screwed over. That is what is happening right now.

  17. #292
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,619
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I'm competitive as hell, yo, and if I didn't have a strong case, I wouldn't be arguing with this kid. The fact remains that I provide sound logic, whereas the other guys just keep saying that he wants a higher 2nd round pick. He hasn't refuted any of my arguments, because he can't.

    I don't like getting screwed over. That is what is happening right now.
    You don't like getting screwed over, but you don't care if others get screwed in the process. You're not getting screwed; a screwjob is just being overturned.

    It was clearly stated that the league was going to be altered as we went along to fix things. It's our first time doing a sim league here. It was obvious there was going to be things that needed altering in order to make things fair. This would be one of those things.

    If you want to argue that not everyone voted, then fine. However, as previously stated, things were going to change. Your point of a system being already in place is not very strong because of this. The people who voted are clearly the more dedicated GMs, and should be considered more than those who did not vote. We've had numerous people get simmed over in the draft already. Are we going to wait for them to get online and finally check what's going on in this league? No, that's ridiculous.

    In addition, the vote wasn't even close. Random draft got 25% of the vote, while the winner got 62.5% of the vote. Also to expect one of these options to get over half the votes when there are 3 options is a bit ridiculous.

    And finally, this is best for the league. Let me quote one of the 2 people (I assume you're the other voter) that voted for random order -

    "I voted random because I had a high pick and it benefits me the most.
    It is obvious that those who voted for the random draft got an advantage in the 2nd round as you did as well. If there were any other voters for that voted for that option that didn't get an advantage, I'd understand your point. However, due to your competitiveness, you're overlooking what's best for the league, what CP3forMVP should be most concerned with.

    You can easily still have a great team without this advantage. You know your stuff. Those who have the best GM skills will come out on top in the end, and will adapt to their environment when necessary. I can see you're already doing this with the trade you just made. You will be fine, and there is no need to argue about it like this.

    This is what is best for the league. End of discussion.

  18. #293
    Lol. In what way is this best for the league? Every team has a pick in the 2nd round, correct? I thought you guys said that, if you are a good GM, it doesn't matter where you pick! What happened to that?

    And the guys who are voting for the snake draft are doing the screwing over. I'm getting screwed because, whether you want to admit it or not, the league started off with a randomized draft. In the middle of the first round, people started complaining. There was a poll. Only 5 people voted to change the system; therefor, the system should not be changed because there wasn't a majority vote.

    Those are the facts.

  19. #294
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,945
    Nah dude the original plan was a snake draft but the game would only do random order. You just don't wanna lose that 30th pick lol and I can't blame you.

  20. #295
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,619
    You completely ignored the point I made that it was CLEARLY STATED that things would possibly be altered because of how new we all are to sim leagues. Good job. The league started off randomized because that's what the program had it as. Also people complained since the start of the draft order being released.

    P.S. Majority vote constitutes that there is 50% of votes that were actually cast. What won got 62.5%.

    Learn the difference between majority and absolute majority.

  21. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Nah dude the original plan was a snake draft but the game would only do random order. You just don't wanna lose that 30th pick lol and I can't blame you.
    Haha thank you!

    It's whatever. I'm still confident in my abilities. I'm just saying that the original draft was set as a randomized draft because the computer wouldn't allow the snake draft. I feel like I'm right on this matter. Unfortunately, it isn't up to me. I'll drop it because this is supposed to be fun, and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. I just wish that the handful of people crying about their low 2nd round pick enough to get this changed are happy. I'll still kick their ***es in this game.

    But, I'll drop it.

  22. #297
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,619
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Haha thank you!

    It's whatever. I'm still confident in my abilities. I'm just saying that the original draft was set as a randomized draft because the computer wouldn't allow the snake draft. I feel like I'm right on this matter. Unfortunately, it isn't up to me. I'll drop it because this is supposed to be fun, and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. I just wish that the handful of people crying about their low 2nd round pick enough to get this changed are happy. I'll still kick their ***es in this game.

    But, I'll drop it.
    Good to hear.

    Good luck in all of this.

  23. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    You completely ignored the point I made that it was CLEARLY STATED that things would possibly be altered because of how new we all are to sim leagues. Good job. The league started off randomized because that's what the program had it as. Also people complained since the start of the draft order being released.

    P.S. Majority vote constitutes that there is 50% of votes that were actually cast. What won got 62.5%.

    Learn the difference between majority and absolute majority.
    I thought people would understand that I was referring to an "absolute" majority. I thought I made it pretty obvious with out spelling it out.... Guess I was mistaken.

    Anyway, I already said I would drop it. It's pretty obvious what is going on here

  24. #299
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,619
    lol we just had a bad timing with posting. You posted you'd drop it after I posted that and I posted good luck after you just posted that.

  25. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Good to hear.

    Good luck in all of this.
    You too man. In the end, it's just a freaking game. And even though I got screwed over, it is what it is. I don't accept it, but I'll roll with it and move on.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •