Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 987 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Idk how to do my team bank & stuff.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacmanjones View Post
    I didn't even know there was a draft.. interesting
    You should check these threads more often..
    PR SIM LEAGUE - Cleveland Cavaliers

2000/01 Finalist *** 2001/02 Best Eastern record *** No longer a proud owner of Timmy D

Starting Five: PG Eric Snow | SG Lou Williams | SF Josh Howard | PF Pau Gasol | C Mehmet Okur

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Lamar odom in the first round..... That's all I have to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It wasn't horrible. Simulations don't take into effect no heart. He's got skills. Esp in 2000

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Suns and Sonics.
    Wait, I didn't know Sonics was available. That's the best team (besides the Hornets) here!

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

I loved your peja pic. I literally lol'd

Dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    It wasn't horrible. Simulations don't take into effect no heart. He's got skills. Esp in 2000
    He's a nice player. But he was only a 16 and 7 guy in 2000. Hes not necessarily a franchise player

#QUAILS MOM

Actually there are no franchise changers left in the remainder of this draft..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Actually there are no franchise changers left in the remainder of this draft..
    Truth...

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    He's a nice player. But he was only a 16 and 7 guy in 2000. Hes not necessarily a franchise player

16 7 5 assist (guess) a block and steal also and still 20 years old? If he were around for my second rounder I would have snatched him up sir.

What you all think of the Stackhouse pick? 😁

All matters what you do around him IMO . Didn't love it didn't hate it. You've got a scorer which is always important.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    ugh... felt so dumb, I just kept looking at the top of the draft page (that wasn't updated) and was wondering what was taking so long to get to my pick... didn;t think about looking at the replies, I'm an idiot

Why isn't round two snake, according to the draft order index?

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Why isn't round two snake, according to the draft order index?
    Only 5 people voted for the draft to be a snake for the first 2 rounds. That isn't enough to overturn the randomized draft.

I don't think that's your call. I didn't see any votes for complete random.

I don't think that's your call. I didn't see any votes for complete random.
    There were 2 for the random, 5 for the 2 round snake, and 1 for a full snake. There were only 8 total votes. That is only 27% of the total GMs voting.

I don't see how 5 votes (only 17% of the total GMs) can overturn the current system (which is a randomized draft). And, yes, the randomized system is the current system because CP3forMVP couldn't get the computer to change to the snake system. So, as such, you would need 51% of the total votes (or 15 out of 29 votes) in order to overturn the current system. I mean, that is how we do things in America.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    There were 2 for the random, 5 for the 2 round snake, and 1 for a full snake. There were only 8 total votes. That is only 27% of the total GMs voting.

I don't see how 5 votes (only 17% of the total GMs) can overturn the current system (which is a randomized draft). And, yes, the randomized system is the current system because CP3forMVP couldn't get the computer to change to the snake system. So, as such, you would need 51% of the total votes (or 15 out of 29 votes) in order to overturn the current system. I mean, that is how we do things in America.
    Haha! We are going to compare this sim league to the USA govt.?

I vote for a snake draft for the first two rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Haha! We are going to compare this sim league to the USA govt.?

I vote for a snake draft for the first two rounds.
    Nah, just the typical goings-on of America. Majority rules. You missed the vote. If you felt so strongly, perhaps you should have voted in the poll. Because, by not voting, you actually did vote - and your vote was to keep the current system.

Well all Im saying is nothing has been announced and if he were going to do the snake the first two rounds I doubt the index would be updated to it. Let's wait on the official word before we announce anything like its happened. I was under the impression it was a straight majority vote. So we will all have to wait and see with the power to decide says.

I'm not saying it has happened. I don't know what is going to happen. I'm just saying that logic and justice would suggest that we are sticking with the current format, considering only 17% of the GMs voted to change the current system.

I disagree, but nothing's new there. We shall see.

I disagree, but nothing's new there. We shall see.
    You think that, if the minority wants to change the format, that they should win? Is that what you are saying? That, even though only 17% of the GMs voted for a change, we should still accommodate such a change? Am I getting that correct?

Because if that is your position, then you are incredibly biased to the point of embarrassment.

Majority rules. I shut up and let you guys have your little vote. The vast majority of GMs decided not to partake in said vote, but that is not my problem. There is not enough popular opinion to overturn the current system. That is my stance, and I have figures to back me up. All you have is "I want a higher draft pick, so I'm voting to change the system."

Again, I'm sorry that you got a bad bounce in the 2nd round, but somebody had to pick later in the round, and that process was decided in the fairest way possible - a computer generated randomization. It doesn't get much fairer than that. You position is weak, at best, so please cut the shenanigans.

It turns out it is a snake draft, for the first two rounds.

Thread Information