.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 20 of 987 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 520 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 24651

Thread: League Chat Thread

  1. #476
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,742
    wooh

  2. #477
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,946
    I had no idea he left lol

  3. #478
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,223
    Lol, so I currently have Jerry Stackhouse and Mcdyess on my roster?
    I can work with that..
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

  4. #479
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,742
    Stackhouse and Jermaine ONeal actually; which is better.

  5. #480
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,223
    Ok... And currently no trading until after the draft?

  6. #481
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,742
    Yes. I think technically you can make your own deal but don't submit them until after the draft and if they do not work salary cap wise, they will be denied.

  7. #482
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,931
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yes. I think technically you can make your own deal but don't submit them until after the draft and if they do not work salary cap wise, they will be denied.
    Exactly. I obviously can't and won't stop anyone from discussing trades privately, just keep them private until after the draft and make sure to use the trade checker before posting them.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  8. #483
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Does anyone know if LoCo is out or not?

    Either way, I'll fill the two open teams this afternoon. Probably only have one team open to be honest.
    I'm still in

  9. #484
    Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,186
    when will be able to see draft order for the 3rd round?

  10. #485
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,223
    Ignoring messages, isn't cool ..

  11. #486
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,931
    Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    when will be able to see draft order for the 3rd round?
    Same as first round.

  12. #487
    Hall of Famer onpointlikecp3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Upper Penninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    This is my current roster:

    PG - Steve Francis
    SG - Kobe Bryant
    SF - my next 2nd round pick (#46 overall)
    PF - Antonio McDyess
    C - Jermaine O'Neal

    Even if I didn't draft anything but crappy players for the rest of this draft, I would still whip the floor with every single roster in this game. Hell, if I were you guys, I would create new rules and veto my trades too!!!


    Just know, guys, that I won. I won every game for the next 10 years because all of my guys are young, and they can all score, and they can all defend. Inside scoring, slow-paced play where I can set up my half court defense, and you guys can't do anything to stop that offensive fire-power!

    Have fun with the rest of this, because I already accomplished what I set out for. I won, fair and square, and a few of you pansies couldn't handle that fact.

    Have fun with the rest of this guys, because 2nd place isn't all that bad.



    ******** On a serious note guys (you know who I am talking to), when you lose in life, you can't just cry about it until someone changes the rules.





    I won! Ha! Ha! HAHHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

    ...and now I quit.

    /endEPICrant
    Are you mad?




    You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

    https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

  13. #488
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,946
    That post proves that he takes himself way too seriously. Ego much? but as many have said, it's time to move on.

  14. #489
    Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,186
    I know cp3forMVP mentioned it earlier but I must have gotten confused since things are all over the place. So draft order is now snake for every round or random after the 2nd round? i was under the impression that it was random after the 2nd round. Can someone clarify for me.

  15. #490
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,931
    Alright guys, I felt like this needed to be discussed.

    In regards to making trades, don't EVER let another GM persuade you to make a trade. You are running your own team, and you know what's best. Do NOT buy into other GM's telling you what's best for your team. I know some people may try to annoy or intimidate you into making trades, and if you say no thanks they'll keep trying to persuade you. Ignore them.

    That brings me to my next point, don't be afraid to tell people no. I don't know how big of an issue this is, but I do know from other leagues that some people (especially new GM's) might be afraid to tell another GM that's been playing longer no. Another GM may also try to rip you off, I was victim of it the first trade I ever made. A GM who had been in the league since the start pm'ed me and asked if I was interested in a trade, my first response was that I was not interested. I let him persuade me and change my opinion, and I got taken to school. I know people won't want to believe that to be the case, but that's the truth. Don't let people change your opinion on a trade, it rarely ends well for you.

    Also, don't undervalue draft picks. I strongly discourage you from trading first rounders that are two years into the future, league wise of course. A lot can happen in two years. This also is a step towards gm's creating "super teams."

    In the last league I was in, there was this one particular gm who would just stock pile picks because people undervalued them. I kid you not, by the time the draft came he would have like seven first rounders and he'd be picking like 1, 3, 6, 7, and so on. What came of that guy? Because other gm's let him change their opinion or intimidate them into making trades they didn't want to make at first, this guy had a team with Chauncey Billups, Lebron James, Andre Iguodala, Thaddeus Young, DeJuan Blair, Dwight Howard, Cody Zeller, and Hasheem Thabeet. Again, he was able to build that type of team because people were not smart with their trades.

    I'm just asking everyone, be smart with your trades. This isn't a league where we will veto trades because they're lopsided, but just please, be smart. If you are unsure on a move, there is nothing wrong with asking a GM to wait a day or two for you to make a decision.

  16. #491
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,931
    Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    I know cp3forMVP mentioned it earlier but I must have gotten confused since things are all over the place. So draft order is now snake for every round or random after the 2nd round? i was under the impression that it was random after the 2nd round. Can someone clarify for me.
    The way I made the draft was originally snake all 12 rounds, but the league index showed the second round to be random. We held a league vote to see how the draft would be, and five people voted for what you said. When we got to the second round, come to find out the program DID snake the draft and the index had it wrong. So the decision was made to snake the rest. I know it's a lot of changing back and forth, but randomizing 10 rounds would take forever. That's 290 players that I would have to go in and change manually one by one, then upload to the index one by one, etc etc.

  17. #492
    -Garrus Vakarian- ItsPaulyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,420
    Very surprised Antawn Jamison lasted as long has he did! Good pick BallSoHard
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)



  18. #493
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,931
    I agree. I have my eye on a few guys, hopefully they fall to me.

  19. #494
    Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,186
    No problem. Obviously I got myself confused because it's changed a couple of times. LOL. Thanks for clarifying that tho.

    Antawn was a good pick. I was looking at him too. Guess Ill cross him off my list now.

  20. #495
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I agree. I have my eye on a few guys, hopefully they fall to me.
    Same here, I have a feeling they won't but Jamison was definitely one of them.

  21. #496
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,931
    neitzel is up but he may be dropping out, so everyone hold tight.

  22. #497
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,742
    Still have my buddy interested

  23. #498
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,931
    Good deal, if neitzel drops out then your buddy can have his team and he'll be on the clock.

  24. #499
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,931
    Alright, I'm assuming neitzel is out since he got offline without replying to my message. Said he wanted out because he didn't know the players from 2000.

  25. #500
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Alright, I'm assuming neitzel is out since he got offline without replying to my message. Said he wanted out because he didn't know the players from 2000.
    I feel his pain, I was like 10 twelve years ago an wasn't even into basketball really after Jordan. I have been stuying the hell out of the draft list, and stats from 2000-2001 season. I'm up to like 8 pages of notes alone and like 3 for my rankings. Ive been goin nuts with it and loving it

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •