Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 987 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    You have something like an average of 2.1M dollars per player left, after your trades.

And really that's not accurate because none of them will go through until after the draft and you are picking for someone else. The chances of your trades going through are slim, once again.

You might not like to here it, but the best thing would be to cancel all trades and continue on, THEN reopen trades after. You could still do your Kobe for Kidd trade. That would be BY FAR the easiest solution to our problem, and truly that would help you out the most.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-20-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

can we go over the cap with the players we draft?

if we go over it will there be a penalty of some sort?

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    can we go over the cap with the players we draft?

if we go over it will there be a penalty of some sort?
    Yeah with the players you draft you can go over.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Or have to have the cap correct by the first game ? Although I think he said the trade would not submit of its over the limit So that makes it tougher

I think slim is the only person in danger of going over. We will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Or have to have the cap correct by the first game ? Although I think he said the trade would not submit of its over the limit So that makes it tougher
    You can be over the cap, but the trades have to work within the cap rules. I can tell you slims trades will not work, not all of them atleast.

Like I said above, the best and easiest option for the league would be to cancel all trades. At the end, if you still want to do the trade you can. That way everyone knows their cap number, player salaries, etc.

And for the record, slim will go over. I can all but guarantee that considering he would be picking for other GM's. If you want the easiest possible route, we cancel all trades.

Trell is out with means his trade with slim will not be going through.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    You are probably the biggest crybaby bitc* I have ever encountered. You just cry all the time, and it's really annoying. Why don't we just all proceed?

P.S. I don't force anyone to accept my deals. I don't have a gun to their head. I have dealt with 4 different posters, so it's not like there is 1 guy that I am "taking advantage of." They are all big boys and can run their own teams. Just stfu and worry about your own ****. It's not my fault that I am such a beast at this kind of stuff. Stop hating!
    Guess what Nolaslim? the other league is doing great now that you're gone.
    I'm convinced this league would also be better off, stop using censored curse words it doesn't make your point any better.
    I'd love to see you as an NBA GM, you would get laughed off the phone by everyone with your ridiculous trades.

That's tricky though. Like I switched picks in the second and third. So now does the guy get my pick even though he drafted ? Would slim be ok with just canceling the last trade ? Is slim ok with just working within the budget he has now ?

That's tricky though. Like I switched picks in the second and third. So now does the guy get my pick even though he drafted ? Would slim be ok with just canceling the last trade ? Is slim ok with just working within the budget he has now ?
    Would you get the player that slim drafted? If that's what you are asking then yes.

I didn't trade with slim sir.

Lakers sending next years first and this year's 6th
    Kings sending this years second and fifth.
    Nothing from that trade has even happened yet, it's still your pick.

slims good at what he does ill give him that, but we shouldnt change the system for one person

All trades are being canceled. Slim, if you take issue with this shoot me a pm and we'll discuss it.

Like I said, I know you probably won't like it but it's what is best for the league at this point.

This one did and I picked baron Davis:

Lakers/ Grizzlies
    Lakers swap picks in the second and third round with the Grizzlies.

Now what?

This one did and I picked baron Davis:

Lakers/ Grizzlies
    Lakers swap picks in the second and third round with the Grizzlies.

Now what?
    Go back to that GM and discuss it after the draft. Just get creative and find a way to make it work under cap rules. Personally if I was you though I would keep Davis, he's a beast.

That's what I want and we've already both approved it. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with the cap. Can I assume this is still
    Mine ?

so is this final? no trading until after the draft?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    That's what I want and we've already both approved it. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with the cap. Can I assume this is still
    Mine ?
    yes, we'll just PM eachother the picks, and we can trade after. No biggie

Ok great. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    so is this final? no trading until after the draft?
    Yes sir.

I'm sorry everyone, I really am. I thought trades would work but I was terribly wrong. Not sure why I thought they would work. Allowing trades when none of the players had salaries before being drafted was an extremely dumb decision by me. But everything should be much better now, and the only drama we should have is actual drama concerning the play of our teams.

This is my current roster:

PG - Steve Francis
    SG - Kobe Bryant
    SF - my next 2nd round pick (#46 overall)
    PF - Antonio McDyess
    C - Jermaine O'Neal

Even if I didn't draft anything but crappy players for the rest of this draft, I would still whip the floor with every single roster in this game. Hell, if I were you guys, I would create new rules and veto my trades too!!!

Just know, guys, that I won. I won every game for the next 10 years because all of my guys are young, and they can all score, and they can all defend. Inside scoring, slow-paced play where I can set up my half court defense, and you guys can't do anything to stop that offensive fire-power!

Have fun with the rest of this, because I already accomplished what I set out for. I won, fair and square, and a few of you pansies couldn't handle that fact.

Have fun with the rest of this guys, because 2nd place isn't all that bad.

******** On a serious note guys (you know who I am talking to), when you lose in life, you can't just cry about it until someone changes the rules.

I won! Ha! Ha! HAHHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

...and now I quit.

/endEPICrant
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 05-20-2012 at 11:56 PM.

On that note, Spurs are open if anyone wants them.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    . I'm not sure why people were taking his crappy offers but thank goodness the constant *****ing is gone.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    I think I'm out too. While I don't really agree with his "epic rant" he has a point. Kinda crappy to just kick him out, trading was opened and people took the trades for some reason... But they did and he did it all within the rules that were set forth at the time. IDK, maybe I'm just tired and over reacting But it just seems like a crappy precedent that if people complain, stuff gets changed. I know we re all new at this, but just look what people have him, freaking Kobe! And a young one at that. It wasn't a smart trade on the other guys fault and now slim is gone. Idk man..

Thread Information