.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 16 of 986 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 24649

Thread: League Chat Thread

  1. #376
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,714
    CP, hes got 4 players and none are Jason Kidd after trades lol

  2. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    CP, hes got 4 players and none are Jason Kidd after trades lol
    Lol, exactly!

  3. #378
    ok a few questions

    we CANT go over the cap by trading?

    we CAN go over the cap by drafting?

    so if i go over the cap with my draft, my trades may not go through?

    maybe we shouldnt have allowed trades during the draft?

    HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

  4. #379
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Nola, I think that will hold true because I doubt you've gone over the salary cap already with only 4 players; the downside is you may be severly handcuffed in the draft from here on out because you may be near that threshold.
    If I could process slims trades at this very second he would have $26,897,709 million dollars of cap space taken up between four players.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  5. #380
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Right man, that's what I'm saying. Kidd isn't even on my team, and I don't know the player's salary cap numbers, so it's really impossible to continue on.
    For the 80th time, Kidd IS on your team until after the draft.

  6. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    If I could process slims trades at this very second he would have $26,897,709 million dollars of cap space taken up between four players.
    Right, so how am I supposed to proceed when I don't know the salaries of every other player in the draft?

  7. #382
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    In all honesty I'm leaning heavily towards deleting all trade threads and not allowing any to be posted until the draft is over because A) People don't understand the concept of I can't list salaries before players are drafted and B) People don't want to understand the concept that I cannot process trades until after all 12 rounds are complete, the game will not allow it.

    I should have never allowed trades in the first place.

  8. #383
    For instance, if I'm between 2 or 3 players that I hold around equal, I would choose the player with the lowest salary cap hit, but I can't do that when there aren't any numbers available.

  9. #384
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    LOL. I posted the numbers and you sent me a pm asking me to remove them.

    and for the third time, I could post the numbers but they aren't accurate because I'm not holding true to all of them.

  10. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    In all honesty I'm leaning heavily towards deleting all trade threads and not allowing any to be posted until the draft is over because A) People don't understand the concept of I can't list salaries before players are drafted and B) People don't want to understand the concept that I cannot process trades until after all 12 rounds are complete, the game will not allow it.

    I should have never allowed trades in the first place.
    The problem is having such a strict cap. The whole fun of this process is moving around in the draft and trading players/picks. Nobody wants a boring draft. Just loosen up on the cap a bit, and everything will be good.

    It really shouldn't be this complicated. Just peal back the salary cap a bit. It is a fantasy league, after all. Everyone here is trying to build a super team. The whole point is to win.

  11. #386
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    The problem is having such a strict cap. The whole fun of this process is moving around in the draft and trading players/picks. Nobody wants a boring draft. Just loosen up on the cap a bit, and everything will be good.

    It really shouldn't be this complicated. Just peal back the salary cap a bit. It is a fantasy league, after all. Everyone here is trying to build a super team. The whole point is to win.
    Like I stated, cap has already been "loosened" by 8 mill, if it goes anymore it will be 2 or 3 mill at most.

    I'm not going to make it even larger just to fit your team. You and the people you are trading with are clearly the only people who will have cap trouble. And like I stated when we start, be cautious with your trades because they may not go through.

  12. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    LOL. I posted the numbers and you sent me a pm asking me to remove them.

    and for the third time, I could post the numbers but they aren't accurate because I'm not holding true to all of them.
    Exactly! That's why I asked you to remove them, because it didn't matter.

    Look, you are killing yourself over this salary ****, and it's only because you have such a low salary cap. I say we completely get rid of the salary cap, considering it is all computer generated salary numbers to begin with. In real life, players can take pay cuts and whatnot, but that can't happen here.

    The whole salary cap thing is stupid, especially considering it's a fantasy league. We can't even continue the draft (trades or not) unless there is no salary cap.

    I'm not faulting you for not having the players' salary numbers. That isn't the problem. The problem is that there is a really low salary cap number, and the computer is creating some really funky, weird cap numbers for these players that we can't even see.


    Just do away with the salary cap. Or set it really high. Same thing.

  13. #388
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    Lol look slim, I've been in other sim leagues.

    NEVER have I been in a league with cap troubles, and those didn't have huge caps.

    For the last time, be smarter with your trades. The cap is in place to prevent people from collecting a ton of talent. It's like that in real life and it's like that in this league.

  14. #389
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,714
    I personally like the idea of it to add startegy behind it. Kind of offers a buffer from letting people be, uhh how to i put it politely, getting shammed.

  15. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Lol look slim, I've been in other sim leagues.

    NEVER have I been in a league with cap troubles, and those didn't have huge caps.

    For the last time, be smarter with your trades. The cap is in place to prevent people from collecting a ton of talent. It's like that in real life and it's like that in this league.
    The difference is that, before real GMs make their trades, they know the player's salaries. I don't. There is a big freaking difference. You are asking me (and everyone else) to trade blindly. That isn't possible. The flaw is in the system, not my trading method.

  16. #391
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    Alright, how about if I cancel all trades until after the draft? That way, it's freaking possible for you to see the salaries?

    Is that a good idea? Because imo it's a great idea.

  17. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP;915561[B
    ]I should have never allowed trades in the first place.[/B]
    this


    *though i am the first who traded. Sorry bout that CP3forMVP
    **i think maybe you should change your name, my blood boils just by typing it

  18. #393
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    this


    *though i am the first who traded. Sorry bout that CP3forMVP
    **i think maybe you should change your name, my blood boils just by typing it
    I've tried, can't get a response from a mod lol

  19. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Alright, how about if I cancel all trades until after the draft? That way, it's freaking possible for you to see the salaries?

    Is that a good idea? Because imo it's a great idea.
    Absolutely not. I put a lot of work into this. Also, it's too late to cancel trades because people have already began to draft accordingly. For instance, I wouldn't have taken Jason Kidd with my 1st pick, but Janjan wanted him, so that is who I took. Can't cancel that.

    How about we just proceed like normal, and we'll sort this mess out when the draft is finished?

  20. #395
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Absolutely not. I put a lot of work into this. Also, it's too late to cancel trades because people have already began to draft accordingly. For instance, I wouldn't have taken Jason Kidd with my 1st pick, but Janjan wanted him, so that is who I took. Can't cancel that.

    How about we just proceed like normal, and we'll sort this mess out when the draft is finished?
    Because people will be arguing more when the draft is over and their trades don't go through.

    Every league I've been in or seen has not allowed trades in the creation draft, I decided to give it a try and it's cleary been nothing but trouble and in all honesty it's ruined the entire game.

  21. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Because people will be arguing more when the draft is over and their trades don't go through.
    My point is that it's already too late man. Everything would be a lot easier if you just adjusted the cap number.

    Everyone in this game has the power to seek out the trades that I did. They just didn't, and that isn't my fault. I already took one on the chin with the whole randomized/snake draft issue, and I just shut up about it. It's starting to get ridiculous.

    If you just did away with the cap, then there wouldn't be an issue. A salary cap doesn't ensure fair play. If GMs are good, they seek out trades that improve their team. I did that, and now I'm being penalized for it. It's not my fault that I don't know the players' salary numbers.

    Again, this whole mess would just go away if we didn't have a salary cap.

  22. #397
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,915
    For the last time, I'm not adjusting the cap number.

    I will cancel all trades before I adjust the cap number.

    And in all honesty, if I do, and you don't like it, you can show yourself the door. I'm tired of seeing you complaining about something everytime I log on. Honestly, the chances of your trades going through are slim.

  23. #398
    Nolaslim should just be banned from fantasy leagues, he ruins it by taking advantage of everyone else. He argued over whether or not round two was going to be randomized so he could have a higher pick, on the other league he also argued with the commish over vetos, and he looks for the most inexperienced GM by messaging all of them and then proceeding to rip them off. I'm so sick of him. I don't care about winning, I just want it to be fun, and it won't be with Nolaslim abusing the system and pushing his agenda all the time.

    NOLASLIM ITS A GAME A G.A.M.E. GAME. Stop arguing, this should be fun for everyone not just you. Just handicap yourself like I do when I play pickup basketball (you know... Cuz I'm a beast)

  24. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    For the last time, I'm not adjusting the cap number.

    I will cancel all trades before I adjust the cap number.

    And in all honesty, if I do, and you don't like it, you can show yourself the door. I'm tired of seeing you complaining about something everytime I log on.
    The only thing I complained about was the randomized thing, and I dropped that before you even said that the computer actually did a snake draft.

    Secondly, I'll just draft like normal, and we'll see what happens at the end of the draft. We'll deal with it then if it needs to be dealt with. Who even says that I will need extra cap space? Who knows. We don't even know the players' salaries, so they could decrease a lot from here on out. Who knows?

  25. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Nolaslim should just be banned from fantasy leagues, he ruins it by taking advantage of everyone else. He argued over whether or not round two was going to be randomized so he could have a higher pick, on the other league he also argued with the commish over vetos, and he looks for the most inexperienced GM by messaging all of them and then proceeding to rip them off. I'm so sick of him. I don't care about winning, I just want it to be fun, and it won't be with Nolaslim abusing the system and pushing his agenda all the time.

    NOLASLIM ITS A GAME A G.A.M.E. GAME. Stop arguing, this should be fun for everyone not just you. Just handicap yourself like I do when I play pickup basketball (you know... Cuz I'm a beast)
    You are probably the biggest crybaby bitc* I have ever encountered. You just cry all the time, and it's really annoying. Why don't we just all proceed?

    P.S. I don't force anyone to accept my deals. I don't have a gun to their head. I have dealt with 4 different posters, so it's not like there is 1 guy that I am "taking advantage of." They are all big boys and can run their own teams. Just stfu and worry about your own ****. It's not my fault that I am such a beast at this kind of stuff. Stop hating!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •