Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 982 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

League Chat Thread

This will be the thread for all league discussion.

During the draft process, please keep all discussion in this thread and do not post in those threads unless you are picking. That way the draft threads stay nice and orderly.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Ok a slight update, setting up the league index is proving more difficult than I knew it would be. I know four people that have ran leagues in the past, so I am getting their help. As soon as this is set up, I'll let everyone know.

Sorry for the delay!

Wait, will this cost real money?

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

No lol

Just letting everyone know I made some huge gains with the index this morning, I finally have it running properly.

Now I just need to find out how I import the players.

Ok guys, here is the draft eligible players.

http://www.hrfbb.net63.net/

Click the middle drop down menu where it says season, and then go to draft preview. All the players will show up, anything in the red that is typed in blue you can click to sort.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    I'm guessing the draft order isn't right?
    Guys to watch out for (internet tough guys):

jrdbrn

Guys that know you are personally a coward despite never meeting you or holding a real conversation with you (psychic or stalker):

BasketballNate

when is the draft?? and is this only for current players active in the NBA???

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Seems right to me (#2 and #10)

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    First round is right, second isn't for some reason.

For the players look in the index > season > draft preview
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-15-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Alright fellas, I talked to a buddy and he thinks once the draft is actually started the draft order should be fixed.

Question is, if he is wrong and the second round remains as it is and the other rounds randomize themselves, would anyone have a problem with that?

If not, we can get the ball rolling tomorrow.

If its randomized then no i wouldnt be opposed to it
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Nah. I'm cool with the other rounds being randomized. More fun that way. Keep it like it is.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Nah. I'm cool with the other rounds being randomized. More fun that way. Keep it like it is.
    Agreed.

how long until the draft..me being aussie the times **** with me haha

Sorry, but I guess I'm out of it, if the draft order from the second round on stays this way. Having the last pick in the first round and having to go for a long-term strategy was hard enough for me as it destroyed all my plans I had for the franchise in the first place. I just cannot find any motivation at all to go on from here if even the picks from there on aren't fairly distributed.

Of course I understand that randomizing means that everyone has had a fair chance and I just had bad luck. So I do not wanna start long discussions here. Just continue the game with someone else taking my team. So have fun everyone.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Don't quit yet. He hasn't even decided what he's gonna aboute later rounds.

I'm also fine with the draft order. Will the later rounds also be completely random as in, it will be hard to know when your pick is coming up in different rounds because it's always in a different spot? I'm excited about the league.

WOW i get to pick first? when do we start the draft?

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

Soon, I'm on my IPAD so I'll switch over to my laptop in a few minutes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Yes! About time!

Has everyone checked out the index and the available players to be drafted?

janjan is on the clock until 6 PM CT. Planning on eight hours for the first round, six hours for the next few rounds. Then I'll drop it lower once we get deeper in the draft.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Werdiknight View Post
    Sorry, but I guess I'm out of it, if the draft order from the second round on stays this way. Having the last pick in the first round and having to go for a long-term strategy was hard enough for me as it destroyed all my plans I had for the franchise in the first place. I just cannot find any motivation at all to go on from here if even the picks from there on aren't fairly distributed.

Of course I understand that randomizing means that everyone has had a fair chance and I just had bad luck. So I do not wanna start long discussions here. Just continue the game with someone else taking my team. So have fun everyone.
    If you're gonna quit then obviously we can't stop you, but I believe the whole point of a league like this is the fun of running a team for many years, not just one year which is why we're starting in 2000. Not everyone can win or do well every year. There are 30 teams, someone's bound to do poorly, but you see what's up, fix your team and try again. At least that seems to be the point of a game like this.

LoCo, you said it real well. It's just the nature of the game, some people will get bad slots. Personally, pick #29 and #38? It could be worse. People aren't going to have the team they want, but that's the point. You have to build the team you want, through trades, drafts, signings, etc. I'll share my experience from the other league I'm in.

I took control of my team because the previous GM had grown to be inactive. When I took over that team, it was a mess. By best player was Ray Allen, who for some reason was my starting SF. He was on the wrong side of 30, and was on a contract that paid him 19M+ over the next three seasons. My SG was 6'3 Monta Ellis who was shooting something like 36% from the field. My PG was Jay Williams who was drafted high but never developed into more than a 14 point 7 assist type of guy, which is solid but not what a guy who was picked as highly as him should be averaging. My C was Eddy Curry, who was good but very inconsistent. Too top it all off, I traded Ellis during my first draft for the #4 pick. I picked Jeff Green, who busted very hard. He never developed into more than a 10 points per game type of guy. I also drafted Brandon Wright and Nick Young with two other lottery picks in that draft.

I was very bad for a few years, but I kept building. I eventually was able to move Nick Young and Eddy Curry for Joakim Noah and JJ Redick. Noah developed into a 15 and 11 guy for me and Redick developed into a 16 ppg guy. I got lucky in the lottery and drafted Kyrie Irving, who because I was creative, eventually was able to move for Deron Williams. The deal was much bigger than that, I got Jason Richardson, Jeff Foster, and Jermaine O'Neal as well in the deal. That was far from the only move I made, but by the end of the league I had made the playoffs two of the last three years (missed the other year by a half a game) and won two playoff series.

So it's just about building your team, and being creative. I'll tell everyone now, people get too serious about this game and you get frustrated when you lose.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    I have a question. When a player is drafted are they removed from the pool of players or do you have to keep up with who picked what player on your own?

Thread Information