Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: List of UFA and RFA's

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    He can spot up in the corner and his shots, he isn't Kobe/Durant/etc or anything on offense.

Plus he allows more points per possession on defense than he scores on offense. 1.08 to 1.09.
    But then how is his offensive rating usually much higher than his defensive rating? That means that his team scores more on offense than they allow on defense when he's on the floor.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Eh, I'm done talking about Batum. He's not worth 11M, or anywhere near that, he's very overrated. I'll just keep it at that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I like jodie Meeks as a backup gaurd!

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Eh, I'm done talking about Batum. He's not worth 11M, or anywhere near that, he's very overrated. I'll just keep it at that.
    I never said he was a great player. Just a great young complimentary player. If we already didn't have Gordon, I wouldn't consider him. He and Gordon will compliment each other very well. Now, if we draft MKG or Barnes, then I wouldn't consider it.

Probably too early to thinking about Free agency. With the Draft and two lottery picks, we would have see who we draft or trade for during the draft before we know what direction to go in free agency.

I would say to do this after looking at the roster, and I hardly ever make predictions. I would re-sign Belli because Monty is in love with the guy, and he's a good 3 pt shooter off the bench. I would try to re-sign Kaman for the right price. I would also look to sign Dragic as the starting point guard. It's too early to predict the draft but it can go either two ways to me. I would draft MKG with the first pick and Sully with the second. Or I would draft T-Rob with the first then Ross with the second. From the previous interview of Monty about the draft it sounds like they want to get a big and a wing out of the draft. I would try to trade Ariza to see what I can get (maybe a first rounder for a big in the late 1st) or maybe use him to trade up and cut Okafor because he's not that good.
    Here's my depth chart for the 2012-2013 season
    PG-Dragic/Vasquez
    SG-Gordon/Belli/Henry
    SF-MKG(Ross)/Aminu/Henry
    PF-T-Rob (Sully)/Smith/Ayon
    C-Kaman/Ayon/Back-up C

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I never said he was a great player. Just a great young complimentary player. If we already didn't have Gordon, I wouldn't consider him. He and Gordon will compliment each other very well. Now, if we draft MKG or Barnes, then I wouldn't consider it.
    He could be a young complimentary player with potential, but you don't pay $11 million a year in a long term deal for that type of player (10 points a game average for his career and average defender). He may make that in Portland based on his potential, but hopefully not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I didn't realize that Brook Lopez was a free agent. If we got Davis, then it would be interesting to try and sign Lopez as a secondary scorer to Gordon and let Davis handle the D down low. Of course he is restricted, so this plan could easily fall apart.
    yeah Lopez could play as a PF, the length and shotblocking of Davis-Lopez frontcourt would be crazy

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    yeah Lopez could play as a PF, the length and shotblocking of Davis-Lopez frontcourt would be crazy
    Why wouldnt you play them at their natural positions sir? Davis at PF and Lopez at C?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Lopez plays more like a PF, he is a scorer who cant rebound and not a great defensive anchor like Davis..Davis would have to gain weight obv.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    why is everybody forgeting about Spencer Hawes?
    Agreed. A lot of people forget about him because he's not a big name. Has a good shot and good size. I'd like him.

I don't think Lopez could guard athletic PFs. Doesn't have quick feet. Also, he's a poor rebounder. I really don't like him as a player overall even though he is talented offensively.

Don't see how he could be a PF at 7'0 260.

I don't see Hawes leaving Philly.

Lopez plays more like a PF, he is a scorer who cant rebound and not a great defensive anchor like Davis..Davis would have to gain weight obv.
    Tend to disagree. I'd rather take a shot at McGee than Lopez. Don't think Lopez is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I don't think Lopez could guard athletic PFs. Doesn't have quick feet. Also, he's a poor rebounder. I really don't like him as a player overall even though he is talented offensively.

Don't see how he could be a PF at 7'0 260.
    well line them up however you want, but one is a defensive and rebounding monster while the other is a scorer, could be a good combo imo

well line them up however you want, but one is a defensive and rebounding monster while the other is a scorer, could be a good combo imo
    Davis can be a PF and will be early in his career. Lopez will give you offense. He's not a great player by any means, but a good complimentary player next to Davis and Gordon. All we would need next is a SF who can shoot from the perimeter and defend well.

The Franchise
    I hope Drummond 1st or MKG, then go best player available 2nd, hopefully Sully.
    PG-Dragic/Vasquez
    SG-Gordon/Belli/Henry
    SF-MKG/Aminu/Henry
    PF-Smith/Ayon
    C-Drummond/Oak/Ayon/Back-up C (FA)

Find out our Draft position in 16 days, keep our fingers crossed for 1 and 4 or something high with the Minnesota Pick. Then could go Davis-Drummond would be my dream draft.

PG-Dragic/Vasquez
    SG-Gordon/Belli/Henry
    SF-Ariza/Aminu/Henry
    PF-Davis/Smith/Ayon
    C-Drummond/Oak

Thread Information