Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: List of UFA and RFA's

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    Goran Dragic
    Nick Young
    Gerald Wallace
    Brandon Bass
    Kevin Garnett
    Garnett? Joking? Wallace, if he opts out, will be looking for big $$$ and not worth it at this point in his career and our team's development.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Not nearly the upgrade that he would costs us IMO sa Portland will match any non-ludicrous offer. He is overrated and his defense has not been good. I agree he has potential to be a good defender, but he is not good now.
    How is he overrated? He's a good player in the league. Great shooter, athletic. Only 23. He's worth 11 million a season based on his production. That's only 4 more million than Ariza and a bigger upgrade overall. His defense should flourish under Monty. The only thing I don't like about him is that he's a Euro flopper.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    We would be nuts to pay him 11M. He isn't worth that.

I wouldn't want Wallace either. He's a good player, but almost 30 now and will command big money.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    We would be nuts to pay him 11M. He isn't worth that.
    Of course he is. He's averaged close to 7 win shares per season. That's worth a lot in the current market. Ariza is getting 7 million and Batum is much better and younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    How is he overrated? He's a good player in the league. Great shooter, athletic. Only 23. He's worth 11 million a season based on his production. That's only 4 more million than Ariza and a bigger upgrade overall. His defense should flourish under Monty. The only thing I don't like about him is that he's a Euro flopper.
    Worth $11 million based on production? Are you kidding? He is not worth anywhere close to that in a long term deal (unless you are just betting on the potential to be a star). If you think he is worth that much, we clearly would not go after him. With Gordon due for a huge deal, he would be a salary cap drain.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Worth $11 million based on production? Are you kidding? He is not worth anywhere close to that in a long term deal (unless you are just betting on the potential to be a star). If you think he is worth that much, we clearly would not go after him. With Gordon due for a huge deal, he would be a salary cap drain.
    11 million is all that much. He's been productive. The numbers back him up. Star players get 15 to 20 million a season. He would be a dangerous complimentary player next to Gordon. We could either amnesty Ariza or Okafor and free up cap space. The rookies will be cheap for 4 years. By the time they're ready for an extension, his contract would expire.

Of course he is. He's averaged close to 7 win shares per season. That's worth a lot in the current market. Ariza is getting 7 million and Batum is much better and younger.
    I really don't care about win shares, to be perfectly honest. I care more about what the guy brings on the court, not some advanced stat that likely has its flaws.

Batum can shoot the three in the corner, and play average to below average defense. That is his game.

Not worth 11M. I'd MAYBE offer him 7-8M just because of his potential, but not much more. Even that may be pushing it. You can find a guy who can shoot the three and play decent defense for much cheaper.

I really don't care about win shares, to be perfectly honest. I care more about what the guy brings on the court, not some advanced stat that likely has its flaws.

Batum can shoot the three in the corner, and play average to below average defense. That is his game.

Not worth 11M. I'd MAYBE offer him 7-8M just because of his potential, but not much more. Even that may be pushing it. You can find a guy who can shoot the three and play decent defense for much cheaper.
    He's getting 10+ million in FA.

That's great for him, but hopefully we aren't the ones to pay him that.

There's a reason Portland has been reluctant to give him the money he wants.

That's not exactly true either. He's athletic too and finishes well in the paint.

League average is 63% and he shot 64%, so he's about average.

League average is 63% and he shot 64%, so he's about average.
    If you supplement it with his FT shooting, his 3-point, and his lack of turnovers, he's an overall effective starting SF in this league. He would be very deadly next to Gordon and especially if we draft a low post scorer. He should continue to improve as well with his young age.

Gerald Green! he shot 48% and 39% from 3 and averaged 18 ppg per 36, if we cant get Batum I want him as our SF
    Last edited by speedyG; 05-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.

That's great for him, but hopefully we aren't the ones to pay him that.

There's a reason Portland has been reluctant to give him the money he wants.

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Dragic has shown he can be a reliable starter everytime he's had a chance to play. If we don't get Marshall at 10, Dragic would be a great signing.

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Gerald Green! he shot 48% and 39% from 3 and averaged 18 ppg per 36, if we cant get Batum I want him as our SF
    I say why not. He can shoot and will be cheap. 4-5 million for one year?

i want jeff green for cheap, illyasova, hawes, and mahimi

Honestly, I wouldn't touch Jeff Green. He doesn't bring anything that Aminu and Henry doesn't. It'll just hinder their development imo.

Jeff Green was so overrated, cant defend SFs, cant rebound at all, not a good shooter, very average scorer. He kinda sucks

if we spent 11 mil on batum i'd kill myself

11 million is all that much. He's been productive. The numbers back him up. Star players get 15 to 20 million a season. He would be a dangerous complimentary player next to Gordon. We could either amnesty Ariza or Okafor and free up cap space. The rookies will be cheap for 4 years. By the time they're ready for an extension, his contract would expire.
    Where has he been all that productive? He has been pretty good, but not $11 million. That is crazy for him. If he were an elite defender with his current offensive game, I would call him productive. He has potential, but let Portland overpay.

His offensive easily outweighs his defense which isn't that bad. Rather pay him 11 million that stick with Ariza at 7 million. No question about that. Its a tremendous upgrade.

But if we can find better value at SF, i'm all for it.

He can spot up in the corner and his shots, he isn't Kobe/Durant/etc or anything on offense.

Plus he allows more points per possession on defense than he scores on offense. 1.08 to 1.09.

Thread Information