Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 3

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DpSthTgr View Post
    What yall think
    It's clean artwork, but not wild about the concept. I know the Knights name isn't the most unique or appealing, but I picture more creative branding, fonts, etc. that could go along with it.

And I wouldn't like having the same colors as the Sacramento Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Its worked with the Ravens.
    At least Ravens (and even Bobcats to some extent) have alternative meanings/symbolism that allow for the name to become less about a person. What would Dominos become? If not for Fats Domino, it could be the most ridiculous name in all of sports (if people actually equated it to the game of Dominos or the pizza chain. Too specific.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Big Shots? Really? Think about how silly that name would sound - the New Orleans Big Shots ?????
    It's a FUN name. Last I checked, New Orleans was a FUN city!!!

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    the more time passes, the more it's clear the only name with any sort of consensus is Brass. It's the least dis-liked.

my favorite is still voodoo but i recognize others aren't okay with it.

pulling for Brass.

The Artist    Contributor   
    I wonder if the owner of the VooDoo would sell Benson back the name and the AFL team could rebrand as an updated Breakers? Maybe get Marcus Dupree back in as an honorary player similar to the role Duece has with the Saints. Think I'm gonna do an AFL Breakers concept for fun, get away from basketball for a minute, get back to my roots!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    It's a FUN name. Last I checked, New Orleans was a FUN city!!!
    So any "fun" name would do? Why not the New Orleans Fun then? See how silly that sounds (just like Big Shots).

soo... did anyone see Gayle Benson on fox 8 last night? ...she said she wanted the color scheme to be "black, gold and crimson"... uh oh
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

Quote Originally Posted by geaux View Post
    soo... did anyone see Gayle Benson on fox 8 last night? ...she said she wanted the color scheme to be "black, gold and crimson"... uh oh
    Eww. I'd have to see a treatment, but that could be a little too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Eww. I'd have to see a treatment, but that could be a little too busy.
    I can't imagine it looking good, nor can I imagine a team name that would have those colors being good.

All-Star
    I think the black, gold and crimson would work with the Pelicans sample logo and unis in the "ESPN Redisigns..." thread. I was a Krewe Of New Orleans partisan but Pelicans is beginning to grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    So any "fun" name would do? Why not the New Orleans Fun then? See how silly that sounds (just like Big Shots).
    i lol'd

@DatPurpleHornet

Hall of Famer
    I can't imagine it looking good, nor can I imagine a team name that would have those colors being good.
    *cough cough*

Yeah, I'm back. Since finals is over, I finally have some time to breathe. I'm working on on some other team designs now.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Nice, I like that scheme.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    *cough cough*

Yeah, I'm back. Since finals is over, I finally have some time to breathe. I'm working on on some other team designs now.
    hah, sorry. That actually looks really good. I'm very against the Knights name, though... last on my list.

Also, apparently I was wrong on Gayle saying "crimson"...she actually said "cardinal red"

Hopefully Mr. Benson is religious enough to realize than he is the man and therefore the leader of their marriage. Mrs. Benson's idea is just terrible with those ugly color schemes and the Cardinals nickname.

Too close to the 49ers old color scheme! I know it's different leagues and all but....those colors just don't seem to fit us IMO! Which is why I so desperately want to show these friggin Pelican concepts!

You know, bigdub, concepts have a way of accidentally being leaked by people other than the artist...just saying...

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    *cough cough*

Man I really do like that design. I would love to see a jersey design with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    You know, bigdub, concepts have a way of accidentally being leaked by people other than the artist...just saying...
    LMAO!! I think I might put together some kind of teaser. I'll see what I can do!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Lol, you did, even though you may not have recognized it. The "Knights" entry in the ESPN contest was my design. It wasn't in the top 5, but it did get a mention in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I could tweak this logo. There are a few things that I see here that need to be addressed, I mean it is 45% mine!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Lol, you did, even though you may not have recognized it. The "Knights" entry in the ESPN contest was my design. It wasn't in the top 5, but it did get a mention in the article.
    Ah yeah, I remember that. The jerseys were not too hot, but I do like that logo alot.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    I could tweak this logo. There are a few things that I see here that need to be addressed, I mean it is 45% mine!
    It sure is.

Please do, I'd love to see what you could do with it!

It sure is.

Please do, I'd love to see what you could do with it!
    Challenge accepted!

Thread Information