Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 3

That's fine; I'll take you for your word. My opinion is no better than yours and your opinion is no better than mine. If people are suggesting we re-brand the Hornets the Voodoo, or something satanic, we should all realize that's not going to happen. I am also going to voice my concerns over those types of names because any man of faith has that responsibility.

If a great man like Tim Tebow is one of the most divisve personalities around, certainly I am not surprised that here on a Hornets fan board that some feel the need to attack me for presenting Christian viewpoint. I've learned to expect it and again I've seen it once again right here. No hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    If you think I'm popular, you are sadly mistaken. If you think people agree with me on things or wait for my opinion, you are sadly mistaken. I rarely weigh in on many `hot topic' on this site.

I've never been a `cool kid.' I don't, however, just walk in to someone's house and telling them what for. I wait a little bit, engage, scrap if necessary, the settle up and move on.

I'm fine doing that with you at this point.

Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic Hoops View Post
    So tonight's names:

New Orleans MacBooks
    New Orleans Corbetts
    New Orleans Party
    New Orleans Freak City
    New Orleans 1693 (whatever year we were founded)
    New Orleans 2012
    New Orleans BC (Basketball Club)
    New Orleans Munch
    New Orleans UnilateralConversion
    New Orleans Nickels
    New Orleans Double Nickels
    New Orleans Sweet Louie's
    New Orleans Hippity Hop (Hot Rod Hundley call)
    New Orleans Crantakers
    New Orleans BOOM!
    New Orleans Caliente
    New Orleans Magnolia
    New Orleans SwampMen
    New Orleans Plume
    My grandfather used to call I-55 the "double nickel."

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    That's fine; I'll take you for your word. My opinion is no better than yours and your opinion is no better than mine. If people are suggesting we re-brand the Hornets the Voodoo, or something satanic, we should all realize that's not going to happen. I am also going to voice my concerns over those types of names because any man of faith has that responsibility.

If a great man like Tim Tebow is one of the most divisve personalities around, certainly I am not surprised that here on a Hornets fan board that some feel the need to attack me for presenting Christian viewpoint. I've learned to expect it and again I've seen it once again right here. No hard feelings.
    so if we become the voodoo your gonna riot outside the arena and never go to any games?

Banned
    wonder if christians go to nj DEVILS games

First Mr. Benson would not name his team the Voodoo. But if you want to live in the fantasy world and pretend that he would rebrand his huge investment as "Voodoo", no I would not riot. I'm not a violent person. But I would not go to the games and would not support the team. I may be one of those Bible-beating Jesus freaks and there are not many of us, but Mr. Benson would not re-brand his team as something pagan like Voodoo because he's a smart business man.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    so if we become the voodoo your gonna riot outside the arena and never go to any games?

Voodoo is more likely than many names that are being bandied about. You should realize the facts that connect

That brand
    The team owner
    This team being rebranded by that team owner

Assigned the probability you want to the event, and state your concerns in a coherent manner that will resonate with people who evaluate brands for what they are, and you will be respected instantly.

You should know that the Voodoo were among the most well attended AFL teams ever. So much so they AFL gave us 2 Arena Bowls and the current Voodoo (drawing not nearly as much but that is true for the new AFL as a whole) has placed yet another Arena Bowl here.

So understand that your concern is not shared by people who attended AFL Voodoo games in numbers approaching Hornets numbers, and that was for a team in a far less popular league and with few seats (bigger playing surface allows fewer stands to be deployed at the ends).

"To get their fix, they're buying VooDoo season tickets in record numbers. According to Owner/Executive Rita Benson LeBlanc, it's not just a team record, rather they have sold more season tickets -- "over 12,000," according to Benson LeBlanc -- than any other team in the 21-year history of the league. That includes clubs that regularly sell out their arenas on a game-by-game basis, such as Jon Bon Jovi's Philadelphia Soul and John Elway's Colorado Crush."

And here is your link:

http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories...720.xml&coll=1

Quotes from the family in it. You can pick on the fact that it's fewer games, etc. Sure. The point is, people went. Lots of them. More than for other teams.

Tebow is not divisive. Everyone knows he's a knob. We stand united.

You have not been attacked for presenting a Christian viewpoint. You have been educated with actual facts and accounts of reality. Bring your own and they will not be attacked. "That won't happen, it's a bad bad thing, I said so" will. By me. Often. Until I'm banned.

First Mr. Benson would not name his team the Voodoo. But if you want to live in the fantasy world and pretend that he would rebrand his huge investment as "Voodoo", no I would not riot. I'm not a violent person. But I would not go to the games and would not support the team. I may be one of those Bible-beating Jesus freaks and there are not many of us, but Mr. Benson would not re-brand his team as something pagan like Voodoo because he's a smart business man.
    Check out the attendance info I just posted and tell me what a smart businessman his was to create that brand for a team that played its first game while he was courting Mrs. Gayle, or do you still fail to acknowledge that?

Ha. Dislike me having debated this stuff enough to club these kind and gentle souls with their own tongues?

Or just too pompous?
    Yeah definitely the second thing.

The dude very obviously isn't too bright, nor was he debating. The first point you made about the literal and assumed definition of saint was well-deserved and on point in my opinion. The second was little else but academic penis-swinging, and a show of "authority".

Basically I was holding you to a higher standard of conduct since he is so bat**** crazy; instead, you put the image in my head of a professor laughing at the insane cat-lady on the street and comparing the futility of her life to Don Quixote (the Spanish version of course).

It's christianity of the heart not of the mouth. Your faith need only be between you and God. Unless you are in service or are a priest in which case you should share with only those willing to listen. Just sayin. That's a small reason why I dislike Tebow, there are many christians just as devoted as Tebow, who do not feel the need to publicly use their faith.
    Last edited by BeeBall Reasons; 06-11-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Banned
    you lost me after isn't too bright

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    It's christianity of the heart not of the mouth. Your faith need only be between you and God. Unless you are in service or are a priest in which case you should share with only those willing to listen. Just sayin. That's a small reason why I dislike Tebow, there are many christians just as devoted as Tebow, who do not feel the need to publicly use there faith.
    this rebrand thread JUST GOT REAL

Sir, if you dont like Tim Tebow you have serious problems. I'll leave it at that.

Second, I can guarantee you that Mr. Benson will not rebrand the basketball team voodoo. I have no doubts about that.

Lastly, I am all about facts. The fact of the matter is people change as they mature and people meet someone that changes everything. I don't know about Mr. Benson's spiritual side before he met Rita, but I can tell you now that no serious man of faith will ever be associated with something like voodoo. There is nothing I have said that hasn't been factual.

Let me ask you this. What scripture are you currently studying? I'm studying Luke at the moment and am near the end of the book. Each time I read scripture, the more I take away from it.

Voodoo is more likely than many names that are being bandied about. You should realize the facts that connect

That brand
    The team owner
    This team being rebranded by that team owner

Assigned the probability you want to the event, and state your concerns in a coherent manner that will resonate with people who evaluate brands for what they are, and you will be respected instantly.

You should know that the Voodoo were among the most well attended AFL teams ever. So much so they AFL gave us 2 Arena Bowls and the current Voodoo (drawing not nearly as much but that is true for the new AFL as a whole) has placed yet another Arena Bowl here.

So understand that your concern is not shared by people who attended AFL Voodoo games in numbers approaching Hornets numbers, and that was for a team in a far less popular league and with few seats (bigger playing surface allows fewer stands to be deployed at the ends).

"To get their fix, they're buying VooDoo season tickets in record numbers. According to Owner/Executive Rita Benson LeBlanc, it's not just a team record, rather they have sold more season tickets -- "over 12,000," according to Benson LeBlanc -- than any other team in the 21-year history of the league. That includes clubs that regularly sell out their arenas on a game-by-game basis, such as Jon Bon Jovi's Philadelphia Soul and John Elway's Colorado Crush."

And here is your link:

http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories...720.xml&coll=1

Quotes from the family in it. You can pick on the fact that it's fewer games, etc. Sure. The point is, people went. Lots of them. More than for other teams.

Tebow is not divisive. Everyone knows he's a knob. We stand united.

You have not been attacked for presenting a Christian viewpoint. You have been educated with actual facts and accounts of reality. Bring your own and they will not be attacked. "That won't happen, it's a bad bad thing, I said so" will. By me. Often. Until I'm banned.
    Last edited by WhoDatChristian; 06-11-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Yeah definitely the second thing.

The dude very obviously isn't too bright, nor was he debating. The first point you made about the literal and assumed definition of saint was well-deserved and on point in my opinion. The second was little else but academic penis-swinging, and a show of "authority".

Basically I was holding you to a higher standard of conduct since he is so bat**** crazy; instead, you put the image in my head of a professor laughing at the insane cat-lady on the street and comparing the futility of her life to Don Quixote (the Spanish version of course).
    Noted, and well-done.

You are likely right that I should ease up even more on the guy (and I did, I think, after), but he did get a little personal in opening the debate. But, yes, I should walk softly since I'm carrying this big stick in this particular tete-a-tete.

Appreciate the deserved criticism.

Dude does need to read some of the stuff being posted here for his benefit (and for those who can't decide who is less wrong), like the history of the brand and the attendance data. To spew stuff, essentially create work for someone else, then just deny it . . . it's rude.

June 12: Louisiana Boucherie
    June 11: New Orleans Jacksons (Jax)
    June 10: New Orleans Cathedrals
    June 9: New Orleans Bon Temps
    June 8: New Orleans Resilience
    June 7: New Orleans Defenders
    June 6: New Orleans Sportsmen
    June 5: New Orleans Governors
    June 4: New Orleans Trumpters
    June 3: New Orleans Maskers
    June 2: New Orleans Misfits
    June 1: New Orleans Desire

Boucherie has potential. But I think it makes me hungry.

New Orleans Curveballs

I need sleep. Off to Big Nash tomorrow.

New Orleans Curveballs

Big fan of Demo's downtown.

New Orleans Curveballs

or charcuterie... i really want cochon and ancora now.. hows boucherie?
    Last edited by bojangles837; 06-11-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    or charcuterie... i really want cochon and ancora now.. hows boucherie?
    Good. Easy. They have a break between lunch and dinner at least on Saturday, FYI. Worth a ring, or just be willing to walk to any of the other stuff in the area.

New Orleans Arc Angels.............epic..................oh yeah

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Good. Easy. They have a break between lunch and dinner at least on Saturday, FYI. Worth a ring, or just be willing to walk to any of the other stuff in the area.
    thank you sir

Hey BigDub, do you have anything with the Bishops. I heard it on the radio the other day, and with Benson having the saints, and his and the city's strong religious beliefs, i think it would be nice.

New Orleand Bishops. With the colors Benson mentioned, Black/Gold/Red (but just a hint of red, nothing dominant).

With a logo of a Bishops hat like below, but with a fleur de lis instead of the cross. Maybe the hat sitting on a basketball rather than a head. Just a thought. I'm sure you can come up with some more clever ideas. I'd like to see them

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sy-miter-wmaster.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	3956

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by changchang View Post
    Hey BigDub, do you have anything with the Bishops. I heard it on the radio the other day, and with Benson having the saints, and his and the city's strong religious beliefs, i think it would be nice.

New Orleand Bishops. With the colors Benson mentioned, Black/Gold/Red (but just a hint of red, nothing dominant).

With a logo of a Bishops hat like below, but with a fleur de lis instead of the cross. Maybe the hat sitting on a basketball rather than a head. Just a thought. I'm sure you can come up with some more clever ideas. I'd like to see them

Has potential.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by changchang View Post

I like the Bishops for the chess references/chessboard logo possibilities.

Everyone that is replying to whodatchristian: You have been taken in by a troll that has successfully derailed much of this thread. Stop responding to him.

Big Dub, besides Pelicans, which other concepts will you be sharing with the Hornets at your presentation? Thanks in advance.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

June 13: New Orleans Marquis
    June 12: Louisiana Boucherie
    June 11: New Orleans Jacksons (Jax)
    June 10: New Orleans Cathedrals
    June 9: New Orleans Bon Temps
    June 8: New Orleans Resilience
    June 7: New Orleans Defenders
    June 6: New Orleans Sportsmen
    June 5: New Orleans Governors
    June 4: New Orleans Trumpters
    June 3: New Orleans Maskers