Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 3

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    The fact that my sig has introduced one person to a muffaletta means it's done it's job
    You are a hero.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    You are a hero.
    do we have a choice between the plague and more sandwich references?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Here is the away version in royal blue and gold

Here is a version of them in red, black and gold

The Pelicans concept has been completed but I can't show that set to you since it will be one that I will be proposing to the team.

The Knights weren't a concept that I planned on presenting, that's why I chose to post it. I feel bad that I can't show you any of the designs if that helps!

I still plan on using the designs that John did for the Knights and Dominos and fitting them into my template since people did ask and he gave the go ahead.

Even though I did plan on doing a concept for Corsairs, I backed off of it after reading some material about Jean Lafitte since I was using his likeness as my primary logo. The problem that I had with his imagery was the fact that he bought, sold and traded slaves amongst his other dealings. For that, I didn't think that his likeness would be the right image for the team brand.

It sucked for me because I really liked how the logo of him came out! I can still do something else with the concept logo wise, I still might, but it won't be a pressing concept to get completed. I would still like for the team to use their ABA throwbacks as the Buccaneers, one because of nostalgia, two because of sales/marketing and three because IMO it satisfy's those who want that nautical attachment.

Like I said in another post, my Pelicans concept has (4) main uniforms just in that set with an optional (3) other alternates that the team could use for marketing including their Mardi Gras uni's, Bucs that I mentioned above and one original creation of my own.

I started sketching out ideas for a VooDoo and Hurricanes concept just to get them off my mind. The Hurricanes I think I will choose to propose to the team since I don't see the VooDoo being a valid option unless the owner of the Arena team is willing to deal!
    Been admiring your work from afar- hope you don't mind a little feedback?

I like the old-school feel of the jerseys. Class is definitely the way to go, something that still see being worn 100 years from now, without being redesigned every second year.

The Blue Knights jersey creates a decent first impression. Slight colour query- not completely convinced that gold and white can go together. Nice feel overall though. Not too dissimilar to the current NO jersey (which I'm on record as being a fan of- perhaps infamously already.. one week a member and embarrassed myself already? A new record.. and yes, I like creole blue as much as teal, more possibly. Certainly meshes well with the gold in any case).

The Red Knights jersey looks like an authentic NBA jersey- which is good.. however, honestly my first reaction was 'Raptors'! Again, not a slight (the present Raptors journey is an improvement over previous lamentable efforts), it's just that... it's going to be REALLY really hard to make an original-looking jersey using red (particularly with black). Chicago, LAC, Houston, Atlanta, Washington, Philly, Cleveland-in-wine and Toronto (plus Portland and Miami occasionally, and formerly (now) the Nets).. the league is just overloaded when it comes to red.

Have you played around with any tri-colour arrangements similar to the new Washington jerseys?

Oh, and I really like your avatar btw- understated, nice

Scrolling through these many names..

Arcangels and Blues - the standouts, definitely.

Arcangels has cache, definite dark brooding symbolic potential. I'm seeing something like an English football club coat-of-arms, possibly even a Latin motto..

Blues is relevant, lends itself to club colour/s

Some kind of combo (Blue Knights, Blue Angels, etc).. palatable..

General question- is support converging on a select few suggestions, or are loyalties proving somewhat divided?

From what I've heard from inside the team's office is that we will have to carry the Hornets name in for another season. Benson doesn't officially take over until July 1st, and that's when the ball is supposed to start rolling for the re-brand. It look's like the league is just going to wave one year out off of the customary two the require.
    I guess the question now is...is Benson and crew working on this now in preparation for when he takes over the team? Will we know in advance what the rebrand will be or will they wait until the season is almost over?

I just hope it's not Angels, Spirit, or Voodoo.

I have a sick idea for a Voodoo concept! Sketching it is one thing. Making it work in the digital world is another! I also came up with something nice for the Hurricanes.
    New Orleans Domino?

Hi 42. You don't care about facts? One of them I see. You must be one of those pointy headed liberals that care about feelings. Nice avatar. by the way. Ozzy is one heck of a role model. That help explains your comments.

Well first of all, Marriam Webster isn't Biblical. They said that Christians are God's chosen people. That's not correct. Jews are God's chosen people. But I'm getting too theological for you so I'm not going to waste any effort with you.

"I don't care about facts. I will use the first thing that pops in my head right now, and I will use it now and forever, no matter what reality throws at me."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/saint

Here's a link to a dictionary with multiple uses, none of which have anything about being a sinner or transitioning to heaven.

I know the dictionary (this company makes a very popular American dictionary), which is a book that lists words, what they mean, where they come from, how they might be used, might be considered as a pundit, but it's a standard resource. It's quite handy for people who can read and want to read things where they don't quite know all the words.

And you must just LOVE what I'm saying to you since you are immitating it (highest form of flattery).

Now you can say how if I learn the lessons you are trying to give me nicely, life will teach me the hard way, or I'll be dealt with in some afterlife, right? Go ahead. Do it. It'll be fun.

The point is, you need to so a little research about some of what you are saying, or just flat out ask people to fill in the blanks for you. Spitting out stuff that is patently false is no way to carry yourself, no matter what your beliefs or how much that `funny feeling' between your ears is scary or kind of `hurts'.

And if you don't have a problem with them, then you don't know what a pagan is or you are a hypocrite. Is that a sin, Mr. Expert?

Wow...

Technically 42's Avatar also includes Kermit the Frog. I'll be damned if I'm going to let anyone potentially badmouth Kermit as a role model...

Seriously though, if I were you I'd leave 42 alone. You gotta pick your fights, and I fear you may be outmatched.

And theology should never, ever come up on a basketball forum.. seriously. There's a time and a place dude.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Take it to PM, Christian. No on cares enough too see you get mentally beat down all over the place in the name change thread.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    Hi 42. You don't care about facts? One of them I see. You must be one of those pointy headed liberals that care about feelings. Nice avatar. by the way. Ozzy is one heck of a role model. That help explains your comments.

Well first of all, Marriam Webster isn't Biblical. They said that Christians are God's chosen people. That's not correct. Jews are God's chosen people. But I'm getting too theological for you so I'm not going to waste any effort with you.
    "And Jesus said to his disciples, 'Lo, if you cannot win their hearts, use ad hominem over the internet to smite them.'"

The Artist    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Attila The Hun View Post
    Been admiring your work from afar- hope you don't mind a little feedback?

I like the old-school feel of the jerseys. Class is definitely the way to go, something that still see being worn 100 years from now, without being redesigned every second year.

The Blue Knights jersey creates a decent first impression. Slight colour query- not completely convinced that gold and white can go together. Nice feel overall though. Not too dissimilar to the current NO jersey (which I'm on record as being a fan of- perhaps infamously already.. one week a member and embarrassed myself already? A new record.. and yes, I like creole blue as much as teal, more possibly. Certainly meshes well with the gold in any case).

The Red Knights jersey looks like an authentic NBA jersey- which is good.. however, honestly my first reaction was 'Raptors'! Again, not a slight (the present Raptors journey is an improvement over previous lamentable efforts), it's just that... it's going to be REALLY really hard to make an original-looking jersey using red (particularly with black). Chicago, LAC, Houston, Atlanta, Washington, Philly, Cleveland-in-wine and Toronto (plus Portland and Miami occasionally, and formerly (now) the Nets).. the league is just overloaded when it comes to red.

Have you played around with any tri-colour arrangements similar to the new Washington jerseys?

Oh, and I really like your avatar btw- understated, nice
    I feel where you're coming from. I really didn't care for the jersey design at first, I was just trying to do something different. Since people liked it and asked for an alternate color, that's why I switched the colors to red, black and gold. I do however have concepts that don't hinder on blue's and red's like so many other NBA teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Take it to PM, Christian. No on cares enough too see you get mentally beat down all over the place in the name change thread.
    please no.. i want to see 42 bring the wrath

How about the New Orleans 666.

"Do unto others" -- English, from English, from Greek, from Hebrew, Matthew 7:12

re: pointy headed "'You shall not cut the hair on the sides of your heads, neither shall you clip off the edge of your beard" -- Leviticus 19:27 and I don't. Do you? Ol' (testament) school!

re: liberal, feelings. I'm not sure what even means, but am sure you don't.

As far as theology goes, I've got quite the education in that arena and can dance with you. Wanna talk the 4 literary traditions in the Bible? Apocrypha? Varying accounts of creation? The talking donkey? Numerology? Ezekial bread? Eytmological equivalence of the names for Jesus and Joshua? Translation lines? Paul's travels? The 40 days(es)?

As mentioned above, that's a discussion for elsewhere, but I want you to know that I welcome the chance to educate you and to heal you.

re: avatar, those are not exactly supposed to be role models . . . and at least mine isn't a 4yo 2-dimensional commandment breaking bee.

As far as the TOPIC goes, I don't think polarizing THE WORLD with a judeo-christian dripping name is what the NBA wants to do with its global market and one of its most cosmopolitain, and certainly its most European, cities.

The brand will try to be neutral to most people, have a little pep, and, hopefully, engage the locals.

Look for my daily suggestions that this board seems dead set on making has difficult as possible for me.

What did I ever do to them to deserve this? Oh, yeah, I was a grumpy . . . patootie . . . reaping, sewing . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    No.

And you loved that one. LOVED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    How about the New Orleans 666.
    Actually, that number MAY be a `typo' or other mistake in an early translation.

It seems many on this site see you as some kind of 'god'. That's fine- you're a popular guy and frankly since you are such the genius, being popular means you are in the wrong group. Since youre some kind of genius, you obviously have no problem understanding what I'm talking about. I'll let you get back to leading your disciples now.

"Do unto others" -- English, from English, from Greek, from Hebrew, Matthew 7:12

re: pointy headed "'You shall not cut the hair on the sides of your heads, neither shall you clip off the edge of your beard" -- Leviticus 19:27 and I don't. Do you? Ol' (testament) school!

As far as theology goes, I've got quite the education in that arena and can dance with you. Wanna talk the 4 literary traditions in the Bible? Apocrypha? Varying accounts of creation? The talking donkey? Numerology? Ezekial bread? Eytmological equivalence of the names for Jesus and Joshua? Translation lines? Paul's travels? The 40 days(es)?

As mentioned above, that's a discussion for elsewhere, but I want you to know that I welcome the chance to educate you and to heal you.

re: avatar, those are not exactly supposed to be role models . . . and at least mine isn't a 4yo 2-dimensional commandment breaking bee.

As far as the TOPIC goes, I don't think polarizing THE WORLD with a judeo-christian dripping name is what the NBA wants to do with its global market and one of its most cosmopolitain, and certainly its most European, cities.

The brand will try to be neutral to most people, have a little pep, and, hopefully, engage the locals.

Look for my daily suggestions that this board seems dead set on making has difficult as possible for me.

What did I ever do to them to deserve this? Oh, yeah, I was a grumpy . . . patootie . . . reaping, sewing . . .

Ugh, and I was on your side too.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Ugh, and I was on your side too.
    Ha. Dislike me having debated this stuff enough to club these kind and gentle souls with their own tongues?

Or just too pompous?

It seems many on this site see you as some kind of 'god'. That's fine- you're a popular guy and frankly since you are such the genius, being popular means you are in the wrong group. Since youre some kind of genius, you obviously have no problem understanding what I'm talking about. I'll let you get back to leading your disciples now.
    If you think I'm popular, you are sadly mistaken. If you think people agree with me on things or wait for my opinion, you are sadly mistaken. I rarely weigh in on many `hot topic' on this site.

I've never been a `cool kid.' I don't, however, just walk in to someone's house and telling them what for. I wait a little bit, engage, scrap if necessary, the settle up and move on.

I'm fine doing that with you at this point.

Have a good one.

So tonight's names:

New Orleans MacBooks
    New Orleans Corbetts
    New Orleans Party
    New Orleans Freak City
    New Orleans 1693 (whatever year we were founded)
    New Orleans 2012
    New Orleans BC (Basketball Club)
    New Orleans Munch
    New Orleans UnilateralConversion
    New Orleans Nickels
    New Orleans Double Nickels
    New Orleans Sweet Louie's
    New Orleans Hippity Hop (Hot Rod Hundley call)
    New Orleans Crantakers
    New Orleans BOOM!
    New Orleans Caliente
    New Orleans Magnolia
    New Orleans SwampMen
    New Orleans Plume

Ha. Dislike me having debated this stuff enough to club these kind and gentle souls with their own tongues?

Or just too pompous?
    i cant figure out what he disagrees with

Banned
    come on guys we need something authentic NEW ORLEANS DAIQUIRIS its worth a shot if bigdub does the unis

Thread Information