Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 3

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    i do like the blue & gold look opposed to the black & gold... i think teams from the same city should have different colorways..
    Gotta say, I like it too.

That Dub guy knows some stuff.

Hall of Famer
    Incredible work on the jersey, bigdub. Not much more I can say beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the name "Knights" or of these logos (the helmet kinda looks like it's on fire, especially when it's small, like on the jersey).

BUT, these jerseys and the color combo here, are fantastic.

Very few names could only work with specific colors. Krewe probably wouldn't work with anything other than the Mardi Gras colors.

But you could take "Brass" or "Angels" or "Dukes" or "Pelicans" and stick them on this jersey with Royal Blue and Old Gold and it would be just as sweet as this "Knights" mockup.

Good job bigdub, as always.

Royal blue and old good would be a perfect uniform for the perfect name Arcangels.........................epic............ ............

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Those jerseys AND colors would also work with Corsairs, including the FDL.
    Wherehappens.

dub, any progress on the Pelican uniforms? I'm dyin over here

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    This... Might as well admit it's going to be the Pelicans. Let's stop *****-footing around these alternatives that will not be our mascot next fall.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

These logos were just done from a few sketches I made a while back. I felt like posting some designs on here just to see how they would go over. There wasn't any particular reason for the design to be black and gold, it was just the combo that I went with.

This is superb: crisp, regal, awesome. I'll certainly buy some Knights gear if that is the name, and the blue-and-gold combo really works for me.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

The Artist    Contributor   
    Here is the away version in royal blue and gold

Here is a version of them in red, black and gold

Purple Haze

The Pelicans concept has been completed but I can't show that set to you since it will be one that I will be proposing to the team.

The Knights weren't a concept that I planned on presenting, that's why I chose to post it. I feel bad that I can't show you any of the designs if that helps!

I still plan on using the designs that John did for the Knights and Dominos and fitting them into my template since people did ask and he gave the go ahead.

Even though I did plan on doing a concept for Corsairs, I backed off of it after reading some material about Jean Lafitte since I was using his likeness as my primary logo. The problem that I had with his imagery was the fact that he bought, sold and traded slaves amongst his other dealings. For that, I didn't think that his likeness would be the right image for the team brand.

It sucked for me because I really liked how the logo of him came out! I can still do something else with the concept logo wise, I still might, but it won't be a pressing concept to get completed. I would still like for the team to use their ABA throwbacks as the Buccaneers, one because of nostalgia, two because of sales/marketing and three because IMO it satisfy's those who want that nautical attachment.

Like I said in another post, my Pelicans concept has (4) main uniforms just in that set with an optional (3) other alternates that the team could use for marketing including their Mardi Gras uni's, Bucs that I mentioned above and one original creation of my own.

I started sketching out ideas for a VooDoo and Hurricanes concept just to get them off my mind. The Hurricanes I think I will choose to propose to the team since I don't see the VooDoo being a valid option unless the owner of the Arena team is willing to deal!

the white is awesome.. a black uni would be cool

knights are my fav name now

i will never get behind pelicans
    Last edited by bojangles837; 06-05-2012 at 02:19 AM.

wow you continue to amaze me everytime bigdub <3

Even though I'm not big on those Knights logos, I do like the jersey design a lot.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Red, black, and gold are growing on me something fierce.

The Franchise
    That is fantastic, can we see the Pelican designs in the future at the right time?
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

June 5: New Orleans Governors
    June 4: New Orleans Trumpters
    June 3: New Orleans Maskers
    June 2: New Orleans Misfits
    June 1: New Orleans Desire

We'll see the Pelicans stuff when Benson announces the name change.

Good luck Dub!
    ==
    42- I don't get the Jeff Hwy/Jason parade from the new name. I do imagine Huey P. Long, and an assassination.

I understand dub, good luck!

1st post, although I've been following for awhile (especially these concept threads).

That uni design, in the red/black/gold color scheme is near flawless. I'm tired of the same old blue-tone combos, just seems outdone now. But these - although you share some color groupings (Bulls, Blazers, Heat), I don't think any of them pull it together quite like this. It's got a tough personality without being overworked. This is the best yet bigdub, kudos.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Love the Knights jerseys, Dub. Very modern & sleek design along with the NOLA-centric font, yet nothing too over-the-top & busy. The royal blue and old gold is very nice, but MAAAAAAAN, that black, Astros/D-Backs red, and old gold is a sick, edgy combo!!!

But I agree with some others about the logos, seem a little too soft, texture-wise. I was expecting something similar to the sword usage in 78's avi, with the FDL incorporation.

I love the Knights design, especially the Black/Gold/Red design. I would prefer the away jersey be black however than red. I love the black/gold color scheme with the red being more of a minor color, like you did in the white home jerseys.

But I love all of your designs BigDub, keep it up. And if you have any others that you aren't submitting to the team, post those as well

Love the Blue and Gold

I gotta say the Blue and gold is so much nicer than that red, blk and gold. We need to stick with that. That way we keep a bit of history with a shade of blue in the uni and add the gold to represent new orleans...i like it and the fleur de lis on the uniforms. What program do u use to make the jerseys

also i think john lafitte would be a cool looking logo...u should go with it no matter what the nature of his background was. we can not hide or run from our past...just accept and move on!

Hall of Famer

You sir, are amazing. I had a redesign for the Knights sketched up, but you just blew it away, man. Simply incredible.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    That blue is looking awfully creole. The red ones are nice, though. Still not wild about the gold accents -- I think silver would be better.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

The Pelicans concept has been completed but I can't show that set to you since it will be one that I will be proposing to the team.

The Knights weren't a concept that I planned on presenting, that's why I chose to post it. I feel bad that I can't show you any of the designs if that helps!

I still plan on using the designs that John did for the Knights and Dominos and fitting them into my template since people did ask and he gave the go ahead.

Even though I did plan on doing a concept for Corsairs, I backed off of it after reading some material about Jean Lafitte since I was using his likeness as my primary logo. The problem that I had with his imagery was the fact that he bought, sold and traded slaves amongst his other dealings. For that, I didn't think that his likeness would be the right image for the team brand.

It sucked for me because I really liked how the logo of him came out! I can still do something else with the concept logo wise, I still might, but it won't be a pressing concept to get completed. I would still like for the team to use their ABA throwbacks as the Buccaneers, one because of nostalgia, two because of sales/marketing and three because IMO it satisfy's those who want that nautical attachment.

Like I said in another post, my Pelicans concept has (4) main uniforms just in that set with an optional (3) other alternates that the team could use for marketing including their Mardi Gras uni's, Bucs that I mentioned above and one original creation of my own.

I started sketching out ideas for a VooDoo and Hurricanes concept just to get them off my mind. The Hurricanes I think I will choose to propose to the team since I don't see the VooDoo being a valid option unless the owner of the Arena team is willing to deal!
    Not be a negative nancy, but I think it's great youre proposing to the team, and I just think if you're going to propose more than one, I think the knights, krewe, dominos or voodoo may be better than hurricanes, just because well, hurricanes may not be the best idea for New Orleans and it'd be a shame to let those great designs go to waste

Fan of the blue and gold color scheme btw

Thread Information