Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    New Orleans Super Sonics.
    New Orleans Super Duper Sonics

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    New Orleans Super Duper Sonics
    The New Orleans Chronic

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    big upgrade over their last ones, but the "CATS" ones have a little too much of a WNBA feel for me

it's essentially the MAVS style jerseys with thunder colors

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    big upgrade over their last ones, but the "CATS" ones have a little too much of a WNBA feel for me

it's essentially the MAVS style jerseys with thunder colors
    I think I like white jersey's better than if if they said BOB on the front....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

It compares to the Mavs jerseys. They are much improved over their previous garbage jerseys. You see how they put the CITY on the away jersey

Hall of Famer
    Those are awful. Nothing original. OKC colors, Mavs lettering and style, Orlando jersey template. And "Cats?" Really Jordan? I guess they don't want the Hornets name back if they're introducing new jerseys.

The Artist    Contributor   
    I guess they don't want the Hornets name back if they're introducing new jerseys.
    That's what I'm thinking! This has got to be rubbing those who wanted the Hornets back the wrong way. I mean it's his money if he want's to change them again once we drop the name, but this is their 3rd uniform update since their inception and it doesn't look good for the Charlotte Hornets faithful!

I honestly think Jordan is just trolling the NBA at this point.

Hall of Famer
    I'm kinda wondering where this came from, though. I mean, this literally came out of nowhere, totally unexpected.

imagine how mad the Charlotte Hornets faithful will be when their team become the Seattle Super-Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I honestly think Jordan is just trolling the NBA at this point.
    There really was no reason to do this at all IMO. I liked their original updated uniforms that had the unique looking collar which eventually got changed because of conflicts with Adidas. Jordan is basically giving the people of Charlotte a big middle finger towards ever becoming the Hornets again. Great way to alienate a fan base Mike!

But this move to updated uniforms had to be in the work's prior to the lottery. Jordan and company had to be banking on getting the #1 and having Davis sport the new threads to push merchandise sales, not that he wouldn't have done it regardless of the change. I guess since the lottery backfired in their face there wasn't anything left to do but take a pic in the new uni's and put it out there!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    There really was no reason to do this at all IMO. I liked their original updated uniforms that had the unique looking collar which eventually got changed because of conflicts with Adidas. Jordan is basically giving the people of Charlotte a big middle finger towards ever becoming the Hornets again. Great way to alienate a fan base Mike!

But this move to updated uniforms had to be in the work's prior to the lottery. Jordan and company had to be banking on getting the #1 and having Davis sport the new threads to push merchandise sales, not that he wouldn't have done it regardless of the change. I guess since the lottery backfired in their face there wasn't anything left to do but take a pic in the new uni's and put it out there!
    With the "big" three. Good analysis. I think that might be why they are shopping the #2, for a marketable player.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    With the "big" three. Good analysis. I think that might be why they are shopping the #2, for a marketable player.
    As great a player as Jordan was, this guy really sucks as an owner/gm/whatever, in the sport that he helped to get where it is. The people in Charlotte know that they're team sucked regardless of their own 'tank' efforts, and despite not getting the #1 pick, Jordan chose instead to re-market a brand that an overwhelming majority of fans don't care for.

In 10 years the people there have never come this close to actually acquiring the naming rights to their original franchise again, to only have a native son and beloved greatest player of the sport basically take a dump on their dreams. I might sound like I'm flag bearing their franchise a bit, but this one has to sting (NPI).

IMO there are only three reasons that I can honestly see why this was done. 1) Maybe he did contact Benson and Benson wasn't willing to deal the rights or the price was too high for even his airness. 2) It was done a la' Cleveland/LeBron as a way to usher in the era of a new marketing effort via a new face of the franchise. or 3) He really just doesn't care about the people that would have liked to have the Hornets brand back in Charlotte.

Not saying that it still couldn't go through. It's just at this point with a complete uniform overhaul, a re-brand for Charlotte doesn't seem to be in their immediate future. How could you expect fans to spend money on merchandise that would only have a 2 year shelf life?

Banned
    jordan was the best player period. as a shoe brand he is elite. everything else he sucks. big time.

Banned
    these jersey scream we want the hornets back

Draft Pick

PLEASE READ SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND

Hey you guys I am from the Charlotte area and I want to catch you guys up with whats going on. I for one would like to say thanks for your concerns about us getting our name back, but the fact that Jordan rebranded does not mean that the Hornets name is not coming home. Its basically like this, well since theres a posibility that we can get the name back lets just change up a few things to try and sell a little more of the BOBcats merchandise. It does not mean he will stick to the name BOBcats, theres even a recent article out that states even if there are minor changes it would not harm the idea of rebranding to another name. Now that I finally got that out I would love to say congrats with landing the number 1 pick. I hope AD is great for your franchise and I hope you guys can agree on a name that best fits your city. By the way here is the link that states any changes want harm the idea of Charlotte rebranding. http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/06/...team-says.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigg Taylor View Post
    Hey you guys I am from the Charlotte area and I want to catch you guys up with whats going on. I for one would like to say thanks for your concerns about us getting our name back, but the fact that Jordan rebranded does not mean that the Hornets name is not coming home. Its basically like this, well since theres a posibility that we can get the name back lets just change up a few things to try and sell a little more of the BOBcats merchandise. It does not mean he will stick to the name BOBcats, theres even a recent article out that states even if there are minor changes it would not harm the idea of rebranding to another name. Now that I finally got that out I would love to say congrats with landing the number 1 pick. I hope AD is great for your franchise and I hope you guys can agree on a name that best fits your city. By the way here is the link that states any changes want harm the idea of Charlotte rebranding. http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/06/...team-says.html
    thanks for the interuption

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Those are awful. Nothing original. OKC colors, Mavs lettering and style, Orlando jersey template. And "Cats?" Really Jordan? I guess they don't want the Hornets name back if they're introducing new jerseys.
    Meh...the old ones look better, but I hope this is a sign that Jordan doesn't want to rebrand.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Draft Pick
    And you're welcome

Let's add in a couple of facts. Jordon bought the team in the Spring of 2010. It is now 2y after that and he's already invested in doing something, as we all know about the timeframe, fees, and costs. He could not counr on us changing by now nor any date for us to change. He has to go on what he knows at the time. But, he's taken Bob out of the home arena.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    a couple of quick things...I was teasing about Dub using the name Tropics for his gag yesterday, but only teasing....its just me, but I thought the whole deal with the uni's was cute and I had no problem with the "breaking news thingie"...I didn't realize at first that some actually did and I guess I just can't see that....anyway, the nickname for today starts with a T and I am proposing (sure I am) the New Orleans Tchoupitoulas'!

New Orleans Arc Angels...............................epic......... ....................................

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

New Orleans Domino

New Orleans Dukes!

Thread Information