Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 3

Don't have any idea why, but that last list brought back memories of the old Krewe of Jason parade on Jefferson Hwy.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Man those Knight logos are great. I would love to see you incorporate just a tad of red, just to see how her ideas of colors would work together on a logo.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Panic Hoops View Post
    Don't have any idea why, but that last list brought back memories of the old Krewe of Jason parade on Jefferson Hwy.
    Lots of good reasons for that.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Lots of good reasons for that.

Please help me understand?

Please help me understand?
    Some things are beyond understanding, like the lyrics to Louie, Louie (Kingsman)

Some things are beyond understanding, like the lyrics to Louie, Louie (Kingsman)
    Thank you 42 You don't know how much that has helped me to understand.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Here is what I've come up with for a Knights concept. It's just the logos right now, still working on the uniforms. I have something that look's ok, but I'm not sold on it! I'll post it later, right now I'd just like to hear what you all feel about these.

Excellent work as always, bigdub! I guess I'll have to echo some of the other statements made, you might want to consider adding a hint of another color, just to break up the black/gold. I'm fine with linking our colors to the Saints, but we need to make it unique. Even the Pittsburgh teams have incorporated unique colors (Penguins: Light Blue, Gold, Pirates: Red). I'd go with red, purple, or some shade of blue.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Something about the almost featureless helmet that appeals to me.

Hall of Famer
    It reminds me of the old Warriors logo.

Thank you 42 You don't know how much that has helped me to understand.
    Ha. I'm a Jason, and I've lived off Jefferson Highway before.

Ha. I'm a Jason, and I've lived off Jefferson Highway before.
    I tried to click "like".

Grew up near Dodge, but I'm way older than you.

Hmmmm . . . I can walk to the Blue Tomato, Haydel's and Bud's too.

Don't be fooled . . . I'm WAY less mature than my age.

Here is what I've come up with for a Knights concept. It's just the logos right now, still working on the uniforms. I have something that look's ok, but I'm not sold on it! I'll post it later, right now I'd just like to hear what you all feel about these.

It's solid, but I think I like your other work more.

The idea of a coat of arms is appealing, but that one doesn't quite do it for me. It feels a bit soft, texture-wise.

On the helmet, I agree with Eman. The smooth look works with the logo accent. Something about the gold...headpiece(?) turns me off, though.

The Artist    Contributor   
    These logos were just done from a few sketches I made a while back. I felt like posting some designs on here just to see how they would go over. There wasn't any particular reason for the design to be black and gold, it was just the combo that I went with.

I was looking at the desings for the Brooklyn Nets and I wanted these logos to be simple, but not as simple as theirs. Design wise, I don't have as much in them as I usually do in my other logos, but at the same time I tried to get as much 'New Orleans' in there as I could.

The hand guards on the swords are crescents and obviously the fleur de lis, being the main element with the basketball intergrated into it. The headpiece on the Knight is supposed to resemble the three upper petals of a fdl, as well.

Either way, the Knights as a concept was not one that I was looking to propose to the team which is the reason why I am posting it here. Not saying that the name isn't cool, it is, but I just don't see the association between it and New Orleans other than the name rolling off of the tongue easily!

Here is the jersey that I desinged but I switched the colors as some of you suggested. The reason behind the thick neck/arm borders is because I wanted it to resemble the way armor looks on a Knight. The metal would have rolled edges so that they wouldn't be sharp and I tried to convey that with the gold piping.

The fleur de li patches under the arms was just something I was trying to be creative and different with! It was designed from pieces that normally would fit over a Knight's shoulder but seeing as basketball jerseys give you limited space, I just kinda' stuck it there and popped the fdl in it. The little white design right above it was put there just because! If it works for you, it works for me!

Last edited by bigdub81; 06-04-2012 at 06:02 AM.

These logos were just done from a few sketches I made a while back. I felt like posting some designs on here just to see how they would go over. There wasn't any particular reason for the design to be black and gold, it was just the combo that I went with.

I was looking at the desings for the Brooklyn Nets and I wanted these logos to be simple, but not as simple as theirs. Design wise, I don't have as much in them as I usually do in my other logos, but at the same time I tried to get as much 'New Orleans' in there as I could.

The hand guards on the swords are crescents and obviously the fleur de lis, being the main element with the basketball intergrated into it. The headpiece on the Knight is supposed to resemble the three upper petals of a fdl, as well.

Either way, the Knights as a concept was not one that I was looking to propose to the team which is the reason why I am posting it here. Not saying that the name isn't cool, it is, but I just don't see the association between it and New Orleans other than the name rolling off of the tongue easily!

Here is the jersey that I desinged but I switched the colors as some of you suggested. The reason behind the thick neck/arm borders is because I wanted it to resemble the way armor looks on a Knight. The metal would have rolled edges so that they wouldn't be sharp and I tried to convey that with the gold piping.

The fleur de li patches under the arms was just something I was trying to be creative and different with! It was designed from pieces that normally would fit over a Knight's shoulder but seeing as basketball jerseys give you limited space, I just kinda' stuck it there and popped the fdl in it. The little white design right above it was put there just because! If it works for you, it works for me!

WOW I LOVE IT!!! THANKYOU bigdub!!!!!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I have an honest question...why is there (and has been) so many Carnival Krewes with Knights as part of their name/theme?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The Artist    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I have an honest question...why is there (and has been) so many Carnival Krewes with Knights as part of their name/theme?
    I think it has something to do with the 'royal' aspect of most krewe's. Every krewe has their king/queen and I think some, maybe Endymion, Bacchus, etc. have Dukes, Knights, Monarchs, just not sure.

It was all part of lampooning the aristocracy, gentry, rich folk. Now, it's just habit.

June 4: New Orleans Trumpters
    June 3: New Orleans Maskers
    June 2: New Orleans Misfits
    June 1: New Orleans Desire

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    It was all part of lampooning the aristocracy, gentry, rich folk. Now, it's just habit.
    are you making fun of me, 42?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    are you making fun of me, 42?
    Not in writing.

I think I would like the name Knights if it was Nights. New Orleans Nights.

Man those Knight logos are great. I would love to see you incorporate just a tad of red, just to see how her ideas of colors would work together on a logo.
    Yea BigDub, I love the Knights logo and jerseys suggested. Like some others, a little hint of red with the black/gold being the dominant colors would look great. Especially if that is what Benson is going for. With these designs, I'm starting to dig the New Orleans Knights

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    bigdub those jerseys are PERFECT.
    Wherehappens.

i do like the blue & gold look opposed to the black & gold... i think teams from the same city should have different colorways..

Thread Information