Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 3

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    Good, quality post, even though I would not mind a rebrand. At this point, I'm happy our team has a great future. I'm losing all my interest in a rebrand. No one can find an acceptable name anyways....
    I agree I thought this would be fun. This **** is draining and we aren't even involved. Lol

I think I'm disqualifying myself. I don't like Pelicans and I'm strongly leaning towards a name I thought was a joke when it was initially mentioned.

Trying to do a new name every day... i'll do a new one if it's a repeat, but you gotta show me.

Today... The New Orleans Cypress

The Artist    Contributor   
    When you think about colors in marketing, there are certain colors that are considered ‘power’ colors. Primarily, these colors are rich, dark tones of black, green, red, brown and blue. The reason why many teams choose either navy or black, or at some point in their history carried a black alternate, is because those two colors give the perception of authority.

There are some lighter colors that can be considered ‘power’ colors when paired monochromatically, or share colors that all fall within the same hue. Lakers gold anyone? Brighter colors however, should only be used in small doses. A lot of color and many different colors worn at the same time gives the look of lower professionalism. Thunder anyone?

Sentiments aside, most teams may have chosen their color scheme for completely different reasons. Would it be out of the way to see a ‘Celtic’ in anything other than green? The whole foundation behind the teams name association to the majority of Boston natives and their Irish heritage and it’s primary association to the color green, drives home the value of the team being that color predominantly and nothing else.

This is a fact why so many feel negatively against Utah for holding to both a name and color scheme that by right are associated with New Orleans. The only premise either of those hold for Utah is the fact that they have owned them more than thirty years, so long in fact that the identity has become solely theirs. Fifty two seasons in Los Angeles as opposed to thirteen in Minneapolis is no comparison, but even with a replacement team, for some it still hurts.

That is where teams such as New Orleans and Charlotte fall into a special category. The category of ‘making it right’. Forced or not, the NFL did it with the re-location of the original Browns to Baltimore who then became the Ravens and the subsequent expansion via Houston and Cleveland who once again became the Browns. Players aside, the city got back what meant the most to them. Their identity!

New Orleans is in a position to grant this for Charlotte and Michael Jordan has gone on record saying that if it meant that much to the city, he would consider the change. Those of you who hold dearly for this team to keep the identity that you cling to, more than likely will get your wish. It is not out of the realm of possibility that this brand will be gone forever. Just moved back home!

So there is no need to keep crying over what is inevitably going to happen. A re-brand. Our city deserves it and we finally have an owner who is more than willing to grant us one. There is enough material to start a foundation for a great identity, we just have to trust that the powers that be have the fortitude to do the right thing.

FWIW, The Hornets weren't teal, purple and gold when they were in Charlotte. Shinn only added the gold when the team first moved here. The original Hugo logo had an orange basketball.

And there is no longer teal in their color scheme. It is now called 'Creole Blue' which is the same shade of blue used as a pinstripe/trim color from their original uniforms in Charlotte. The other pinstripe colors were light blue, green and purple which they became so famous for!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Trying to do a new name every day... i'll do a new one if it's a repeat, but you gotta show me.

Today... The New Orleans Cypress
    Silverfox (I think...) brought this one up already a few pages back. Don't feel like looking for it, so you'll have to take my word for it
    @DanielVeuleman

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    The New Orleans... that's it. Just 'The New Orleans!'
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Banned
    hornets hornets hornets hornets hornets hornets hornets hornets

If I had any artistic ability I'd make a New Orleans Domino logo using the street tiles. That would look really cool.

I just thought of a cool nickname for the arena. The Ballroom. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Silverfox (I think...) brought this one up already a few pages back. Don't feel like looking for it, so you'll have to take my word for it
    You, you get a freebie.

Edit to the New Orleans Desire.

New Orleans Jambalaya!

We can all be Newman and instead of eating Gumbo, we say "Jambalaya!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMMVvS_mmqE [/youtube]

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMMVvS_mmqE

New Orleans/Charlotte Hornets
    aka Hornet Blood

Credit: wopester

Banned
    if we dont change the name before this season lets kick it old school with retro hornets unis

Quote Originally Posted by laclife View Post
    if we dont change the name before this season lets kick it old school with retro hornets unis
    If we were going to do that, I'd rather see us go a full season with the Bucs throwbacks.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    We could go toe toe with the Knicks for the single name syllable title with Navigators....sometimes the Navs and sometimes the Gators, but never Charlotte....direct tie in with ship pilots as well as others who lead the way....I wanted to suggest this one before 42 did!!
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

No to Navigators for me. Best american football team here in Portugal and i play in a rival team. Renegades is my team. We can use that

But honestly, i like the name.

HERE'S PIERRE!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    We could go toe toe with the Knicks for the single name syllable title with Navigators....sometimes the Navs and sometimes the Gators, but never Charlotte....direct tie in with ship pilots as well as others who lead the way....I wanted to suggest this one before 42 did!!
    Trying to make my life hard eh? Jotting this down in my little notebook . . .

No love for Desire? Man, I thought at least one person would like it. Clearly, I'm weird. High School was right!

June 2: New Orleans Misfits
    June 1: New Orleans Desire

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    The New Orleans Camping Chairs! Only 6.95 a seat at games and sold at Home Depot!
    Wherehappens.

Here is what I've come up with for a Knights concept. It's just the logos right now, still working on the uniforms. I have something that look's ok, but I'm not sold on it! I'll post it later, right now I'd just like to hear what you all feel about these.

Niiiice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Here is what I've come up with for a Knights concept. It's just the logos right now, still working on the uniforms. I have something that look's ok, but I'm not sold on it! I'll post it later, right now I'd just like to hear what you all feel about these.

those are ill. I just don't like the idea of being Saints Jr.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

I think they mentioned that Mrs. Benson wants black, gold and cardinal red. Where would you put cardinal red in that logo?

Get rid of the black and gold parts and make it red!

So many teams have red in their uniforms though. I really like the design but I'm not big on the black and gold either. However, I wouldn't totally oppose it. No other NBA team has black and gold I don't think.

I would be totally opposed to it. I would set up a formal opposition party! But, seriously, yeah, I really hope we don't do the whole 'city color theme' thing like Pittsburgh. I want two distinct/separate brands not The New Orleans Football Saints and the The New Orleans Basketball Saints. Mardi Gras colors all the way -- to hell with the Utah Jazz!

June 3: New Orleans Maskers
    June 2: New Orleans Misfits
    June 1: New Orleans Desire

Thread Information