Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Another Eric Gordon Rumor...

Rumor Another Eric Gordon Rumor...

Pacers Backing Up The Brinks Truck: Word from the draft process is that Hornets guard Eric Gordon is wavering on his interest in a long-term deal in New Orleans and that his preferred destination is the Indiana Pacers.

Apparently the affections for Gordon are mutual as sources close to the new Pacers front office say that they will make a “sizable” offer to Eric Gordon in hopes of either forcing a sign-and-trade with the Hornets or landing him outright.

Sources near the process in New Orleans say that while building around Eric Gordon has always been the plan, they are not about to tie up major money in a guy that clearly does not want to be there.

The Pacers looks to have as much as $21 million to play with in free agency, the question is how much will Gordon cost in cash, and in order to get New Orleans out of the way will it also cost the Pacers Paul George?

The Hornets are not open to taking back large long-term contracts so a sign-and-trade would have to be built around guys on rookie deals.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-tra...medium=twitter

Banned
    Man, I love the internet.

Both of those rumors (Pacers chasing Gordon & Hornets not paying him) have been disputed weeks ago.

Pacers have too many issues of their own in the near future salary cap wise anyway. I doubt they even put in an offer.

There is allways something else everyday with this guy.. If he doesnt want to be here sign and trade, but if he does keep him

These guys are getting paid to write this ****?

More like:

Word from the draft process is that Hornets guard Eric Gordon really wants to win a championship with Anthony Davis rather than get stuck on a 3-4 seed that will never be better than Chicago and Miami in the east, but he also wants to get his money which means he needs someone to make a max offer for him so he's going to get his home town team to do the dirty work for him.

If I were the Hornets, I'd put a rumor that said:

Word from the draft process is that Pacers Center Roy Hibbert is wavering on his interest in a long-term deal with the Pacers and that his preferred destination is the New Orleans Hornets.

Apparently the affections for Hibbert are mutual as sources close to the New Orleans front office say that they will make a “sizable” offer to Roy Hibbert in hopes of either forcing a sign-and-trade with the Pacer or landing him outright.

Sources near the process in Pacers say that while building around Roy Hibber has always been the plan, they are not about to tie up major money in a guy that clearly does not want to be there.

The Hornets looks to have as much as $21 million to play with in free agency, the question is how much will Hibbert cost in cash, and in order to get the Pacers out of the way will it also cost the Hornets Eric Gordon?

The hornets are not open to taking back large long-term contracts so a sign-and-trade would have to be built around guys on rookie deals.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBEEZkneez View Post
    There is allways something else everyday with this guy.. If he doesnt want to be here sign and trade, but if he does keep him
    Says the guy with the Eric Gordon avatar

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    And I'm sure Anthony Davis would rather be a Bull. I'm sure Paul Pierce wanted to be a Laker when he first came into the league. It's already been rumored that Carl Landry would love to be a Buck.

Let me raise this question, how many guys currently on NBA rosters are in their preferred destination right now? If I had to guess, not too many. Why wouldn't a guy want to play in his hometown, where he grew up, went to High School, where all his friends live? It's common.

But it's not always an option. We've already discussed the fact that no team can offer Gordon more than what we ALREADY offered before the deadline. Infact, it's 1M a season less than what we offered. So in reality, we have already outbid any team that wants to "make a offer the Hornets won't match."

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    Pacers Backing Up The Brinks Truck: Word from the draft process is that Hornets guard Eric Gordon is wavering on his interest in a long-term deal in New Orleans and that his preferred destination is the Indiana Pacers.

Apparently the affections for Gordon are mutual as sources close to the new Pacers front office say that they will make a “sizable” offer to Eric Gordon in hopes of either forcing a sign-and-trade with the Hornets or landing him outright.

Sources near the process in New Orleans say that while building around Eric Gordon has always been the plan, they are not about to tie up major money in a guy that clearly does not want to be there.

The Pacers looks to have as much as $21 million to play with in free agency, the question is how much will Gordon cost in cash, and in order to get New Orleans out of the way will it also cost the Pacers Paul George?

The Hornets are not open to taking back large long-term contracts so a sign-and-trade would have to be built around guys on rookie deals.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-tra...medium=twitter

Wow. What a load of horse manure. That's why he's been at almost all of our rookie workouts. Because he wants to learn about them for Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Says the guy with the Eric Gordon avatar
    Did my comment say anything about me not wanting or liking Gordon? Your comment makes no sense. I simply stated that out of frustration of hearing different rumors about him not wanting to be hear, If he doesnt want to be here trade him. I dont see how you can read my comment, and still post something as stupid as this.

Two reasons this isn't happening:

1) They've stated they don't like going after other teams restricted free agents

2) They can't sign Hibbert as long as they are waiting on the Hornets to match an offer to Gordon if extended. They wouldn't be stupid enough to lose Hibbert trying to get Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Can't wait for the day we sign him to that damn deal..this is getting annoying, really

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    That's pretty good lol

You know, call me insane, but if we got Paul George and a 1st rounder... Maybe Darren Collison.. I would do that trade. Paul George is gonna be good.

Seems a bit outrageous on that note, but we definitely have the leverage in this situation... Make 'em bleed for it.

Hoops world= Bleacherreport

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    You know, call me insane, but if we got Paul George and a 1st rounder...
    I'd go for that.

I hope pacers fans are realizing they are unintentionally making their hometown hero look like a ginormous dbag. These rumors need to stop pacers fans. Not helping his reputation at all

Are You kidding... in a heart beat.... I wonder if we could trade Eric Gordon to the wizards for beal
    Hornets fan since day 1.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    No matter how "sizable" the offer is we can match it. And beat it.

This is getting silly.

Humor is reason gone mad Savagetaint's Avatar
    Based on his injury history and contract demands, I would probably trade Gordon for George straight up. That would give the Hornets a 6'8" SG in George, a 6'9" SF in Aminu, & a 6'11" PF in Davis that are all young, long, & athletic. Though, they would definitely need a creator at PG as they would struggle to get their own shots.
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

This is just a ploy by hs agent to get the Pacers or whatever team to offer the max, just so hs client can get the most money that he can get.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Hoops world= Bleacherreport
    HW = bloggers turned journalists, basically Joe in another few years, Bleacherrepot = message board idiots unleashed on the Internet. Basically some of us now.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    HW = bloggers turned journalists, basically Joe in another few years, Bleacherrepot = message board idiots unleashed on the Internet. Basically some of us now.
    Wait my message board post don't go to the Internet? No respect.

Thread Information