Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    You constantly seem to forget that the Sacramento Kings own the Royals name.

The Kansas City Royals name was from the American Royal livestock and annual rodeo held in KC since 1899. It's also a tribute to the Kansas City Monarchs of the Negro Leagues. Obviously you rather talk out of your butt instead of just using the facts. It's a constant theme of your posts.
    From my original post: "lIf there was a way to pry it from Sacremento, I would love to have that name. It's a name with significance and class"

You constantly forget to read my entire posts.

So Kansas City is named after a livestock rodeo. Our whole city and state's culture (name, symbol, food, traditions) are based on royalty. Way to find the google button on your intranet machine loser.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    hey Jason! after reviewing some of the "logic" I am hearing here lately about nicknames, I think I might be on to something.....I am sure that most of us recognize that the vast majority of Hindu's consider the bovine to be extremely, extremely sacred (certainly to the chagrin of WhoDatChristian)....and taking into account that there is a rather common term, in this country, that is usually used in reference to a young male (and depending on context etc., many find very, very offensive in respect to their heritage)....I just don't see any way a person, of any Faith, could even possibly consider naming a professional sports franchise the Cowboys!

Holy Cow! This is udderly mooooving!

Some will hold to their sacred cows, but we can rustle up some support from the frontier. We've been grazing on names for a while, and it's not a wide open field now, but maybe we can horn our way in. This is not our first rodeo, and we are used to bucking the trend. That isn't bull. We can milk this with t-shirts, chaps. Golden calf on a field of green, lassoed for the logo.

Don't follow the herd! Chase it! Go cowboys!

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    If you have to write an essay on how the name fits than it doesn't fit.
    If you would've paid attention in Louisiana History, or maybe thought about it, I wouldn't have had to write the essay.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    From my original post: "lIf there was a way to pry it from Sacremento, I would love to have that name. It's a name with significance and class"

You constantly forget to read my entire posts.

So Kansas City is named after a livestock rodeo. Our whole city and state's culture (name, symbol, food, traditions) are based on royalty. Way to find the google button on your intranet machine loser.
    LOL, resorting to name calling after repeatedly getting owned. The team has the same chance of being called the Royals as the Jazz. Get over it.

Besides, the Royals history in KC triumphs anything that it would mean to NOLA. George Brett says it all.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

If you would've paid attention in Louisiana History, or maybe thought about it, I wouldn't have had to write the essay.
    LOL having to write an essay on a basketball forum just to promote a name.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Voodoo is stupid? That's ur opinion. But the majority feels otherwise.

But how is his suggestion worthy when the name is owned by another team? Not knowing that could be considered.........
    That's funny, because Voodoo happens to be owned by another team: and it's actually in use at the moment. In fact, you may be familiar with the building they play in. The one over there on Girod. If they can win 3 of the next 4 they will actually be in the playoffs too.

That's funny, because Voodoo happens to be owned by another team: and it's actually in use at the moment. In fact, you may be familiar with the building they play in. The one over there on Girod. If they can win 3 of the next 4 they will actually be in the playoffs too.
    You mean the same league that is about to have a lockout and could fold anytime soon.

But yeah, I've always said the VooDoo isn't available right now.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Holy Cow! This is udderly mooooving!

Some will hold to their sacred cows, but we can rustle up some support from the frontier. We've been grazing on names for a while, and it's not a wide open field now, but maybe we can horn our way in. This is not our first rodeo, and we are used to bucking the trend. That isn't bull. We can milk this with t-shirts, chaps. Golden calf on a field of green, lassoed for the logo.

Don't follow the herd! Chase it! Go cowboys!
    I just don't get it....you and I try to be serious about this whole thing and all others want to do is talk about history and essays....sheesh...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I just don't get it....you and I try to be serious about this whole thing and all others want to do is talk about history and essays....sheesh...
    I have seeen the liight. FacTs... are overrated. What riiings true is conVICtion. ConVICtion. What we need is a name that isn't tied to history, facts, or reality. Even language. We will have HO-LY NAA-MAH! A name with no SOUND-SA! It will BEEEEE:

The feeling you get when you park right by the door, it's free, and the AC in the car extra cold.

My point is the name shouldn't be subtle. This city needs a name that is says NOLA the second you hear it.

My point is the name shouldn't be subtle. This city needs a name that is says NOLA the second you hear it.
    Good point.

...we get to go McDonalds

Krewe of New Orleans

Done

or New Orleans Broilers -- in reference to Bud's Broiler. Get that #4 with sauce, no onions.

I don't disagree with you in the least, but I would go as far as suggesting that this would be an NBA first...its a really good thing that all current franchises keep their location directly in front of their nicknames....

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind it as it would be unique.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    I wouldn't mind it as it would be unique.
    agreed.....as unique as the city itself...

Of course, it's not Voodoo...

The Artist    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by ATR22 View Post
    Pilots is better than Navigators. That is way too many syllables. Dub I'd love to see the pilots concept..the sketch looked interesting. Also think it should be one you consider for your presentation.

I still believe the name will end up Angels if it is indeed changed. It wouldn't surprise me if they went with black and gold. I'm not a huge fan of that Idea but if they do I think they should take a page out of purdue's uni book.

The pilot sketch/concept could be cool in B&G and we could make the logo huge at mid court similar to purdue's train.

Attachment 3972

Dub, I'd like to hear your thoughts/see your ideas, positive or negative.
    I'm not a fan of making the team's colors black and gold because those belong to the Saints. Benson owning both franchises would make that scheme seem like the most obvious choice compounded with the fact that no other NBA team currently utilizes them.

Regardless of it being two separate leagues, many will see it as our NBA team piggy-backing off of their NFL counterparts. I just think that there is still enough uniqueness in this city that we can derive our colors from a broader palette.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    I'm not a fan of making the team's colors black and gold because those belong to the Saints. Benson owning both franchises would make that scheme seem like the most obvious choice compounded with the fact that no other NBA team currently utilizes them.

Regardless of it being two separate leagues, many will see it as our NBA team piggy-backing off of their NFL counterparts. I just think that there is still enough uniqueness in this city that we can derive our colors from a broader palette.
    I'm with you honestly I would prefer we didn't go Black and Gold. I would love a navy a gold...Kinda like UCLA alternates. I think pilots would look really nice in blue and gold. I am a big fan of Purdue's over sized art at mid court though and thought your sketch would look nice in that style.

I'm sure Mavericks fans were really upset that their team was "piggy-backing" the cowboys by changing their colors to Blue and silver. My point being it is a silly reservation to have. Black and Gold is a great color scheme.

The Artist    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I'm sure Mavericks fans were really upset that their team was "piggy-backing" the cowboys by changing their colors to Blue and silver. My point being it is a silly reservation to have. Black and Gold is a great color scheme.
    Say what you want, it's just how I feel about it. I agree that black and gold is a great color scheme. I bleed black and gold for my Saints and if so be it our NBA team chooses to wear the same, then I will do the same for them. Frankly I could give two f***'s about how upset a Maverick fan might have been because of their palette change.

They had a nice color scheme from their inception and I'm pretty sure that neither the Celtics or Bucks got upset by them "piggy-backing" off of them by wearing green. Come to think of it, the Jazz should have been pretty pissed as well because they went into Utah wearing green road's for their first three years. Who are these 'Mavericks' to come in and steal their color?

Let's go a bit further and throw the Timberwolves into that mix seeing as they're initial color scheme was closer to the Mav's than any of the other three. Aside from the Celtics adding a green/black alternate a few years ago, each one of these teams have undergone no less than three uniform/color changes since their inception.

Maybe it's time for the Mav's to get mad at the Timberwolves again seeing as they have dropped green from their uniforms and instead opted for silver! OMFG!!!!! THEY'RE WEARING THE SAME COLORS!!!!

New Orleans Pink
    New Orleans Brown
    New Orleans Orange
    New Orleans Mustard
    New Orleans Cayenne
    New Orleans Violet
    New Orleans Lavender
    New Orleans Azure
    New Orleans Forrest Green
    New Orleans Neon Green
    New Orleans Neon Yellow
    New Orleans Cherry Red
    New Orleans Silver
    New Orleans Gold
    New Orleans Roja
    New Orleans Azul
    New Orleans White
    New Orleans Kelly Green
    New Orleans Zebras!!! "Waiting till the summer's gone"

You sir, are a wise man!

New Orleans Krewe, with purple/gold and a hint of green

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    New Orleans Krewe, with purple/gold and a hint of green
    I don't want it like the Lakers
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

June 17: New Orleans Miracles
    June 16: New Orleans Guardians
    June 15: Big Easy Big Shots
    June 14: New Orleans Frenchmen
    June 13: New Orleans Marquis
    June 12: Louisiana Boucherie