Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hornets defenders ON BALL stats

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    What would be neat is to see how each of these players caused a difference in their opponents offensive stats. Like yeah, Marco gives up .9 PP (or whatever it was), but is that more or less than the average of the opponent he is guarding?
    It's not really what you asked for, but points per play, Marco scored a 0.96 and allowed a 0.83.

26% of Marco's offense came off screens, and 25% of his offense came on spot ups.

But then you have a guy like EJ, 33% of his offense came off the pick and roll, 16% iso, and 16% transition. He scored a point per play.

^ That is pretty interesting stuff. I love stats. :3 If only I loved them enough to spend all my free time analyzing and trying to find a good balance between rate and volume stats to give a good analysis of each of our players. Damn that lack of a drive on my part. lol

SO... Lance Thomas is the best on ball defender in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    SO... Lance Thomas is the best on ball defender in the league?
    Keep in mind that these stats are heavily influenced by who you guard. Lance usually went against the backups and the backups of backups. His on-ball defense should rate well in that scenario.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Keep in mind that these stats are heavily influenced by who you guard. Lance usually went against the backups and the backups of backups. His on-ball defense should rate well in that scenario.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    Yea I know, I'm not a huge believer in stats though, because most stats would indicate the the spurs don't have elite players yet they are one of the best teams in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Yea I know, I'm not a huge believer in stats though, because most stats would indicate the the spurs don't have elite players yet they are one of the best teams in the NBA
    I would put Parker and Ginobli up there. However, they don't play enough minutes to put up a lot of counting numbers. Duncan is a fringe elite player at this point in his career. Better than any big the Hornets have, but not quite up to that elite level because he is not able to maintain his efficiency in high amounts of minutes at his age.

Thread Information