Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: O-Fish PS3 NBA 2k12 League Information Need votes from playersrra

All Star i believe. Thats what I play against and it was pulling it's same antics.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    That's cool. I'm hoping we keep this as "realistic" as we can. Like you said and not trading scrubs for superstars. I haven't seen you guys trade but kobe is one of the best players in the game. I would be against a kobe trade if you were not giving up equal talent. IMO, Kobe for Blake Griffin and Alec Burks is not equal talent swap. Close but not quite. Like I said , I don't know what trade you guys agreed to, just going on what you guys discussed on the board earlier. Maybe I'm in the minority about that trade though.

But I also understand you got screwed out of your first couple picks in the draft.
    I'm happy with it. Burks will be a starter, and probably develop to around 80, Blake will be a 90 by next season, and he's only 22, and I'm saving a ton of cap by trading Kobe (33 years old, 22 million contract paying till 2017-18) and Childress. I also am getting a 1st out of it.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

I think wwe both benefit greatly from it, but then again i'm one of the teams in it so of course I do.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    I didn't mean to type "Hoe" obviously. LOL. But at least it was the good type. For some reason my computer wouldn't let me edit it. I tried. I can't "reply with a quote" either. Oh well, I didn't mean it that way. The trade you guys agreed to isn't bad now that I see what you guys finally agreed too. Like I said I was only going off of what you guys mentioned here in the forum which was Griffin & Burks for Kobe. But the final deal works for both. I just want it to be a fair league and wasn't sure if commish could just approve trades with his power. Since he was involved in the trade I didn't think it would be fair to everyone else to push through the trade I thought you guys had agreed to at first.
    I'm prolly looking way to much into a video game association, but I think they are fun when done right. Just didn't want this to start the wrong way off the bat.
    I like the separate thread idea also for our teams so we can see everyone's roster's and ideas for their franchise offline. Good Stuff!

I'm high into integrity and want to be completely transparent in any moves made. If both teams have a solid reason for doing what they do, it's their franchise. I just dont want to see people being taken advantage of like in the other draft. That being said, if I could do this alll over again, I think I would set the league pace slower. I thought I had it at normal, not fast.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 05-15-2012 at 02:47 PM.

"Interesting read here : http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...50309123627267"

This was a great read. I must have missed that insight. Learned a couple things. Glad to see the commissioner can kick users out if he needs too.

A day late, the trade is in arbitration. Don't really like the mechanic of this at all.

First off, glad to see the rather high traffic that's been consistently flowing through this thread throughout this whole set-up, great jobs guys. And I see the first deal went through, honestly..I was against it, but if both parties have valid reasons..who am I to protest? Ballsohard, I love your enthusiasm, I'd like to match it if I can. I'd also love to take this association "a bit more serious" than just a video game and make each and every move count. I'd like to run my Hornets like the real life Spurs...lol. Another thing, I plan on reading that article that some of you say is an interesting piece, whatever can be done to make this league legit and fun for all -- I'm all for it. And one last thing, can someone please tell me how the Magic, with their roster (no offense PrepP, lol), beat my Hornets team, after the computer simulated our game? I lost 73-87....0_0

P.S., how long do we have to wait until a FA signs? I sent offer sheets to a few guys right after the draft and we've had a few advances and none have signed yet..what gives? Maybe they're still looking over offers...?
    Last edited by WhereisWaldo; 05-15-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereisWaldo View Post
    First off, glad to see the rather high traffic that's been consistently flowing through this thread throughout this whole set-up, great jobs guys. And I see the first deal went through, honestly..I was against it, but if both parties have valid reasons..who am I to protest? Ballsohard, I love your enthusiasm, I'd like to match it if I can. I'd also love to take this association "a bit more serious" than just a video game and make each and every move count. I'd like to run my Hornets like the real life Spurs...lol. Another thing, I plan on reading that article that some of you say is an interesting piece, whatever can be done to make this league legit and fun for all -- I'm all for it. And one last thing, can someone please tell me how the Magic, with their roster (no offense PrepP, lol), beat my Hornets team, after the computer simulated our game? I lost 73-87....0_0

P.S., how long do we have to wait until a FA signs? I sent offer sheets to a few guys right after the draft and we've had a few advances and none have signed yet..what gives? Maybe they're still looking over offers...?
    Wow. I haven't even noticed that Waldo. I just logged in a minute ago. Been at work all day. Glad I got a win though. I got a pretty solid all around team. My team ranking is 10-10-10. Glad we got some people that will actually play and take things seriously. That will make it much better. Not sure about the FA signings. I think it takes a few days for them to decide if they will sign.

Also, I'm willing to trade any player on my team for the right player. Even if its just role players. Let me know if anyone is interested in anyone on my roster. Ill post it in the other thread soon.

Washington owner, I would like to speak to you about a possible deal.

Who was the clippers owner that left the league?

Who was the clippers owner that left the league?
    CP34MVP.

And I see you're in a fight against the C's..haha.

hmmm not letting me get online

Quote Originally Posted by c_prej View Post
    hmmm not letting me get online
    Keep trying..the 2k servers are a...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereisWaldo View Post
    CP34MVP.

And I see you're in a fight against the C's..haha.
    I was until i got kicked off AGAIN!

I was until i got kicked off AGAIN!
    Sucks.

I think we will establish a very good set of rules during year one. And after that, the league will be much more refined.

What does everyone think about annnouncing trades here listing reasons for the trade and if they have a strong objection then they do not pass.. If they do, no vetoing. I'm going to be honest, I don'tt even wwant to playy another game until I know if my trade has passed. 28 games is fairly short and I'd like to play as many as possible knowing my team.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    What does everyone think about annnouncing trades here listing reasons for the trade and if they have a strong objection then they do not pass.. If they do, no vetoing. I'm going to be honest, I don'tt even wwant to playy another game until I know if my trade has passed. 28 games is fairly short and I'd like to play as many as possible knowing my team.
    I was really looking forward to our game..I don't think it's fair if you're available to play; don't play and have our game simmed and say I lose..that sucks...

I can play tomorrow afternoon easy. But it's hard to play when I have a trade accepted by me and someone else and I'm waiting on an answer from computer logic.

And obviously I'll play if our game is up but I thought the arbitration would be much much quicker. Been over a day real time.

jungomer
    the_MUSTASH_ride
    CPrej

any of you fellas online that wanna play

So me and the Bucks owner were just having the best ****ing game I've played against someone yet...I had a Terrence Williams with like 45pts in the 4th quarter with like a little over 2 mins to go and the server drops...I was up like 87-83 or so and our ****ing game gets simmed. I ****ing lose by like 30! And Terrence Williams simmed points are 4pt?!?!?!?!?

2K servers have ****ed me for the LAST GOTDAMN TIME! I ****ing quit!

Rage quit, but I get it. Let us know if you want to come back. Liked your team and enthusasim.

Don't quit Waldo. It does suck. 2K pisses me off more than any other game because of all the BS. But keep in mind it's just a video game. if you lose you can play again. It's a very frustrating game but the same crap is happening to everybody else too man. Happened to me twice last night. Simmed both of my games. So I just turned it off and went to bed. Will play some more tonight.

Why don't we use this thread for discussing trades/general chat/etc and only use the other thread for rosters. That way the other thread stays uncluttered with small talk and can be used like an offline roster management.

Thread Information