Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: HR 2012 NBA Fantasy Draft Picks

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Make your picks here

New Rules
    -12 rounds, snake draft

-24 hour time limit to pick, if you miss you get skipped, and you can pick whenever you get here, if you don't pick before the round ends you will be replaced

-Once you pick, message the person after you that they are OTC

-draft current NBA players, and after the draft all the members of HR will be able to vote in tournament matchups which team goes on

-you can trade picks and players

-feel free to post a picture and/or a short description about your pick

Round 1
    1. CP3forMVP (Kings)- Lebron James
    2. bojangles837 (Warriors)- Kevin Durant
    3. Mr. West- (Pacers)- Dwight Howard
    4. Bee-Fense- (Celtics)- Chris Paul
    5. BeeBall Reasons (Magic)- Dwyane Wade
    6. Whodatman504 (Hornets)- Kevin Love
    7. Perth_Hornets (Jazz)- Kobe Bryant
    8. rbow (Knicks)- Carmelo Anthony
    9. asimoV82 (Spurs)-Andrew Bynum
    10. Kaitos (Grizzlies)-Russell Westbrook
    11. SharlieCheen (Thunder)- Derrick Rose
    12. janjanjanjan3- (Nets)- Blake Griffin
    13. neitzelbaby12- (Wizards)- Dirk Nowitzki
    14. silverfoxx- (Timberwolves)-Eric Gordon
    15. Rubicon (Rockets)-Deron Williams
    16. TheJNR- (Raptors)-Rajon Rondo
    17. Trell- (Cavaliers)- Rudy Gay
    18. AussieNOHfan (Pistons)- Pau Gasol
    19. Pacman Jones (Sonics)- Lamarcus Aldridge
    20. NOH2313- (Bulls)-James Harden
    21. NOH2313 (Bulls) (from hornetstime247)- Chris Bosh
    22. Coughka (Bobcats)- Demarcus Cousins
    23. HornetGuru (Hawks)
    24. nolaslim

Round 2
    25. Hornetstime247(via Trell, via nolaslim)
    26. HornetGuru
    27. Coughka
    28. Hornetstime247
    29. hornetstime247 (via NOH)
    30. Pacman Jones
    31. AussieNOHFan
    32. nolaslim (via Trell)
    33. TheJNR
    34. Rubicon
    35. Silverfoxx
    36. neitzelbaby12
    37. janjanjanjan3
    38. SharlieCheen
    39. Kaitos
    40. asimoV82
    41. rbow
    42. Perth_Hornets
    43. Whodatman504
    44. BeeBall Reasons
    45. Bee-Fense
    46. Mr. West
    47. bojangles837
    48. CP3forMVP

Round 3
    49. CP3forMVP
    50. bojangles837
    51. Mr. West
    52. Bee-Fense
    53. BeeBall Reasons
    54. whodatman504
    55. Perth_Hornets
    56. rbow.
    57. asimoV82
    58. Kaitos
    59. SharlieCheen
    60. janjanjanjan3
    61. neitzelbaby12
    62. Silverfoxx
    63. Rubicon
    64. TheJNR
    65. nolaslim (from Trell)
    66. AussieNOHFan
    67. Pacman Jones
    68. Trell (via hornetstime, via NOH)
    69. Trell (via hornetstime)
    70. Coughka
    71. HornetGuru
    72. nolaslim

Round 4
    73. nolaslim
    74. HornetGuru
    75. Coughka
    76. Hornetstime247
    77. NOH2313
    78. Pacman Jones
    79. AussieNOHFan
    80. Trell
    81. TheJNR
    82. Rubicon
    83. Silverfoxx
    84. neitzelbaby12
    85. janjanjanjan3
    86. SharlieCheen
    87. Kaitos
    88. asimoV82
    89. rbow
    90. Perth_Hornets
    91. Whodatman504
    92. BeeBall Reasons
    93. Bee-Fense
    94. Mr. West
    95. bojangles837
    96. CP3forMVP

Round 5
    97. CP3forMVP
    98. bojangles837
    99. Mr. West
    100. Bee-Fense
    101. BeeBall Reasons
    102. whodatman504
    103. Perth_Hornets
    104. rbow.
    105. asimoV82
    106. Kaitos
    107. SharlieCheen
    108. janjanjanjan3
    109. neitzelbaby12
    110. Silverfoxx
    111. Rubicon
    112. TheJNR
    113. nolaslim (from Trell)
    114. AussieNOHFan
    115. Pacman Jones
    116. NOH2313
    117. NOH2313 (via hornetstime)
    118. Coughka
    119. HornetGuru
    120. Trell (from nolaslim)
    Not to be a pain but i suppose to gt 2 3 rounders from
    Hornets247 this is the trade. Trell get(CAVS
    2 3rd rounders

Hornettime247 receives

Waiting for the approval.
    As i said im not mad at all.
    But thanks for the league bro, im really enjoying myself until lottery night!
    Your inbox was full!

You did get both 3rd rounders according to the chart

oh crap im on the clock, sorry didnt get a PM, gimme a mintue thanks

before i make my pick can someone tell me if we plan on after this is over also drafting the first round of this years draft class, also if this is just for THIS year or this will be a continued franchise type of deal because then i will take into account age

oh yea I made everyone's name in the 1st round a link to their inbox so you can message them easier

Trell you did get both 3rds, and i'll clear my inbox in a sec

i'm also looking to land another 2nd round pick, so if anyone wants my 1st rounder, or wants to give up their 2nd rounder for additional picks, message me! Thank you

like I said to nolaslim in a PM:

the general opinion is that Westbrook>Gay, and he took a pick 2 rounds lower. Then he traded Gay for a bunch of picks, when he could've traded Westbrook for more, I'm sorry bro there is 0 logic in that, he might as well have 3 accounts.

I wanted this to be a who can draft the best team competition, not who can rip off Kaitos first
    This is complete BS, and I resent that. I would never rip someone off. Kaitos told me he wanted middle-round picks, so that's what I offered. He is a grown *** man who can make his own decisions, and just because you don't think it's a good trade doesn't mean that it is a bad one. Real GMs in real life make bad trades all the time. Everyone is a grown adult here, and they should be able to make their own decisions.

I need to know what is going on because I am in limbo with 2 different deals as of right now. A little more organization would be appreciated.

Everyone other than you and Trell, who benefited from his trades, seems to think so, go back and read the posts. You pretty much got 1st for a 3rd

He can build his team like that if he wants but dont make trades so lopsided it makes it unfair to everyone else in the draft, I guarantee he can much better value for what he gave up

Everyone other than you and Trell, who benefited from his trades, seems to think so, go back and read the posts. You pretty much got 1st for a 3rd

He can build his team like that if he wants but dont make trades so lopsided it makes it unfair to everyone else in the draft, I guarantee he can much better value for what he gave up
    Seems like the only person still complaining is you. Everyone else accepted it and moved on, until you brought it up again. We are grown men here, and we can make our own decisions. And I already told you, Rudy Gay is a 2nd round talent. I traded a 3rd, a 6th, and an 8th, which close to a 2nd round value - and that is what he wanted anyway (middle round picks). Who are you to tell him that his strategy sucks?

Also, you never said anything about the commissioner having to sign off on all trades. Why are you stepping in now?

It is all supposed to be a game, and wheeling and dealing is part of that. If we were just making straight up picks with no trades, then this stuff would be boring. Strategy comes into play, and people have different strategies. Who are you to decide who's strategy is best? You are taking the fun out of this, and that is all I'm saying on the matter.

I'm complaining, I tried to be civil with you, you said his first two trades were terrible yourself. Rbow is right 100% and you would have agreed if it weren't for your trade

everyone already said what they had to, sorry I wasnt on to complain with them at the same time?

Cuz it gives you an unfair advantage which could screw over everyone else in the league, which makes it unfair and less fun. I'm just trying to do whats fair for the league

I just told u why his strategy is complete ****. If he had any clue what he was doing he would've tried to get more for Westbrook

Sorry for not anticipating someone to have that bad of a strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I'm complaining, I tried to be civil with you, you said his first two trades were terrible yourself. Rbow is right 100% and you would have agreed if it weren't for your trade
    You stopped complaining earlier. Now you started up again. But really, it is only you and rbow. Stop crying dude. Maybe you should be PMing more people and trying to get better picks like I was doing.

As I said above, half of this battle is wheeling and dealing. I pick at the very end of the draft, and I didn't complain once about it. In fact, I accepted it as a challenge, so I started talking with people about moving around. If I didn't seek out trades, I would automatically have the worst team in this game. How are you going to tell me that all the work I put into trying to improve my roster is moot because you think the trade was bad? That's messed up.

Kaitos is a grown man, and he can make his own decisions. Stop *****ing and moaning. Start checking around for trades, and try to improve your own team.

is this for this year or will it be a continued franchise? thanks, basing my pick off of this, also if anyone wants my pick lemme know

everyone already said what they had to, sorry I wasnt on to complain with them at the same time?

Cuz it gives you an unfair advantage which could screw over everyone else in the league, which makes it unfair and less fun. I'm just trying to do whats fair for the league

I just told u why his strategy is complete ****. If he had any clue what he was doing he would've tried to get more for Westbrook

Sorry for not anticipating someone to have that bad of a strategy
    This is Grade A BS. These 2 posters said it best:

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    hey lets just play the game, worry about our own teams, if you see someone got a trade that you wouldve wanted, then its your fault because you didnt ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Not a huge fan of the trades either, but I'm confident i my team. Lets go Pacers!
    You and BeeBall Reasons are acting like a couple of punks who are upset because you guys chose not to check around for good trade opportunities. Be a man. Stop crying. Complete the deals, since you are the commissioner, and let's move on from this.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    is this for this year or will it be a continued franchise? thanks, basing my pick off of this, also if anyone wants my pick lemme know
    Just this year according to rbow, but he keeps changing the rules, so I don't know anymore.

the fact that Kaitos traded the 15th pick and the 58th pick for the 17th and the 120th proves that he has no idea what he is doing. PERIOD. There is no way around that fact. I stopped complaining because no one was backing me so i gave up. If rbow wanted to he could have given himself the 1st pick but no, he and i are both more interested in fairness then ourselves. Can you say the same?

and no one has been so stingy and complaining about rules other than you, I thought this would just be a relaxed thing with no complaining, and if any problems came up I would just ask everyone's opinion, and the majority hates kaitos' trades

I am considering letting it go, BUT I would assign a co-GM to kaitos to help him make these decisions from now on

the fact that Kaitos traded the 15th pick and the 58th pick for the 17th and the 120th proves that he has no idea what he is doing. PERIOD. There is no way around that fact. I stopped complaining because no one was backing me so i gave up. If rbow wanted to he could have given himself the 1st pick but no, he and i are both more interested in fairness then ourselves. Can you say the same?
    Rudy Gay shouldn't have been picked 15th anyway - that is why the original guy who picked him traded him to Kaitos. Then Kaitos didn't want him anymore, so I took him at a reduced rate. Nothing wrong with that. He is a mid-second round pick, and that is the value that I exchanged with him.

and no one has been so stingy and complaining about rules other than you, I thought this would just be a relaxed thing with no complaining, and if any problems came up I would just ask everyone's opinion, and the majority hates kaitos' trades

I am considering letting it go, BUT I would assign a co-GM to kaitos to help him make these decisions from now on
    If that is the way you want to play it, then fine. I was hoping to have fun with this too, and I was having a lot of fun before all of this mess happened. Now, I can't even make my pick next because I agreed on a trade with SharlieCheen that hasn't even been ruled on yet.

If you want me to drop, I will. Just let me know. But I would never take advantage of someone, especially not to win some silly game. I got that trade because I love doing this kind of stuff - wheeling and dealing. Why do you think I am always messing with the trademachine? Love it. This was fun for me. Now it is turning viral.

Westbrook was the 15th pick Gay was the 17th

Westbrook was the 15th pick Gay was the 17th
    Same thing. And it seems like you guys are more upset with Trell and Kaitos' deal than mine and Kaitos' deal. Talk to them about it, not me. All I know is that I traded for Rudy Gay fair and square.

Well I mean if I let it go then the rest of the league might come calling for my head so its not that easy of a decision

Its not just your trade but what about the one where he traded the better player and the MUCH better pick.

Personally for me it was definitely unfair, but I'm confident I can still win and I could live with it

Well I mean if I let it go then the rest of the league might come calling for my head so its not that easy of a decision

Its not just your trade but what about the one where he traded the better player and the MUCH better pick.

Personally for me it was definitely unfair, but I'm confident I can still win and I could live with it
    The rest of the league was okay with it, except for BeeBall Reasons. 1 guy out of 24.

I understand your predicament, but all you can do now is install new rules for the rest of the rounds. What's done is done. Let's just move forward.

Also, that last sentence seems to echo what the majority of the posters in this game think, so it seems like an easy decision to move forward.

Shouldn't have allowed trading. What a mess.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    lol, no surprise nolaslim is part of a lopsided trade. (referring to the infamous trade proposals that have been posted)

I don't get the Rose trade.. That's the one that stands out to me. Is a 4th rounder really enough to get Rose instead of getting whoever is left at the end of the 1st round?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Also, I think both traders should have to message rbow before being 100% completed. He can then say if the trade is good for approval.

Thread Information