Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Article about possible Ariza departure...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Or you could just draft two frontcourt players since we don't have a long-term answer at either center or PF. Same with SF as well and PG. But seems to make more sense to fortify the frontcourt.
    I'm all about that... if we don't get Barnes, then I definitely want two post players.

I'm just wondering if T-Rob will pair up well with Zeller or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    If you are basing it off of shooting alone lets talk about more realistic options, like Barnes.

BTW, Batum has no offensive game inside the arc.
    I think we do need more shooters, but I still wouldn't draft Barnes with our 1st pick unless it dropped somehow to 7 or 8, mainly because I like the frontcourt players better and I like MKG better long-term.

Batum doesn't have much game besides his shooting, but he still shoots around 50% from two-point range. And he's a proven NBA 3-point shooter. He's developed a quick shooting stroke as well. Very nice proven NBA player and he's only 22.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    I'm all about that... if we don't get Barnes, then I definitely want two post players.

I'm just wondering if T-Rob will pair up well with Zeller or not.
    I think they could, but I just don't like Zeller that high. Not a fan of his. I like his brother much better, but he's not going up. Preferably I like Leonard a little better.

I think they could, but I just don't like Zeller that high. Not a fan of his. I like his brother much better, but he's not going up. Preferably I like Leonard a little better.
    I just prefer Zeller b/c of his offensive capabilities... especially if we do what you are insisting and amnesty Ariza and keep Mek. But yes, I'd have preferred Cody as well, but now that's just a dead horse. I'd take Zeller at 10 unless we are planning on Kaman coming back, then we go PG and try to move Jack.

I just can't wait to see your head spin if we end up with both Barnes AND Zeller... WOW.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I think we do need more shooters, but I still wouldn't draft Barnes with our 1st pick unless it dropped somehow to 7 or 8, mainly because I like the frontcourt players better and I like MKG better long-term.

Batum doesn't have much game besides his shooting, but he still shoots around 50% from two-point range. And he's a proven NBA 3-point shooter. He's developed a quick shooting stroke as well. Very nice proven NBA player and he's only 22.
    He's shooting close to 50% because he's shooting 64% at the rim, which is expected.

It doesn't change the fact that he's shooting 22% from in the paint and 31% from midrange.

Again, if we want to add more shooters do it smartly. Paying Batum big bucks just because he can shoot from deep isn't wise. It's really the only thing he does.

I just prefer Zeller b/c of his offensive capabilities... especially if we do what you are insisting and amnesty Ariza and keep Mek. But yes, I'd have preferred Cody as well, but now that's just a dead horse. I'd take Zeller at 10 unless we are planning on Kaman coming back, then we go PG and try to move Jack.

I just can't wait to see your head spin if we end up with both Barnes AND Zeller... WOW.
    I wouldn't be thrilled or excited, but I would live with it. It would be disappointing. I would definitely amnesty Ariza. We would still need a PF long-term as well.

I would prefer Drummond/Davis and Sully/T-Rob. That's just my preference. I want a defensive center and a scoring PF to surround Gordon. Its not too hard finding a SF who can shoot. We don't need a big time scorer next to Gordon. We need someone who can spread the floor and create some room for Gordon. Also, I don't value PGs too much, especially if we have a dynamic PG so I wouldn't focus on PG in the draft.

Drummond just scares me. However, in recent days, I've been souring on T-Rob and reading all the explanations for Drummond's poor year... D12 wasn't exactly great his first two years in the league, mind you. If it were any other team but us, as in, not having all relocation threats, trading a megastar, etc... I wouldn't mind taking him one bit.

But our need to win now/recapture the fan base makes me push for someone else like Barnes/Sully, etc...

Drummond just scares me. However, in recent days, I've been souring on T-Rob and reading all the explanations for Drummond's poor year... D12 wasn't exactly great his first two years in the league, mind you. If it were any other team but us, as in, not having all relocation threats, trading a megastar, etc... I wouldn't mind taking him one bit.

But our need to win now/recapture the fan base makes me push for someone else like Barnes/Sully, etc...
    I think we will make the playoffs next year regardless of who we pick in the draft. This current roster is a playoff team with Monty at the helm, so adding guys like Drummond, Barnes, Sullinger, Lillard, etc... that is just going to make us go deeper in the playoffs. That said, I think we can take a chance on a guy like Drummond or Barnes, guy who both have great potential, but may need a little time to reach their potential. But, hey, if Drummond and Barnes ever do reach their potential, they will be All Stars for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I think we will make the playoffs next year regardless of who we pick in the draft. This current roster is a playoff team with Monty at the helm, so adding guys like Drummond, Barnes, Sullinger, Lillard, etc... that is just going to make us go deeper in the playoffs. That said, I think we can take a chance on a guy like Drummond or Barnes, guy who both have great potential, but may need a little time to reach their potential. But, hey, if Drummond and Barnes ever do reach their potential, they will be All Stars for sure.
    Yea, I think especially with a good offseaoson and a healthy year, we could certainly be a playoff team, regardless of who we pick in the draft. How far we make it, and if we're able to take that next step is a different story. That depends on how well we draft, and we won't truly know that for a few years.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Thread Information