Pelicans Report

Thread: N/H:Thank God we aren't Magic fans:

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar

N/H:Thank God we aren't Magic fans:

From Rotoworld:

Dwight Howard - C - Magic
    -Dwight Howard will ask for a trade out of Orlando this summer, according to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.
    -As with all "reports" from Stephen A. Smith, this one comes with a big grain of salt. That said, the relationship between Howard, Stan Van Gundy and the Magic appears to have run its course. In order to avoid another season of drama leading up to the trade deadline, a deal this summer would make some sense.
    Source: ESPN.com Apr 23 - 12:24 PM

As bad as Howard looks in all of this, I think the Magic actually look worse. It's been obvious he was leaving for over a year now, and they should of taken any deal that included Bynum (if offered) and ran with it. They'll probably land Lopez and G Wall with 2 crappy 1sts attached. They have to get a better offer from somebody than that POS. That's terrible value for Howard. It's really amazing the trade Demps (or Stern) pulled off for CP considering it was pretty much the same situation.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I've said it before, but I think a reason Howard stuck around was because he would receive a very large "award" from his shoe sponsor (I think it's his shoe sponsor) for the Magic making the playoffs. Now does he still get that? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I've said it before, but I think a reason Howard stuck around was because he would receive a very large "award" from his shoe sponsor (I think it's his shoe sponsor) for the Magic making the playoffs. Now does he still get that? I don't know.
    Interesting, I haven't heard that.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Here you go:

The Magic forced a resolution by calling Howard on his season-long signals of yearning to make his future home with the Nets by threatening to send him there right away…and letting him watch the playoffs from home. Moving up to New Jersey would move Howard down nine spots in the Eastern Conference standings. He would go from four games behind the Miami Heat for the No. 2 seed to 4 ½ games behind the Milwaukee Bucks for the final playoff spot. And a league source said that missing out on the playoffs would cost Howard significant bonuses from his Adidas contract.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...y-to-trade-him

I'm going to shy away from this thread because... well... we all know how I get the the trade machine.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post

Damn good find, that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I'm going to shy away from this thread because... well... we all know how I get the the trade machine.
    Hahaha what did you come up with so far?

Stories like this make me so ridiculously happy that the whole "CP3 wants out!!!" story is over and done with. 18 months of trying to read that guy's mind replaced with a young team with great pieces. I'm happier than Cee Lo Green with a can of 7up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Hahaha what did you come up with so far?
    Don't open up Pandora's box!

Thread Information