Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Center will we go After

Question Which Center will we go After

If we get Anthony Davis we will need a Big with a back to the basket game. Of these Center's who should we go after?

Center
    (name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Andrew Bynum, L.A. Lakers – $14.9 million – Team Option ($16.1 million)
    Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers – $2.6 million – Restricted ($3.7 million Qualifying Offer)
    Brook Lopez, New Jersey Nets – $3.1 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)
    Chris Kaman, New Orleans Hornets – $12.7 million – Unrestricted
    JaVale McGee, Denver Nuggets – $2.5 million – Restricted ($3.5 million Qualifying Offer)
    Marcus Camby, Houston Rockets – $12.9 million – Unrestricted
    Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers – $4.1 million – Unrestricted

Kaman, Hawes, I. Mahinmi (DAL), J. Thompson(SAC)

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Well, I doubt Hibbert and Lopez are going anywhere. I wouldn't want Camby. Not that keen on resigning Kaman depending on what he wants dollar/length wise. Er.... I dunno.

Geez idk. Can we just keep Okafor and draft a center. JSmith can play center sometimes as well.

Depends on who we draft and if we can get rid of Okafor

If we can somehow trade Okafor for expirings, Draft Anthony Davis, then signing Kaman for around 8m is the way to go

Kaman's offense can compliment Davis' Defense
    Last edited by janjanjanjan3; 04-15-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Where's a 20 year old Shaquille O'Neal when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Where's a 20 year old Shaquille O'Neal when you need him?
    No joke. If that's the pool we have to choose from, I'm happy with okafor and Kaman.(if we can get kaman for relatively cheap).

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Spencer Hawes is the only guy up there that I would even want, and he sure as heck isn't ideal.... Okay thats a lie, I would love to have Bynum, but he just isn't realistic.

Sorry, guys, we're going to have to tank another season -- who are the center prospects in the 2013 draft?!?

Sorry, guys, we're going to have to tank another season -- who are the center prospects in the 2013 draft?!?
    Dwight Howard!!!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Think I read somewhere that 2013 is the year of the center. Lots of center prospects there.

I'm not a fan of Lopez.

Rather take my chances on Davis, Drummond, or Meyers Leonard.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Wouldn't mind a look at Hawes.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I'm beginning to think that Drummond will play a very important role in the draft....lets just assume we don't go there and pursue the
    FA route.... I would love to resign Kaman to something much more reasonable and then pickup Hawes on the cheap (ideal scenario for me would be to free up the Okafor money somehow as well).
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Hawes is soft as ****, maybe Lopez, Davis could mask his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Hawes is soft as ****, maybe Lopez, Davis could mask his weaknesses
    I think Lopez is even softer.

at least he can score and he has some upside
    Last edited by speedyG; 04-15-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Hawes, I. Mahinmi (DAL), J. Thompson(SAC), Kaman.....in that order.

i don't think Thompson is a center

Rather take my chances on Drummond and Leonard. Okafor is signed for two more years. Rather use the money on Dragic and Batum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Rather take my chances on Drummond and Leonard. Okafor is signed for two more years. Rather use the money on Dragic and Batum.
    This.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Before we think about signing anybody, we MUST resign Gordon. Ok, we've done that. Now lets look at positions we ABSOLUTELY need: PF, C, maybe PG but not really. PF is really easy to get in the draft, so that is covered. Now we must make a decision on whether we should go after a center in the draft and PG in FA or vice versa. I, personally, think we should go Drummond in the draft and Dragic in FA. This would be huge, if Drummond turns out to be a dominant offensive force.
    1st pick-Andre Drummond
    2nd pick- John Henson
    Based on how we are playing(which I am loving, because we build momentum right into next season) right now, Drummond would fall right into our laps. Can't pass on him. Now we have our soon to be/hopeful offensive frontcourt player, we need a defensive frontcourt player to compliment him i.e. John Henson. Once again the only thing keeping us from playoff contention may be the play of Drummond.

can we convince gordon and anthony davis(wink wink) to sit out for a season lol

Quote Originally Posted by LAShorts View Post
    Before we think about signing anybody, we MUST resign Gordon. Ok, we've done that. Now lets look at positions we ABSOLUTELY need: PF, C, maybe PG but not really. PF is really easy to get in the draft, so that is covered. Now we must make a decision on whether we should go after a center in the draft and PG in FA or vice versa. I, personally, think we should go Drummond in the draft and Dragic in FA. This would be huge, if Drummond turns out to be a dominant offensive force.
    1st pick-Andre Drummond
    2nd pick- John Henson
    Based on how we are playing(which I am loving, because we build momentum right into next season) right now, Drummond would fall right into our laps. Can't pass on him. Now we have our soon to be/hopeful offensive frontcourt player, we need a defensive frontcourt player to compliment him i.e. John Henson. Once again the only thing keeping us from playoff contention may be the play of Drummond.
    Drummond is a defensive force, Sullinger would be a much better fit next to him

Nerlens Noel. He is the number one prospect this year and is going to UK. Perfect name for this franchise if we got him. lol

Last edited by Big-EZ; 04-15-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Thread Information