Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Schnickelfritz1 View Post
    Tebow being in NY now. Someone kill me. It really should just be renamed the Heat, Lakers, Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots station. Colin Cowherd is unbearable and Skip Bayless isn't much better. ESPN is just a joke to me. I'll take the top 10 and PTI
    In my opinion, Scott Van Pelt is the best thing they put out. I could listen to him and Rusillo talk 8 hours a day. The only other thing I love on ESPN is Sports Reporters. Everything else, you have to take it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    In my opinion, Scott Van Pelt is the best thing they put out. I could listen to him and Rusillo talk 8 hours a day. The only other thing I love on ESPN is Sports Reporters. Everything else, you have to take it as it is.
    Edit: Add in Van Pelt, he's great and I like Bill Simmons actually. It really is a sports MTV though. They will break stories not knowing if they're true or not...they lack integrity and disguise it with suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnickelfritz1 View Post
    Edit: Add in Van Pelt, he's great and I like Bill Simmons actually. It really is a sports MTV though. They will break stories not knowing if they're true or not...they lack integrity and disguise it with suits.
    I do remember that they used to be somewhat respectable. When they added "Not Top Ten" i officially gave up on ESPN becoming watchable again (the anchors think they are quirky when in fact they are annoying). Its just this stupid reality tv bull**** that influences them to act like morons. Sports are not supposed to be funny (they fail at trying 99 percent of the time). Having said that: i want more javale mcgee bloopers!!!

I actually think sports are hilarious, and sports humor is my favorite type of humor. I loved when old Sportscenter anchors like Eisen and Patrick made jokes. The new crop just isn't as strong.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DRob8785 View Post
    I really do think that Angels could have all sorts of neat marketing and branding possibilities that would be really unique within the NBA. Yes there is another pro team named "Angels," but they're thousands of miles away, and play in a sport that has minimal overlap of seasons with the NBA and doesn't have any presence in New Orleans.

I had a picture in mind that would be a great "teaser" ad for a "New Orleans Angels/Angels of New Orleans" rebrand. I'm no bigdub, I ripped an old Saints slogan off, and I threw it together in under five minutes, but I think you get the idea.

Attachment 3709
    Nice job. I am digging this new idea. I think you're right about the other pro team thing. There's no overlap and this could be pretty cool.
    Wherehappens.

The Artist    Contributor   
    I think I finally have a uniform design that I like. I want something that other players in the league look at and go "I want to play in that uniform...and know what hot sausage tastes like!"

haha Can we see it? Is it one you've been advised not to share?
    Last edited by ATR22; 05-06-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    I think I finally have a uniform design that I like. I want something that other players in the league look at and go "I want to play in that uniform...and know what hot sausage tastes like!"
    I think that's the image we're trying to avoid...

So something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Just wondering, wasn't ESPN going to have a contest for the best rebrand concept from the submissions they got from fans?

What happened to that?
    From Paul Lukas' blog post today: http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/05/07/auction-action-18/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lukas
    Looking ahead: Tomorrow I’ll have the results of the “Redesign the Hornets” contest.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    ...and know what hot sausage tastes like!"
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Post it man!

haha Can we see it? Is it one you've been advised not to share?
    Pretty much! Think of it along the lines of the Seahawks but without the ugly! I'm just really looking for something design wise thats pushes the envelope just enough that's it's not so over the top. A basketball has minimal space to work with so design wise you have to be aware of how much is too much and so forth.

I think that's the image we're trying to avoid...
    Maybe I chose the wrong phrase but you get my point! But you have to admit that players love to eat our food and actually look forward to it when coming here. Patton's, Bachemin's hot sausage with grits and onions, on a po-boy or bun is like nothing else!

So something like this?
    So when did you hack into my system?

Post it man!
    I wish I could. I think that I might break it into a bunch of puzzle pieces, pm the image to random ppl on HR and see if you all can come up with the final image!

Pretty much! Think of it along the lines of the Seahawks but without the ugly! I'm just really looking for something design wise thats pushes the envelope just enough that's it's not so over the top. A basketball has minimal space to work with so design wise you have to be aware of how much is too much and so forth.
    I'm guessing a modern look? Is it Seahawks colors? Can you atleast tell us the colors?

Banned
    is it for arcangel, i hope so!!!

From Dubs comments I'm thinking

Angels, but with some flash.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    This Cameron guy is really on a roll. Tallboys and Big Shots are awesome names. Way to go, Cameron! Keep it up!
    Is this Cameron guy serious?

The colors are gold, silver and navy. It's a darker blue than what I used in the original logo. I used the same blue but it's two different sheen's on the material to give it contrast. The collar is different from what I have seen in the NBA. I've looked at all the teams and this is a hybrid collar if I had to call it anything. I have a few more tweaks to make here and there. Even if this wasn't my design, I'd still buy one!

The colors are gold, silver and navy. It's a darker blue than what I used in the original logo. I used the same blue but it's two different sheen's on the material to give it contrast. The collar is different from what I have seen in the NBA. I've looked at all the teams and this is a hybrid collar if I had to call it anything. I have a few more tweaks to make here and there. Even if this wasn't my design, I'd still buy one!
    So will you be allowed to share when done.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Uni Watch Site Updated

The ESPN Uni Watch site has updated thier page with user submitted re-designs. Some of them are pretty cool. Nice to see different ideas from other areas.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/05/08/...st/#more-29202

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6551670...775424/detail/

Lol @ Bullfrogs

Quote Originally Posted by JAY92 View Post
    Lol @ Bullfrogs
    I liked, the hurricane, dukes (blue uni), renaissance, and revelers.

The Acadians jersey makes my eyes hurt.

Ha! The last Hurricanes' suggestion has a tornado as the logo.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    We need to be those Bull Frogs. They look awesome

Some of those really looked cool. Bullfrogs, 2 of the Pelicans, and Dukes come to mind. Most, however, were awful.

Links to coolish ones IMO:

BullFrogs

Dukes

Demons

Pelicans

Knights

Most of the others... Don't even bother with.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 05-08-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Thread Information