Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread Part II

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn-et View Post
    He ran for office TWENTY YEARS AGO.
    Some people are really old 'round here. Hell, they'd probably suggest New Orleans Longshoreman sounds too much like Huey Long.

Arcangels......................................... .................................................. .............................................epic

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by ATR22 View Post
    can you elaborate on what you know? I'm assuming not since you didn't, but thought I would ask anyway
    I was asked not to say.

I was not asked not to cackle like I'm on nitrous or evaluate the quality of the names.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Arcangels......................................... .................................................. .............................................epic
    Oh wow, that's another name I haven't heard yet!

I'm from Charlotte, so I've got great interest in this topic.

My opinion most likely won't matter to you but, here are my thoughts.

Pelicans- I think it's awesome and unique. I would love to see the logo and uniforms. From an outsider, I think This is the coolest name.

Dukes- I've seen the mock up from BigDub and it looks fierce, I thinks it's a pretty cool name. For those concerned about David Duke, I'm 35 years old and I've heard the name but, I have no clue who he is or what he did so I would assume most people my age or younger would never draw the comparison.

Krewe- sounds cool but, I can't think of what a logo or mascot would look like.

Bounce- this one interests me. It has a cool basketball sound and also has a music feel as well.

Firebirds- only 1 person said this but, I thought it would be pretty awesome as well.

Anyway good luck, and coming from a Charlotte fan who desperately wants the name Hornets back, I hope u guys get a great new name and logo very soon.

Also, the Nets new mercahndise has been on fire and have sold more Brooklyn gear in 3 days than NJ Nets gear all of last season. I can see New Orleans gear doing the same with a new brand and quickly help pay back the investment to change.

This thread certainly defines "silent majority".

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I was asked not to say.

I was not asked not to cackle like I'm on nitrous or evaluate the quality of the names.
    42 - i now have an image of Ozzy cackling, and then Crazy Train playing.

If it had been me.....

"Oh, yeah, that's pretty bad. Have you considered visiting Hornetsreport to get some ideas? Dukes works on so many levels."

Then whispering "Dukes"

You are off the rails, panic.

And lots of people repeating their favorite ideans or panning others... maybe 100 or so users... really is a good sample of Hornets fans around the city, state, country, and world?

You are off the rails, panic.

And lots of people repeating their favorite ideans or panning others... maybe 100 or so users... really is a good sample of Hornets fans around the city, state, country, and world?
    I am, I'll admit it. The rails are over there, and I'm off of them.

That's why I said "if it was me"

Quote Originally Posted by Jgib23 View Post
    I'm from Charlotte, so I've got great interest in this topic.

My opinion most likely won't matter to you but, here are my thoughts.

Pelicans- I think it's awesome and unique. I would love to see the logo and uniforms. From an outsider, I think This is the coolest name.

Dukes- I've seen the mock up from BigDub and it looks fierce, I thinks it's a pretty cool name. For those concerned about David Duke, I'm 35 years old and I've heard the name but, I have no clue who he is or what he did so I would assume most people my age or younger would never draw the comparison.

Krewe- sounds cool but, I can't think of what a logo or mascot would look like.

Bounce- this one interests me. It has a cool basketball sound and also has a music feel as well.

Firebirds- only 1 person said this but, I thought it would be pretty awesome as well.

Anyway good luck, and coming from a Charlotte fan who desperately wants the name Hornets back, I hope u guys get a great new name and logo very soon.

Also, the Nets new mercahndise has been on fire and have sold more Brooklyn gear in 3 days than NJ Nets gear all of last season. I can see New Orleans gear doing the same with a new brand and quickly help pay back the investment to change.
    Thanks for the names bro, but where did u see Bigdubs mock Duke jersey? i would like to check it out and cant find his stuff anymore
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I think the Dukes jersey was about 200 post ago. But I can't guarantee that.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I was asked not to say.

Are you telling me Tom Benson likes NEONIGHTS?!?!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I was talking about bad names, Unknown Poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Thanks for the names bro, but where did u see Bigdubs mock Duke jersey? i would like to check it out and cant find his stuff anymore

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the shield/logo posted earlier in this thread. I haven't seen the jerseys. ( if they look half as good as the logo, they would be a hit)

What about New Orleans Revolution? For the obvious French connection and also like the revolution of a basketball as it travels. I would love to see what bigdub could do with that.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I just don't like non-plural names, it's so awkward to talk about them in conversations. Would each player be a Revolution? A Rev? "I'm so glad to be a..."
    Wherehappens.

Hall of Famer
    It's still a highly questionable name choice, but guys, can you just imagine the amount of positive press we'd get if we were to find success under the name Hurricanes? Y'know, moving on from not only the negative memories of the Hornets name and the word "hurricane", but also from the pain and suffering from Katrina. The team would then represent the full rebirth of a city, rising above the past and proudly facing the future, unafraid.......

......Of course, that's only if we start winning, although it'd still make an interesting marketing strategy.

Nonplurals and mass nouns make taking about teams cumbersome.

Just saw some corroboration on the horrible names. The data isn't clear on whether the 'locale'horrible part of the name is New Orleans or Louisiana.

I'll keep digging, as will the people actually doing the work.

Nonplurals and mass nouns make taking about teams cumbersome.

Just saw some corroboration on the horrible names. The data isn't clear on whether the 'locale'horrible part of the name is New Orleans or Louisiana.

I'll keep digging, as will the people actually doing the work.
    Interesting.

So we could be looking at the Louisiana ________?

Not a fan of that at all.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    At least give us one of the horrible names!

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2012/...rnets-rebrand/

Angels and Spirit, according to Hornets247.

You believe them? I do, but I'm kinda stupid...

The Franchise
    http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2012/...rnets-rebrand/

Angels and Spirit, according to Hornets247.

You believe them? I do, but I'm kinda stupid...
    Could be worse, could be Arcangels. I could live with Angels I suppose, don't love it though.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I just don't like non-plural names, it's so awkward to talk about them in conversations. Would each player be a Revolution? A Rev? "I'm so glad to be a..."
    A member of a revolution is a rebel.

And a caloeie for Heat? Joule?

Thread Information