Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread Part II

I think it is relevant. Going back to the early days of the relocation battle when this forum was at war with Charlottians and the insults of city versus city were flying around, to sever any connection with Charlotte real or imagined is important.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn-et View Post
    Good point! Let's be the New Orleans Panthers.
    Not even close to the same thing. I mean really? AAA baseball?
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseNoKrewe View Post
    Yes sir. Any notion I may have had of coming around to Knights is gone with the knowledge that it belongs to Charlotte's AAA team. Nothing is as good as Dukes to this point. I can't see Benson hiring a firm to have them come up with Krewe. So I want to believe we're safe from that abomination. Now, if only we knew how to bend this "firms" ear to embrace Dukes???? Mr. Panic Hoops, all props go to you. You may have saved us from a crappy name. Did I mention that Dukes works and I like it?
    A week ago I was torn between the Brass and Pelicans. I too am firmly within the Dukes camp!
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

I can only hope this camp grows quickly. Although the Crawfish has a nice ring to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Not even close to the same thing. I mean really? AAA baseball?
    We deserve better than teal, pinstripes, Hornets, Knights, and any other reference to the "Queen City." We're New Orleans, the greatest city with the most culture in these states united.

The Artist    Contributor   
    im gonna have a crack at whats missing and say a basketball??
    Nice, but no that's not what I see although it would have to be in there somewhere for revelance.

Also wuggie said you were working on a Knights draft, how's it looking?
    It's looking like a Knights concept! (sorry, too good to pass up) But I'm working on it as we speak.

Dub,

any chance we could get a Dukes mock up?
    If I just had a tip jar for every concept that I've been asked to do...I could pay Drew's contract LOL! Nah...I could do one. Why the hell not? It's not like I'm not doing the other one's that's been asked. I would have to do some research for logo's and inspiration and what not!

bigdub81 is da man!

BigDub,

Looking forward to seeing your concepts...especially on the Dukes. I would think there could be some similar elements extracted from Knights?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Nice, but no that's not what I see although it would have to be in there somewhere for revelance.

It's looking like a Knights concept! (sorry, too good to pass up) But I'm working on it as we speak.

If I just had a tip jar for every concept that I've been asked to do...I could pay Drew's contract LOL! Nah...I could do one. Why the hell not? It's not like I'm not doing the other one's that's been asked. I would have to do some research for logo's and inspiration and what not!
    You are the best poster on the forum!

So much to work with... we have a bit of jazz, a bit of Mardi Gras, and a bit of history.

===

Thanks PleasenoKrewe.

I was in the Krewe group at first, but then i thought it was boring. We're the DUKES!!! No one messes with the DUKES!!!

Hall of Famer
    Quick question: What do y'all think of the Gold/Black/Gray/Red color scheme for the Knights? Any better ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Quick question: What do y'all think of the Gold/Black/Gray/Red color scheme for the Knights? Any better ideas?
    i'd drop the gray.

Also go with Dukes

I'm sitting here trying to Google images for "Duke of Orleans" and "French Duke(s)" and all these regal images of men posing just keep popping up. Big wig's, frilly collars, too much fabric...presuming that we would have to stick to the French Duke aspect, it's kind of hard to draw inspiration just from these images. I can't see how a Knights theme would translate into something for Dukes? Mayb I'm just missing it or the fact that the more that I look at these images, I just see a bunch of wealthy, pretty boy's! IDK!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic Hoops View Post
    I'm still pushing for Dukes.

New Orleans Dukes!

Unique

Ties in with our music, Dukes of Dixieland

Mardi Gras, every krewe has Dukes (officers)

Also ties in with our French heritage, as we were named after the Duke of Orleans.

Sadly, this is the only image I could come up with

wait, I have another

Now let's get Dub on Dukes, and we could have our name.

Dub,

Best pics I could find.

might be small, but same idea
    Last edited by Panic Hoops; 04-22-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseNoKrewe View Post
    I think it is relevant. Going back to the early days of the relocation battle when this forum was at war with Charlottians and the insults of city versus city were flying around, to sever any connection with Charlotte real or imagined is important.
    That can never happen. New Orleans and Charlotte will always have a shared history with this franchise. There are numerous teams all over the major sports in which this is the case. What's done is done.

With any new name, the most important thing is to own the identity. The name "Lakers" doesn't seem strange at all from an L.A. team, because that franchise has put a definitive stamp on it. They aren't just a team that plays in a city, they are an attraction. If Benson forges a winner, it won't matter if there are other teams with the same nickname.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Soooo... They are Knights? lol

But cooler, and a title - Duke.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    they sure seem to be, don't they?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

So...open face helmet, sword, shield, fdl, silver, gold, royal, navy, leaf crest around the crown, mustache/clean shave...I'll see what I can come up with! Should we be called the Dukes of New Orleans?

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    So...open face helmet, sword, shield, fdl, silver, gold, royal, navy, leaf crest around the crown, mustache/clean shave...I'll see what I can come up with! Should we be called the Dukes of New Orleans?
    From the looks of it, whatever concepts you came up with for Knights could be easily applied to Dukes.

Sweet man, looking forward to seeing it...any possibilities you could PM me the result, I have a Knights Rebrand facebook page that needs some designs haha, if you don't mind me putting them up on facebook...Link is in my sig for anyone wondering

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    I am not sure why, but I can envision scarlet and sliver in some way, shape, or form....

Thread Information