Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: With T'Wolves pick, who would you select?

With T'Wolves pick, who would you select?

Say for instance the Hornets select a big man with the 1st pick....assuming these guys are left on the board, who would you pick?

Kendall Marshall
    Damian Lillard
    Austin Rivers
    OR
    Best Player Available

Dude there's already 50,000 threads on this. No need to start a new one.

It really just depends on who is left and where our first pick falls. If we get the second pick and take MKG, then I would take a look at the PFs that are left. So, it really depends on who we select first but I wouldn't take any of those three that you listed probably.
    "I am sorry if what I say hurts your feelings....Wait, no I'm not!"

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I'm on the Austin Rivers train. I like him as a instant offense off the bench kind of guy, kind of like a James Harden. Lillard reminds me alot of Mo Williams, so I most certainly wouldn't mind picking him up, however I don't see anything that Kendal Marshall brings that we don't get from our very own Vasquez, but this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Dude there's already 50,000 threads on this. No need to start a new one.
    yea like it really even matters to you.....then don't reply, go find the other 50,000 threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    however I don't see anything that Kendal Marshall brings that we don't get from our very own Vasquez, but this is my opinion.
    ya was just about to say this, i dont think Marshall is a big enough upgrade over Greivis to waste a pick on him

I'm on the Austin Rivers train. I like him as a instant offense off the bench kind of guy, kind of like a James Harden. Lillard reminds me alot of Mo Williams, so I most certainly wouldn't mind picking him up, however I don't see anything that Kendal Marshall brings that we don't get from our very own Vasquez, but this is my opinion.
    my thinking exactly, i see Rivers as a Harden type player who can shoot and drive at will.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Lillard.

Rivers for me

If the pick doesnt jump, I go for Rivers if he's willing to play PG.

Rivers doesn't deserve to belong anywhere near that list. I hate him. I really do now because he's been overrated for so long. He's isn't that tall or explosive. He's an undersized SG basically without a ton of explosiveness.

Give me Lillard but I'm searching for a big.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by B504ever View Post
    If the pick doesnt jump, I go for Rivers if he's willing to play PG.
    He's not a PG. Plus, he's not quick enough to play the point. He would get mauled defensively.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'd select Rivers post lottery, closer to late first. He's not a lottery pick though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    He's not a PG. Plus, he's not quick enough to play the point. He would get mauled defensively.
    He's not quick? Dude that is his best attribute!
    C'mon man.

Rivers would definitely not be a choice. I see him going later.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    He's not quick? Dude that is his best attribute!
    C'mon man.
    No not its not. His best attribute is trying to create his own shot. I said trying.

He has some quick moves offensively, but it doesn't translate defensively and he's definitely not impressive athletically.

I'm on the Austin Rivers train. I like him as a instant offense off the bench kind of guy, kind of like a James Harden.
    You and I both brother.

If Dyson keeps developing and earns himself the right to be a 15/20 minute a night guy, then I'd stay away from PGs. Even if we trade Jack, between Greivis, Jerome and EG/Marco (spot minutes/defensive cover) I think we are covered. I'd be looking to take best player available which luckily in this draft will most likely be a Forward or Centre. Depending where the pick is, we could possibly get Sullinger, Perry or Terrence Jones. Id love to get Moultrie or Harkless, but I think that would be reaching to far. If we could somehow get another late first Id take a punt on either of those guys. Also would be keen to see what our Minnesota pick could get us from Boston, they have 2 firsts afterall

No not its not. His best attribute is trying to create his own shot. I said trying.

He has some quick moves offensively, but it doesn't translate defensively and he's definitely not impressive athletically.
    Rivers is actually more athletic than people think, he didn't really get to showcase his abilities that great at duke, but i have a feeling when its all said and done, he'll eventually be on the best players from this draft, his game is suited for the NBA, not so much for the college, totally different.

and when it comes to Lillard, idk im not totally buying into him like everyone else is, i just don't see him playing as well as he did in college.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMoNk View Post
    Rivers is actually more athletic than people think, he didn't really get to showcase his abilities that great at duke, but i have a feeling when its all said and done, he'll eventually be on the best players from this draft, his game is suited for the NBA, not so much for the college, totally different.

and when it comes to Lillard, idk im not totally buying into him like everyone else is, i just don't see him playing as well as he did in college.
    I feel that Lillard's role will change quite a bit from college to the pro game, but I would be very surprised if the team that selects him doesn't get a very good player....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Id go Damian Lillard or Tyler Zeller
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Terrence, Terrence, Terrence Jones

There are 29028340982309482300 other threads for this...

Why waste up board space? Had to get your first thread started that bad huh?

All-Star
    I see rivers as a steal in the late lottery or mid 1st round. he is a coach's kid who has exceptional offensive game. he and EJ could end up to be a major headache to opposing defenses. He can play off the ball because he has range in his shot, you can have him play iso and park EJ at a sweet spot for an open 3.

Defense will be a concern, but what I like about defense is that its 99% effort. an EJ/Rivers backcourt already has the athleticism to be great defenders. just a matter of them pushing to wana play D.

I wont mind using the pick on him, even though he hasnt been on our radar.

...and this is where Monty and some time to physically develop comes into the equation.

Thread Information