Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Which name do you like the best?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brass

96 39.51%
  • Krewe

86 35.39%
  • Voodoo

61 25.10%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: New Poll - Vote on Top 3 New Name Choices

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    Bounce is the absolutely worst name we could probably have. Give me the Pelicans over that. That name would suck for a WNBA, NBDL, or whatever other kind of team.

I really like the idea of the interchangeable Brass and Krewe, but I'm not sure the NBA would go for it. Although, since we can't wear our Jazz throwbacks, and the Bucs are pretty much not going to happen with Benson... I think this idea could really work to give us our max number of alternate looks. We'd have 2 Brass unis and then 2 Krewe unis.

Krewe Orleans Brass... hahah. But seriously... I vote this option.
    "The Krewe of New Orleans starts their 4 game Mardi Gras route this Saturday with a stop in Phoenix, followed by games at the Staples Center against both the Lakers on Wednesday and Clippers on Saturday, and lastly a stop in Portland on Tuesday before returning to the Den to face the Rockets on Ash Wednesday."

Starter
    Only names that are not completly terible to me are Pelicans, Brass, or Pilots in that order. Krewe just seems juvenile to me. Maybe becasue I haven't found anyone over the age of 30 that likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hornet View Post
    Only names that are not completly terible to me are Pelicans, Brass, or Pilots in that order. Krewe just seems juvenile to me. Maybe becasue I haven't found anyone over the age of 30 that likes it.
    count me as over 30 and liking KREWE! along with my dad and boss both over 50....

Pelicans i don't like just for the simple fact i don't like bird team names. Might be a product of years upon years of FAILcons hatred....

So it seems that Brass and Krewe are neck and neck. I wonder what the guys who voted for Voodoo like more if they were given only those choices?

Passion. Purpose. Pride.    Contributor   
    I think Brass is the better name. I think some people are being drawn towards Krewe because of the jerseys that are being posted. Those more than likely will not be the jerseys and shouldn't be used in making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchexnaydre View Post
    I think Brass is the better name. I think some people are being drawn towards Krewe because of the jerseys that are being posted. Those more than likely will not be the jerseys and shouldn't be used in making a decision.
    Speaking of which, I'd like to see the Pelicans uniform/court again.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

I do not like the Krewe, because it sounds very childish
    Voodoo is very difficult to have approval
    Buccaners was already the name of old
    And Brass is very similar to Jazz

And the idea is to have something new, create something out of 0

Pelicans is nice
    And also Corsais

ArcAngels is very nice

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saints5021 View Post
    So it seems that Brass and Krewe are neck and neck. I wonder what the guys who voted for Voodoo like more if they were given only those choices?
    Brass

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saints5021 View Post
    I would abstain in silent protest!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    I would abstain in silent protest!
    If the Voodoo were actually a viable choice, I would be happy with that, but I don't really see that as an legit option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    If the Voodoo were actually a viable choice, I would be happy with that, but I don't really see that as an legit option.
    I understand that rationale and it's entirely possible they've already ruled it out. But until I heat the official word I will hang on to the bitter end. I've mentioned it ad nauseum at this point but I would hate to pass up on it simply because an Arena team has it. An Arena team that didn't exist a few years ago because of the AFL's financial problems and an Arena team that's now just the rebirth of an AFL2 franchise and might not exist a few years from now.

I understand that rationale and it's entirely possible they've already ruled it out. But until I heat the official word I will hang on to the bitter end. I've mentioned it ad nauseum at this point but I would hate to pass up on it simply because an Arena team has it. An Arena team that didn't exist a few years ago because of the AFL's financial problems and an Arena team that's now just the rebirth of an AFL2 franchise and might not exist a few years from now.
    I feel that. I think it would be a killer name for the BB team. I still think Krewe ties in on the local. regional, and national level with the Mardi Gras accociation. I am not saying Voodoo does not, but I think Mardi Gras is a more global ready market. Plus like I said before, I think it would be easier for me as an out of state fan to relate to Krewe much like Who Dat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Why do you think it's not a viable option? The Colorado Rockies was a minor league hockey team in the past.
    Last edited by Metairie Hornet; 04-18-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Why do you think it's not a viable option? The Colorado Rockies was a minor league hockey team in the past.
    IDK. I haven't really heard much buzz about it. If they do go Voodoo, I hope they revamp everything, logo, colors theme...all that.

$ whois krewereport.com

Domain Name: KREWEREPORT.COM

Created on..............: 2012-04-17 17:45:49 GMT
    Expires on..............: 2013-04-17 17:45:49 GMT
    Last modified on........: 2012-04-17 17:45:49 GMT

Registrant Info: (FAST-17589543)

joseph gerrity
    --redacted--
    new orleans, Louisiana 70115
    United States
    Phone: --redacted--
    Fax..:
    Email: --redacted--
    Last modified: 2012-04-17 17:45:49 GMT
    Hmm....
    Last edited by daybreaker; 04-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by kaitos View Post
    ArcAngels is very nice
    Agree. Im for the Krewe but Arc Angels is starting to grow on me, its unique.

All-Star
    I like Krewe, but just to keep the creative wheels turning, we could always go with something energy industry-related. We do produce about 1/3 of the nation's energy in one form or another. And it is a shame that most of the country doesn't realize it. Maybe an energy related name may raise awareness. I mean it is the whole reason behind the Saints colors of black and gold (ie black gold... oil). Lots of people don't realize that. Not to stick my neck out, but perhaps New Orleans Energy.

That said, I'm still in the corner of Krewe, Brass, or Rhythm

"There is one spot on the globe, the possessor of which is our natural and habitual enemy. It is New Orleans."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kaitos View Post
    ArcAngels is very nice

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by B504ever View Post
    Agree. Im for the Krewe but Arc Angels is starting to grow on me, its unique.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Honestly, I think The Krewe name is just not a good sports team name. Why wouldn't you guys just want the "New Orleans Angels"? The "Arc" part could just be a nickname. Just say it, "The New Orleans Angels", dosen't it just sound great? I still think the Knights could be the best one it would be generic with any other city, but with Louisiana and the whole french/royalty connection, it could be great.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Just say it, "The New Orleans Angels", dosen't it just sound great?
    Sounds like a Victoria Secret Underwear Catalog theme.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Honestly, I think The Krewe name is just not a good sports team name. Why wouldn't you guys just want the "New Orleans Angels"? The "Arc" part could just be a nickname. Just say it, "The New Orleans Angels", dosen't it just sound great? I still think the Knights could be the best one it would be generic with any other city, but with Louisiana and the whole french/royalty connection, it could be great.
    Arc Angels sounds better to me. Also theres the Anaheim Angels as well.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Sounds like a Victoria Secret Underwear Catalog theme.
    lol Good point there.

Thread Information