Pelicans Report

Thread: Where was Gordon tonight?

Where was Gordon tonight?

He didn't bring it. Clammed up.

is this a joke dude? he def brought it, he had an off night, just like michael jordan and kobe, nobodies balls out every night, also when gordon has the ball every defender on the court keys on him, they know hes our only offensive option, need another big time player like davis or barnes

No joke. You would figure he would be ready for this team and play his butt off. I wasn't impressed. Sorry.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    He managed to get to the line 12 times tonight and scored 17 points. He had an off night shooting the ball, but he definitely was driving the lane strong. He's been playing awesome pretty much every game (except for when he hurt his back that one game), so for him to have one game where he struggled to shoot the ball is likely.

17 points in an off night, when we absolutely needed a loss. I'll take it. Hope he has two more "OFF" nights.

No one can see through the hatch of a tank.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    17 points in an off night, when we absolutely needed a loss. I'll take it. Hope he has two more "OFF" nights.
    If he plays at all. Monty already mentioned "shutting him down" for the next two games.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsfanjc24 View Post
    He didn't bring it. Clammed up.
    LAC's backcourt was just too much.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsfanjc24 View Post
    No joke. You would figure he would be ready for this team and play his butt off. I wasn't impressed. Sorry.
    he gave 110% did u not see his drive and dunk and his nasty laser passes, dude also played ferocious permiter D, if he woulda dropped 30 and played no D u prob would have been impressed, the dude cant do it all, glad ur not a scout

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If he plays at all. Monty already mentioned "shutting him down" for the next two games.
    Is there a link to this? You know I trust your word, but I'd like to see if there was any more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    he gave 110% did u not see his drive and dunk and his nasty laser passes, dude also played ferocious permiter D, if he woulda dropped 30 and played no D u prob would have been impressed, the dude cant do it all, glad ur not a scout
    Our guys weren't ready for him tonight. It was Maravich-esque hitting people in their faces, guys fumbling passes becauseEJ was just coming out of nowhere with them. Great display tonight. Love his game.

Sometimes the anxiety of playing against your former teams for the first time can hurt you. You go out there and you sometimes want it too bad. Chris Paul certainly didn't have a fantastic game in March when he first played against the Hornets. We know what kind of player Eric Gordon is and I hope to see him in some kind of NOLA uni next season.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Is there a link to this? You know I trust your word, but I'd like to see if there was any more to it.
    Bump

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Bump
    One of the beat writers tweeted it a few days ago... DeShazier or Eichenhofer or somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    One of the beat writers tweeted it a few days ago... DeShazier or Eichenhofer or somebody.
    Thanks man.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Thanks man.
    No problem.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Sorry. Was gettin' caught up on Game of Thrones. Korra. Lotta ish goin' on right now in my entertainment world.

Sorry. Was gettin' caught up on Game of Thrones. Korra. Lotta ish goin' on right now in my entertainment world.
    Greatest show on TV. Joffrey needs to get brutally murdered soon, or my TV is going to break.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

he's #TeamTank... wants to get that talent around him like Monty Said

Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    Greatest show on TV. Joffrey needs to get brutally murdered soon, or my TV is going to break.
    Amen

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    It's funny because a guy like Gordon goes 4-13 and scores 17 and stuff like this gets said. However, Kobe has 26 on 9 of freaking 26 shooting and they all bow down to him like he is the greatest thing ever.

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherNLU View Post
    It's funny because a guy like Gordon goes 4-13 and scores 17 and stuff like this gets said. However, Kobe has 26 on 9 of freaking 26 shooting and they all bow down to him like he is the greatest thing ever.
    If you are talking about the media, Kobe will get praised when he sits the bench. That love affair will not end. However, he does have a history behind him to warrant the love (not to the extent he gets some times granted).

Thread Information