Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Who would you take at number 2?

Blog Entries

Poll: Who would you take at number 2?

You can also vote for this on the front page

audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

I voted MKG. He is the 2nd best guy in this draft, and even if we have Aminu, and Ariza, neither have the talent, or proven in college, what this kid has. His future is bright.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    thomas mother******* robinson

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    thomas mother******* robinson
    True dat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony Davis because Jordan is going to draft himself.
    I like basketball

Twitter: @jsgrayson

T-Rob is a monster BUT i dont know how much playing time he would get on the hornets team, the way Jason Smith has been playing...im not saying J Smith is better but right now, J smith is BALLIN.

not to thread Jack, but is Jason Smith, this years Kris Humphries?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Personally I have an affinity for Robinson, but something about MKG just intrigues me as well. He's just such a hard worker and leaves it all on the court.

Of course you can really say the same thing about TRob. As far as playing time, you don't draft in the top 3 to fill holes, that can be addressed later. Who knows if Smith or Landry will even be here down the road. Robinson is a building block, as is MKG.
    Wherehappens.

I voted MKG, but Drummond really intrigues me. He could end up being pretty dominant. Then again, he could end up being Thabeet esque.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

MKG was my vote but I'd be happy with either him or Robinson.

@DatPurpleHornet

I voted other. I feel Sullinger will be better than all 3 long-term. But I have MKG after that.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

What makes MKG better than Barnes? Yes. This is a serious question. Why is MKG considered a top 3 pick and Barnes isn't even top 5 for most people on this board?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    What makes MKG better than Barnes? Yes. This is a serious question. Why is MKG considered a top 3 pick and Barnes isn't even top 5 for most people on this board?
    I've said it that I think Barnes is a better fit for THIS team based off their respective skills. Our team needs another shooter. Barnes could be that. Especially if we work the drive and kick game with a healthy Gordon.

But because MKG does so many things well and I think he could develop a mid-range game and BPA is wiser move than drafting for positional need, I voted for him. then I'd vote for Robinson. Then Drummond.

Edit: Crap. Forgot about Sullinger. He's between Robinson and Drummond.

Surprised?
    Last edited by Eman5805; 04-10-2012 at 02:44 PM.

We're talking about the same guy who put up 40pts/8rebs against Clemson his freshman year in the ACC tournament. Then went on to average 21ppg/8rebs in the NCAA tournament in his freshman year. I fail to see why people are overlooking him now. He had a bad year in terms of tournament play but I'm not going to dismiss him because of it.

MKG really hasnt proven much at all offensively, i'm torn on whether I want him or not

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    Not to thread jack but here's a completely different topic I'd like to bring up.
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

what is MKG's strength? I know that Robinson can rebound, score with his back to basket and a very good transition PF.. never really watched a lot of Kentucky games just knew that Anthony Davis was a beast.
    Alvin Gentry is my savior

Quote Originally Posted by al m337 View Post
    what is MKG's strength? I know that Robinson can rebound, score with his back to basket and a very good transition PF.. never really watched a lot of Kentucky games just knew that Anthony Davis was a beast.
    An all around game with Work Ethic and Heart.

An all around game with Work Ethic and Heart.
    idk, just don't really think he's an NBA caliber player as of "Now" i believe Robinson is more NBA ready.

I'm really having a hard time with MKG.

I understand and appreciate the work ethic. That's something that can't be taught and bodes well for the next level.

He's also talented.

However, he isn't "Skilled". His offensive game is not great. He can't shoot that well. He gets to the basket in a variety of very creative ways but can be out of control doing it (at least to my eyes).

To me, he's a much more talented Ariza at this point. I wouldn't be thrilled with the pick, and I think it would be 2-3 years before he's a consistent contributor.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    MKG is Overrated to me on offense. Yea he gets the offensive rebounds but his barely average with everything else offensively! When he get to the NBA those put backs & head fakes won't work for a player like his size, I and did I mention he dribble slow and drive slow.
    I'll take Drummond or Barnes before this guy!!

He's just a better player overall. Much better ball-handler, defender, finisher, leader. Barnes is a better shooter, but I think MKG would lock him down if needed. Plus MKG is a bit younger. MKG can definitely be a point forward in this league. High basketball IQ.

I think MKG is a better version of Iggy. He won't be a great scorer in this league, but he will be a very good all around player. BTW, Barnes won't be a great scorer either. Maybe a high volume scorer, which is really not worth much.

mkg for sure...yes hes the 2nd best in the draft right there with thomas robinson but then i think there will be some good big men available at 10... hopefully cody zeller but andre drummond might slip, and jared sullinger should be there
    Hornets fan since day 1.

Thread Information