Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Who would you take at number 2?

Give me arnette moultrie. Has better all around game than robinson. MKG is a joke the guys offensive game is super suspect and I'd rather work with trevor and aminu.

Honestly, I wouldn't lose sleep if the team selected Drummond with their 1st pick. He's definitely got bust potential, but he is still really young. I think MKG and Beal are ahead of him since all 3 are the same age, but he could break out eventually.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by young larry j View Post
    Give me arnette moultrie. Has better all around game than robinson. MKG is a joke the guys offensive game is super suspect and I'd rather work with trevor and aminu.
    MKG is way more talented than both of them. Not even close. Those guys are so clumsy with the ball and neither can shoot. Both are good defenders, but offensively are atrocious. MKG is really talented. He's not a score, but he will impact the game in every other way.

People are hypocrites on this board. Everyone knows Davis won't impact the game greatly with his scoring, but instead will do it in other ways. Why can't MKG do the same?

No offense but mkg just dosnt impress me. Very raw offensively moultrie. Can shoot and has moves on the block a perimeter
    Player who can't shoot won't. Help us thts wht ariza and. Aminu are.

NBA

Davis will be a bust just not physical enough to dominate in the nba. He looks like anthony randolph size wise. We can't just listen to espn about the prospects davis and mkg just dnt pass the eye test.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    People are hypocrites on this board. Everyone knows Davis won't impact the game greatly with his scoring, but instead will do it in other ways. Why can't MKG do the same?
    Davis' defense will have a bigger impact since he will be the anchor swatting everything that comes inside, plus he has the tools to develop an offensive game, a decent mid range jumper, some post moves, great athleticism and a great handle for a big man
    Last edited by speedyG; 04-10-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Banned
    agree i get an ariza jeff green vibe

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Davis' defense will have a bigger impact since he will be the anchor swatting everything that comes inside, plus he has the tools to develop an offensive game, a decent mid range jumper, some post moves, great athleticism and a great handle for a big man
    MKG has tools to work with as well. Excellent ball-handler, excellent finisher, attacks the basket hard, excellent penetrator, athletic. Shooting is easy to improve. He can do everything else. His defense will be strong as well.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLT23 View Post
    mkg for sure...yes hes the 2nd best in the draft right there with thomas robinson but then i think there will be some good big men available at 10... hopefully cody zeller but andre drummond might slip, and jared sullinger should be there
    C.Zeller announced that he's staying.
    Wherehappens.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    MKG has tools to work with as well. Excellent ball-handler, excellent finisher, attacks the basket hard, excellent penetrator, athletic. Shooting is easy to improve. He can do everything else. His defense will be strong as well.
    MKG isn't a excellent ball handler.

Tell that to Ariza.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    We're talking about the same guy who put up 40pts/8rebs against Clemson his freshman year in the ACC tournament. Then went on to average 21ppg/8rebs in the NCAA tournament in his freshman year. I fail to see why people are overlooking him now. He had a bad year in terms of tournament play but I'm not going to dismiss him because of it.
    As a UNC fan I can tell you that Barnes' biggest problem is that he needs someone else to create his shot for him. He's no effective whatsoever creating his own shot off the dribble. When Marshall went down he looked lost out there and when UNC needed him to take the game over in the tournament he just went cold and turnover prone.

As some have said, for THIS team he's a good fit since Gordon will kick the ball out a ton and if we could get a good creator at PG, bonus.

oh damn i was hoping we could take him with our 2nd 1st rounder.. but thats probably best for him since he'll probably be a top 3 pick next year and it also puts money in his brothers pocket since he'll go earlier than he wouldve had cody zeller announced

now im hoping drummond falls or jared sullinger

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    C.Zeller announced that he's staying.
    I'm thinking this could impact the choice of Drummond...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    As a UNC fan I can tell you that Barnes' biggest problem is that he needs someone else to create his shot for him. He's no effective whatsoever creating his own shot off the dribble. When Marshall went down he looked lost out there and when UNC needed him to take the game over in the tournament he just went cold and turnover prone.

As some have said, for THIS team he's a good fit since Gordon will kick the ball out a ton and if we could get a good creator at PG, bonus.
    Barnes doesn't have a problem creating his own shot. His problem is hitting those type of shots with consistency. He can create space and get a shot off with relative ease. Consistency can be improved with time especially for someone who already has a stroke. His question marks are not any bigger than MKG's.

If people are conceding that MKG's ceiling is a better Iguodala, then I don't see why his upside is so much better than Barnes who have shown a lot more as a freshman. Whose to say MKG doesn't regress due to his weak jump shot at the next level?

There is one huge difference between Ariza and MKG. MKG attacks, while Ariza is timid. Remember Ariza in last years playoffs, he was the most fearless I've ever seen him, he had like 16 points a game and was constantly getting to the basket. He was playing great D on Kobe on the other end. That's the floor of what MKG will bring every night because he's got that FIYA. If he improve his jumper and his handles on top of that, we're looking at a franchise player.

Would anyone else agree that MKG is D-Wade at the 3? With that being said I'm torn on MKG and T-Rob. I could see us ending up getting the 2nd/3rd and the Twolve pick turn out to be 7. Drafting T-Rob and Barnes really intrigues me and im not really a Barnes fan but what Eman and Nola Hornet posted of him sort of gave me a change of mind. We shall see on draft night...

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Would anyone else agree that MKG is D-Wade at the 3? With that being said I'm torn on MKG and T-Rob. I could see us ending up getting the 2nd/3rd and the Twolve pick turn out to be 7. Drafting T-Rob and Barnes really intrigues me and im not really a Barnes fan but what Eman and Nola Hornet posted of him sort of gave me a change of mind. We shall see on draft night...
    Wade is athletically dominant over MKG. It's not even close. I understand what you are saying. I think Iggy is a better comparison for MKG.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

My problem with Barnes is he never gets all the way to the basket, he can create space and get a midrange shot off like kobe, but can he sink 'em like kobe. I say no.

MKG isnt as explosive as Iggy

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    MKG isnt as explosive as Iggy
    Meh, his all-around game is better at his age than Iggy was.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Tell that to Ariza.
    Ariza's a POS journeyman who limited offensive skill. Shooting can be improved. Not shooting off the dribble, but making an open jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Barnes doesn't have a problem creating his own shot. His problem is hitting those type of shots with consistency. He can create space and get a shot off with relative ease. Consistency can be improved with time especially for someone who already has a stroke. His question marks are not any bigger than MKG's.

If people are conceding that MKG's ceiling is a better Iguodala, then I don't see why his upside is so much better than Barnes who have shown a lot more as a freshman. Whose to say MKG doesn't regress due to his weak jump shot at the next level?
    He will more difficulty creating against longer, more athletic guys.

I think he will be a good scorer in the league, but he's gonna have to expand his game to make a real impact, otherwise he will be a Rudy Gay type of player who can score, but shoots alot, and doesn't make his teammates better in the process. I think Barnes will be that kind of player. He's cannot make his teammates better except by spreading the floor for other guys to do damage. I also don't see why people think he will be an elite defender in the league. Its easy to play defense in college with little spacing and having Henson and Zeller behind you. I think he will have more trouble in the league where it is more wide open. In the end, I see Barnes as a high volume scorer and that's pretty much it. He probably won't offer much more. Guys like that just don't win alot of games. They just put up good stats. Even though Barnes is the prospect on his team long-term, Zeller, Henson, and Marshall provided more to the team.

MKG may not be a great player. He will be very good. He probably won't be a great scorer, but he will be a good scorer, especially the way he can drive to the basket. He's an excellent penetrator and can finish. Also, he won't force alot of bad shots. He will make his teammates better, and he will probably be a great defender. In the end, I just think he will have more impact on his team than Barnes and will help his team win more.

i think he will probably be similar to Iguodala, but i dont think Iggy is worth a #2 pick at all...guess the top 5 in this draft just isnt that good

Thread Information