Pelicans Report

Thread: Who is better for the team?

Who is better for the team?

So far JJ has got better numbers when he strats compared to Greivis 16 point 6.3 assists vs 11 points 6.1 assists per game. Nevertheless, When Greivis starts our record is 7 wins 10 looses (41%) and most of these games without a back up PG (JJ being injured). When JJ starts our record is 8 wins and 31 looses (20%) even dough we do have a back up PG. So, who do you think has done a better job for the team?

Vasquez is better as a distributor with a lineup of people who can score around him that he can dish too. Jack can be a perfect 6th man on a 2nd unit kind of like Jason Jerry

Jack. We need to keep the tank rolling...

We need to see Jack and Gordon together. Jack is often both the reason we stay in games and lose them late. He might be a good complimentary player to Gordon's game and if you have Gordon being the closer instead of Jack you might end up winning more games.

I agree with BP225. It's not about the best lineup. Assuming Gordon is in the best lineup, and additional ball handler that can drive may be what we need.

2 guys that can bring the ball up in nornal situations, two other guys that can take a set 3 or drive, all three of which can get back on D, with a decent front court that can rebound. Add in some help and some defense there.... makes tou wonder why we traded for Jack... to play with Chris or Eric...

The Franchise    Contributor   

Are these the only 2 choices?

But seriously, I like Jack as a leader and as a 6th man. Vasquez I don't mind, seems worth having at the price. At the very worst, at least our bench has gone from "are you kidding me? how is that guy (still) in the league?" to legitimate NBA role players. We just need a few more guys at the top of the order to push everyone down a seat on the bench.

Vasquez lack of foot-speed makes me not want him as a full time starter at times though....he is just painfully slow and can be trapped easier than he should being a ball handler, leading to TOs.

The win-loss as starters is irrelevant when the team has had so many injuries... who know who was healthy on which nights. Like when Gordon is on the floor it obviously makes it more likely we'll come away with a win that night, or if Kaman, Landry, etc. are out when Jack gets a start, odds are we wont get a win

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Beez_Neez View Post
    Vasquez lack of foot-speed makes me not want him as a full time starter at times though....he is just painfully slow and can be trapped easier than he should being a ball handler, leading to TOs.
    Exactly. This is why Vasquez is a 10-12 mins a game guy tops. Whenever a pick is set at the top of the key the opposing teams big man will stick on Vasquez and he can't turn the corner on him. I can't remember ever seeing that before at the NBA level but it happens almost every time to Vasquez. He is a below avg. PG in the NBA. Jack is head and shoulders better although he is nothing better then an avg. PG.

Dennis

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    The win-loss as starters is irrelevant when the team has had so many injuries... who know who was healthy on which nights. Like when Gordon is on the floor it obviously makes it more likely we'll come away with a win that night, or if Kaman, Landry, etc. are out when Jack gets a start, odds are we wont get a win
    Dude, completely off topic, but your sig still has me laughing 5 months later. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets fan KC View Post
    Exactly. This is why Vasquez is a 10-12 mins a game guy tops. Whenever a pick is set at the top of the key the opposing teams big man will stick on Vasquez and he can't turn the corner on him. I can't remember ever seeing that before at the NBA level but it happens almost every time to Vasquez. He is a below avg. PG in the NBA. Jack is head and shoulders better although he is nothing better then an avg. PG.

Dennis
    I wouldn't go that far. Vasquez's court vision makes up for his lack of foot speed. Sure, the guy might be slower than some people on this forum, but there are other aspects of his game that make him a legitimate backup PG in this league. With some more experience, he'll be able to learn ways to combat his lack of foot speed. He can also get faster.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets fan KC View Post

Dennis
    Come on! I know he is slow and he may never become a starter NBA PG but a 10 minutes a game player that is going to far. The guy has 5 double doubles in only 17 starts, and even when he is not starting Monti (who does not seam to love him) gives him 20 min per game

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Can I say neither?

I like both as a backup, but neither as our starting PG.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Dude, completely off topic, but your sig still has me laughing 5 months later. LOL

Yours has me laughing, with the tank sporting a gun boner.

/perv

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

Run Squeaky at the point... i like the name squeaky...

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    3 threes for Greivis tonight!
    Wherehappens.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Can I say neither?

I like both as a backup, but neither as our starting PG.
    Can you say Dragic or Lillard?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Make that 4, he's on fire!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    Yours has me laughing, with the tank sporting a gun boner.

/perv
    I have to overcompensate! lol

Jack's defense has been pretty bad this season. He is an average PG at best. He's been good offensively this season, but defensively he's been the opposite.

I would look at drafting Lillard or signing Dragic.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

if GV becomes a shooting threat you could see him getting playing time with Gordon cause Vasquez is a willing passer (unlike JJ) and he doesn't have to defend the better guard player, Gordon is your main defensive player in the perimeter.

Thread Information