Pelicans Report

Thread: Advanced Box Score: Number 1 draft pick: Anthony Davis.

Advanced Box Score: Number 1 draft pick: Anthony Davis.

Obviously a no-brainer whether you're looking at game tape or especially advanced metrics. Clearly the best metrics out there and only as a young freshmen.

Offensive Rating - 139.8 (3rd in the country)
    Defensive Rating - 80.3 (1st in the country)
    Win Shares - 11.8 (1st in the country)
    Offensive win shares - 4.8 (9th in the country)
    Defensive win shares - 7.0 (1st in the country)
    PER - 35.1 (1st in the country)

So why was Davis's rating throught the roof?

Total shooting of 65% - Enhanced from his FG% of 62%. Also shoot 70% from the FT line.

His offensive rating was high because he didn't have too high of a usage, but still made the team productive offensively with his presence on the floor. High FG%, low turnovers.

His defense was the best in the country. No doubt about it. Rebounding, blocks. You name it. He covers alot of ground and does it amazingly.

No doubt, he's the number one guy.

Will have pick number two soon.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Those numbers are staggering... I mean, we all know how good he is, but that basically quantifies it.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Those numbers are staggering... I mean, we all know how good he is, but that basically quantifies it.
    No doubt man. When I was doing my first draft board, the metrics on this kid was staggering. Seriously, no one else in the country had similar metrics when looking offensively and defensively. Alot were good either/or, but this kid was incredibly dominant at both ends of the floor.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I don't think we've even seen half of Davis's offensive game.

Everyone knows about his growth spurt, but how many people know that even before that he was being recruited by small schools to play college ball?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post

Everyone knows about his growth spurt, but how many people know that even before that he was being recruited by small schools to play college ball?
    We haven't. He has no low-post game to speak of, and he is just starting to develop his face-up game. He can hit the college 3 with regularity, so that gives you an idea of his range. If he can get that jumper into the 50% range, he could be lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post

Seems like a David Robinson story. Can't wait to see how big and strong he is in 4 years. By that time, he will easily be able to play PF or center.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I don't really know how the metrics are compiled, but even so, I would have to think that #2 won't be nearly as easy to identify....as far as Davis is concerned...its virtually amazing that after all the things he has accomplished, he still has an upside that nobody has witnessed just yet...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Thread Information