Pelicans Report

Thread: Mavs agree to part with Odom

NBA Mavs agree to part with Odom

anyone else see this yet? I mean yea he wasn't performing for them but why agree to part ways, not drop him or anything, but just agree to put him on the IR for the rest of the year, right before the playoffs? Odom can help any team in the playoffs I feel, I was just curious as to why they would do this? There is something left unsaid here whether it was a locker room issue or something else, just curious what it is

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...es-immediately

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    He's a cry baby, and some people actually think he'd of played for the Hornets? Why would Dallas release him so he can sign with another team to beat them in the playoffs? That doesn't make much sense does it?

"Sources said Monday that Odom's departure will be immediate and that the Mavericks intend to simply list him as inactive for the rest of the season instead of outright releasing him, leaving open the possibility that they could still trade him after the season in conjunction with the draft"
    "Even if either side had pushed for a formal release, there is little upside to taking that step now with Odom ineligible to play in the playoffs with another team because he wasn't waived before the March 23 deadline."

So he just isn't going to play for the rest of the season I guess, just seems like a strange decision to me

I wrote an article about this today. It's everybody's fault. Lakers for trading him rather than dealing with the headache, the Mavs for not trying hard enough to develop a consistent role for him, and Odom for letting his personal off the court issues interfere with his work. It's a shame, because I've actually liked Odom for most of his career.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    His contract his only partially guaranteed for next season, so he's still an draft day/summer trade asset.

odom has been very unprofessional this entire yr

This alone is enough for me to sigh in relief that we didn't get him via LAker trade.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    He would have never seen the floor as a Hawnet.

Thread Information