Pelicans Report

Thread: Playing GM: If we land pick numero uno

Draft Playing GM: If we land pick numero uno

It seems we have had a thread for if we draft Davis, who to pair with him if we do, who to pick if we dont, etc. etc. However, I haven't seen anywhere what anyone thinks we could get for him if we did land the first pick. Now before anyone gets all hot and bothered, I am not at all advocating trading him. I would love to have him. I am just recognizing the fact that the offers that will come in for Davis might get absurd. What do you guys think are some of the tasty offers that could be put in front of us? And are there any packages out there that just might have you thinking about it? Let the games begin.

All I can think of is how we drafted Kobe.

If I'm the GM with the number one pick, I'll be to busy partying to answer the phone and listen to trade offers =)

He is too far ahead of others in this draft to consider trading the #1. It would have to be an outrageous offer (one so outrageous it would never come).

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    He is too far ahead of others in this draft to consider trading the #1. It would have to be an outrageous offer (one so outrageous it would never come).
    Yeah. Something like Durant, three future 1sts, Ibaka, and Harden might change my mind on taking Davis. MIGHT.

What if the Heat threw D-Wade or Bosh or the both of them. That would be interesting. It seemed like they were willing to trade either of them for Dwight Howard.

I'd take that trade.

Lamarcus Aldridge, #7 and #12

That'd be a tough offer to turn down if Portland decided to blow it up completely. You get an All Star caliber PF that's big enough to play next to Okafor better than West did, and you'd have 7, 10 and 12 to use or package.

If we land me as the pick? I will be rich!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Seeing as how we can't get much but a bag of peanuts and a chewed up stick of juicy fruit for an expiring contract, I say we will get offered at best some late first round pick, and an old player...is mateen cleaves still around?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah. Something like Durant, three future 1sts, Ibaka, and Harden might change my mind on taking Davis. MIGHT.
    Yeah, that is why I added the caveat that it would be so outrageous it would never come.

What a successful exercise in imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Lamarcus Aldridge, #7 and #12

That'd be a tough offer to turn down if Portland decided to blow it up completely. You get an All Star caliber PF that's big enough to play next to Okafor better than West did, and you'd have 7, 10 and 12 to use or package.
    I'd jump all over that...

Then you're looking at Aldridge and Ayon at PF.

With the option in the draft to go with either Zeller, take a reach for Lillard, possibly have Barnes or Sully fall to you, and still take Marshall with the 12th if you pass on Lillard. That trade would be amazing for this team in terms of rapid rebuilding with young promising talent.

Thread Information