Pelicans Report

Thread: DeMarcus Cousins calls out Griffin

DeMarcus Cousins calls out Griffin

"He's babied. He's the poster child of the league. He sells tickets, but he's babied. Bottom line. The refs, the league -- period. He gets away with [everything]. He taunts players. Nothing is done. He's babied."
    -got it from ESPN on TV, so no link. Thank you for calling this little punk out.

EDIT: Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-actor-matchup
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 04-06-2012 at 01:51 PM.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Everything he said is true. Good to hear it from someone who could actually knock griffin on his ***.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Alright Cousins! It's pretty obvious players around the league are really starting to hate giffin.

Good for Cousins calling him out. Demarcus gets a bad rap around the league, but the guy is talented. He's just earned a new fan with this.
    I like basketball

Twitter: @jsgrayson

Griffin is a DIVA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    -got it from ESPN on TV, so no link. Thank you for calling this little punk out.

The pushoffs and holds he gets away with on his dunks are absurd....and ESPN glorifies them...they should be FOULS...and I dont even like Gasol.. And he flops like a European Girl---VOMIT

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    About time someone in the league pointed this out. It's disgusting how much Griffin has been pampered all his basketball career just because he's got ups. I never liked Cousins immaturity, but I give much props to him for saying that.

I despise Griffin for the exact reason Cousins pointed it out and propel are starting to see it.

Starter
    CP3 used to get this criticism when he played here. He was notorious for complaining to refs and getting the calls; Griffin is no different. They both are babied, CP3 was allowed to cry to the refs about not getting calls and Griffin is allowed to not get called.
    however, posterizing guys and taunting them will not make you an NBA "nice guy" like CP. Bigger and stronger players are getting insulted; playoffs might be brutal for the Clips.
    im liking the Jason Smith shoulder more and more

IF anyone would be a billboard of a PUNK it's Griffin! I can't stand him. Glad others are seeing this!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Truer words, never spoken.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    He was just fined $25K for his comments.

Disgusting because what he said is the truth. Similar thing just happened in the NHL when John Tortorella called the Pittsburgh Penguins "the most arrogant organization" and Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin "top notch whiners", he gets fined by the NHL for $20K.

Kinda ridiculous how low sports has become. It's almost like you get penalized for speaking the truth around here. God forbid someone says something bad about stars anymore.

Good for Cousins. Way more skilled than Griffin will ever be.

I really hope the Kings can establish Whiteside at center soon and let Cousins beast against other PFs.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    Count me in for donating towards Cousins fine for a hard foul on Griffin

LOL

gotta love Cousins!!! everything he said seems true
    Im actually really excited to dee demarcus's career unfold,, he has some really good potential and skill to become the next big centre (no matter what his attitude is lol)

Today I was playing ball in the gym and some dude fell down theatrically, and I called him Blake Griffin. Some 16 year old kid tried to tell me that Blake Griffin's flopping is actually what makes him great. "You gotta be good to get the ref to give you those calls" were his exact words.

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    CP on DMC comments: “We won. He lost. We competing for the playoffs. He’s not. That happens in this league.”

Whether or not this is true, Cousins is the last person I'd be praising LOL.
    aka Hornet Blood

Credit: wopester

Thread Information