Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why we need Linsanity!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar

Why we need Linsanity!

Happy Easter btw!
    But before you guys jump to conclusions, think about it. If we get this guy as a free-agent: Linsanity will be in Louisiana which brings plenty attention to our team & city + more fans + more seats filled in the arena = good franchise & louder arena!(idk about you guys but i love when the Arena is pack & loud). And also Lin will be a great point gaurd to bring in, hes a true point who can score when needs to(just too many turnover), he plays good D & a hustle player! Your thoughts!?
    This guy will be soooo good for the franchise.
    Last edited by Trell; 04-08-2012 at 05:49 PM.

I honestly hope if we don't draft a PG in the first round we go after him, but don't in anyway break the bank.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

i dont think the knicks are the gonna let him go.... who wouldnt want to play for the knicks? their fans are bums though

If we don't have to give up a lot to get him, I'd encourage it. But we also don't run the same sort of system that he flourished in. Just something to think about.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I like our chances at Goran Dragic better.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This. The Knicks would be retarded to pass up on Lin. Not to mention their fans would throw a fit and there would be riots in Times Square.

Quote Originally Posted by SharlieCheen View Post
    i dont think the knicks are the gonna let him go.... who wouldnt want to play for the knicks? their fans are bums though
    Lol, its not about if he want to stay or not, it's if the Knicks want him or Nash.
    & if I'm them I take Nash!

it would get us alot of attention, but Dragic is having a much better yr and fits our team better

plus i dont see Lin leaving, he can probably get a bigger contract elsewhere but he makes so much in endorsements in NY it doesn't matter
    Last edited by speedyG; 04-08-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Dragic is on a level that's a little better then Lin. But I pick Lin for the fans, team & franchise! Dragic would be good for the team & not as for the fans because lots of non sporters don't know about him.

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    it would get us alot of attention, but Dragic is having a much better yr and fits our team better

plus i dont see Lin leaving, he can probably get a bigger contract elsewhere but he makes so much in endorsements in NY it doesn't matter
    So you wouldn't take Nash & a ring over Lin & (mainly money) or endorsements?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Lin is a darn solid PG and young too, but, if I had to guess, we would have to overpay to get him. Overpaying by just a tad for the publicity would be ok, but some team will probably give him a ton of money off name brand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    So you wouldn't take Nash & a ring over Lin & (mainly money) or endorsements?
    giving up on a good young PG who happens to be 1 of the most popular players in the world for a 39 yr old Steve Nash who probably cant bring you a title isn't that likely

A young Pg who still needs to develop before he can bring them anywhere. And NY
    doesn't have any time to do that.
    Last edited by Trell; 04-08-2012 at 07:39 PM.

true, if it was just from a good for the team perspective it would definitely be something to consider, but obviously other things factor in with Linsanity

I beleave they would get over the Linsanity if Nash come in & make them a better team & then Linsanity will rise in New Orleans.
    Last edited by Trell; 04-08-2012 at 07:52 PM.

A ring would get us more popularity and fans in my opinion and more endorsements i think, but thats just in my opinion

we have to wait for our time, but it will be here soon!

I'd much rather Dragic - better shooter off the ball and a better defender. He'd also be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I'd much rather Dragic - better shooter off the ball and a better defender. He'd also be cheaper.
    He's just a better player too. Lin is ok, but Dragic is more polished and has performed on bigger stages like in the playoffs and in the World Championships.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

No doubt he's a little better of a player, but it's bout what the fans & city want to make us a LIVE franchise, if you know what I mean?

As a basketballer I think he is rubbish. His shot isnt great, he isnt athletic enough, his floor vision isnt great and worst of all he cant even handle a ball (as shown by his TO numbers which are astonishingly high) Having said that if we got him at a reasonable price Id like what it could do for the team by increasing the market. Although I would rather have Vasquez starting than Lin

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    that's a hard deal to pass up, isn't it?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Lin turns the ball over too much and doesnt play D, he'll just stay in Monty's Doghouse. PASS

whats New Orleans' asian population? Cause from my understanding Linsanity only happened because NY is a huge market. Him coming to the Hornets wouldnt be a big deal from a marketing standpoint. Without NY there is no Linsanity, you put Lin in a smaller market Linsanity never happens.

Definitely rather have Dragic.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

We can't just go out and buy a bunch of players that don't mesh, Lin does not work in Monty's defensive minded, low turnover, controlled pace game plan. He wouldn't work, and regardless of who he is, his popularity would plummet once we started to under perform from the point of view of the hype he will bring. It will look like just a bad investment and a bad choice by the organization. Trust Dell to get the players right for what he and Monty want to do, he wouldn't just go buy someone just because they looked good and were available, this is unrealistic for what they would do

Thread Information