Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: N/H Payton Suspended for 1 year

Saints N/H Payton Suspended for 1 year

dont do the crime if you cant do the time.
    i dont think bounties are as big of a deal as Goodell is making it and this suspension pretty much proves it. Everyone has this system set up but the Saints just got caught going too far.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

This WILL help the Saints.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

that is EXCESSIVE. did Bill Belicheat get a suspension?
    If Wayne is E.T.-ish tell him phone home

Quote Originally Posted by PP3istheMVP View Post
    dont do the crime if you cant do the time.
    i dont think bounties are as big of a deal as Goodell is making it and this suspension pretty much proves it. Everyone has this system set up but the Saints just got caught going too far.
    What I don't get is that the Patriots Cheated and nothing happen to them compared to this. they always talking about integrity of the game Cheating affects the integrity. Hitting is a part of the game.

Total BS! It will be appealed.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    It's overkill. Saints should have just cheated instead.

The Patriots were fined and lost a 1st Rd pick for Spygate but this suspension is wayyyyy too excessive. Ever since Goodell has become commissioner he's made this game so weak now. They might as well play 2 hand touch and thats why im starting to hate football.

Gregg Williams may be suspended for life but for now he's gone indefinitely. Just heard on SportsCenter.

Wow in contrast old Billy B up North has his team cheat and doesn't miss a game. I thought he'd get suspended but a whole season is wildly excessive.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    Total BS! It will be appealed.
    Kinda hard to win an appeal when you're doing it to the same SOB that handed down the penalty.

I think the cover up made the penalties worse. They were caught lying to the league. Usually they say the cover up was worse than the crime. I think this may be the case.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

It is way over the top. way way too excessive.

and they havent even handed down the penalties on player by player basis. come on man.

What a crappy day in NO. The weather says it all right now as well. But I'm still believing this will help the Saints someway. Thank about the obstacles we overcame, we need to sign Brees now though, he is our true leader to help us prosper.

Payton is suspended for a year with out pay. Oh, and by the way, he was scheduled to make $7 million this year. So, Belichick was fined 500k for cheating, and Payton gets fined 14x that much AND gets suspended for the year.

Oh, and by the way, this was 100% Gregg Williams' fault, and SP was trusting Joe Vitt to let him know if anything was going on. Vitt never told Payton anything, so Payton didn't even know it was this serious. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Payton is suspended for a year with out pay. Oh, and by the way, he was scheduled to make $7 million this year. So, Belichick was fined 500k for cheating, and Payton gets fined 14x that much AND gets suspended for the year.

Oh, and by the way, this was 100% Gregg Williams' fault, and SP was trusting Joe Vitt to let him know if anything was going on. Vitt never told Payton anything, so Payton didn't even know it was this serious. Ridiculous.
    I think Payton did know. They said he lied about not knowing. But he and Vitt were good friends. I'm sure Payton knew and still didn't do anything. They said Vitt and Payton lied about not knowing. They had warned the team several times as well and it kept going on.

read these 15 points this is probably why they did what they did. I still think half the season would have been fair.
    http://deadspin.com/5895249/sean-pay...nty-punishment

maybe Godell can call some NBA games with his sucky calls

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    RIDICULOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Beelos View Post
    read these 15 points this is probably why they did what they did. I still think half the season would have been fair.
    http://deadspin.com/5895249/sean-pay...nty-punishment
    If that is their evidence, it sure seems a lot of it is circumstantial and based on one person's account (I suspect that could be Williams when he spilled the beans). Odd that if Payton denies something, the evidence is "contradicted by another account." Is that he said/she said?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Anybody who reads the deadspin article can not be mad at what happened. Our leaders failed us. Point blank.

What a terribly dysfunctional time for New Orleans sports. Saints have no coaches (and maybe players) and the Hornets still have no owner (yes, I know it's happening but still). Jazz Fest can't come soon enough.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    If that is their evidence, it sure seems a lot of it is circumstantial and based on one person's account (I suspect that could be Williams when he spilled the beans). Odd that if Payton denies something, the evidence is "contradicted by another account." Is that he said/she said?
    Not true. The email confirmed that he had knowledge of the program and he lied about it. Read it again, he even admitted it when shown the email.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Payton has no one but himself to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Not true. The email confirmed that he had knowledge of the program and he lied about it. Read it again, he even admitted it when shown the email.
    It's all how it is presented. When questioned about an email from Ornstein previously, Payton said he had not seen it. So, if shown to him, he could have stated that what was in it sounded like a bounty. If he previously said he had not seen or read it, why is that not in the release? It is all about skewing the evidence to fit the agenda.

Thread Information