Pelicans Report

Thread: Samuel L. Jackson set to introduce New Orleans Hornets lineup Thursday night

Samuel L. Jackson set to introduce New Orleans Hornets lineup Thursday night

looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

I like this creative use of recently available movie stars in Hollywood South. Gets us a little more recognition.

The Franchise    Contributor   

is he going to do it dressed as Jules? is he going to drop a bunch of f-bombs about snakes? I don't get it?

He will definately scream it though!!!

All-Star
    Samuel L. Jackson is a multi-talented actor who I believe will do something funny, creative and memorable with the player introductions. And it will be family friendly. Some of his greatest roles have been far from family friendly, but remember him as the chain-smoking tech in Jurassic Park? And the Star Wars prequels?

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    I love that suddenly tons of celebrities are attending Hornets games. I remember there was a good bit back in the first season (02-03), never really kept up though. I wonder why this year, of all years?

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    There are tons of celebrities because of the film industry. Tie that in with the fact that a lot of them love basketball and that the arena is minutes from the hotels in which they stay, and that will lead you to the reason why they are at Hornets games. In all honesty, I could see this set of circumstances leading to a healthy rivalry with the Lakers.

I hope they stick around to see a good hornets team next year!!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quizjackson.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	3550

MARCO ****** BELLYNELLY

Samuel L is a national treasure!!! Who else would you call if you found snakes on the mother ******* plane!!!!

I guess he likes losing team..

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    There are tons of celebrities because of the film industry. Tie that in with the fact that a lot of them love basketball and that the arena is minutes from the hotels in which they stay, and that will lead you to the reason why they are at Hornets games.
    I get that, I'm just curious as to why there have been suddenly so many attending this year, and now the Hornets are doing the celebrity introductions. I love it, but it's just surprising that this all comes out of basically nowhere, in a down year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I get that, I'm just curious as to why there have been suddenly so many attending this year, and now the Hornets are doing the celebrity introductions. I love it, but it's just surprising that this all comes out of basically nowhere, in a down year.
    I agree and I hope it continues into the future, next year if we are a playoff/borderline play off team it could draw some attention to us.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quizjackson.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	3550

MARCO ****** BELLYNELLY
    LM********AO!!!!!!!!!!

@DatPurpleHornet

So, assuming the continued success of the film industry in South Louisiana and assuming the Hornets start winning again in seasons coming... could celebrity involvement help "up" our status a bit as a destination for FAs?
    asdfghjkl;'

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Matrix View Post
    So, assuming the continued success of the film industry in South Louisiana and assuming the Hornets start winning again in seasons coming... could celebrity involvement help "up" our status a bit as a destination for FAs?
    no doubt in my mind it would, lol.

Thread Information