Pelicans Report

Thread: New Orleans Voodoo

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar

VooDoo New Orleans Voodoo

There isn't a section for Voodoo posts and until Joe Gerrity presses Go on Voodoo247.com/VoodooReport.com this has to live here. It's semi-appropriate since they play in the Arena/Hive/Graveyard.

Anyways, I went to the game yesterday. I'm a season ticket holder. And I wrote this column about it:
    http://trewtothegame.tumblr.com/post...-of-the-season
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

Can't wait to read more from you about this team, especially after reading the first one. Got a few laughs from me lol

"then winning the battle and then seeing that the shirt was for Magnolia Ridge Apartment Homes and then giving the shirt to that kid and then that small kid tucking the huge shirt into his little shorts and looking like a real huge nerd. "

@DatPurpleHornet

STH here as well.

I missed the game due to some academic obligations.

I predict this will get moved from the Nest into one of the other sports areas . . . or around town . . .

Isn't the New Orleans VooDoo the team that moved from Shreveport? I went to a few games up here, it was pretty fun.

Shreveport / Bossier City Battlewings

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    Isn't the New Orleans VooDoo the team that moved from Shreveport? I went to a few games up here, it was pretty fun.
    Was a terrible product here last year. I had season tickets for the Night and the old VooDoo and bought season tickets to this "new" VooDoo last year. However, the difference was night and day. This new organization has terrible customer service and completely messed up a lot of accounts. I chose not to renew based mainly on the amateurish way they handle the accounts. I hope they work their kinks out. Based on the look of the crowd yesterday, it is not looking good.

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Was a terrible product here last year. I had season tickets for the Night and the old VooDoo and bought season tickets to this "new" VooDoo last year. However, the difference was night and day. This new organization has terrible customer service and completely messed up a lot of accounts. I chose not to renew based mainly on the amateurish way they handle the accounts. I hope they work their kinks out. Based on the look of the crowd yesterday, it is not looking good.
    I heard this as well and the whispers yesterday was that they are definitely fixing what needed to be fixed. Maybe give them another shot when you're up for it?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    After last year, and seeing how that voodooreport.com site is ran, I just can't find much interest in the Voodoo.

The fact that it's fake football doesn't help much either.

It was a cluster-opportunity-for-improvement. The PA was too loud, too.

So far, so good. Not sure about the PA.

How was the crowd yesterday?
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Thanks for the write up. I'm going to the game next next weekend, and looking forward to it as I haven't been since the 'old' voodoo were here.

They definetly need to work on their tv deal with cst...it is almost impossible to catch the games on tv (which can't help rebuilding the fan base!). I mean, the tape delay is bad enough, but at least air it at a reasonable hour. It's a shame cause, from what I remember, there was usually a pretty good crowd at the games during the original voodoo's tenure.

All the games can be seen live on the AFL's ustream page, http://www.ustream.tv/afl and a majority of the games can be seen on COX4 and some are on NFL Network.

Thread Information