Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nene to wizzards.. mcgee to denver.. nick young to clippers..

Quote Originally Posted by ATR22 View Post
    good thing about this deal is that if Wizards pick before us in the draft they are less likely to pick A. Drummond.
    some would say that's not a good thing

Well they'd be wrong bc we should take the best player available to build the right way. And after A. Davis he's the one

regardless of what people say about young this was great for clips, get a scoring guard for essentially nothing, doesnt replace chauncey but young does make the team better and adds the depth lost when chauncey went out

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Hopefully Nene can give the Wizards a few extra wins. #2 lottery spot would be great.

I like it for the Clips though. Young is only guaranteed the rest of this year, so if he pans out playing with CP, then they got themselves their SG of the future. If he doesn't work out, then don't re-sign him. Gave up hardly anything to get him.

Not sure how I feel about this for Denver. Denver could be a good fit for McGee, but it's really hard to tell.

Anthony Davis is so good. Will be great once he fills out some. #1 pick would turn this team around real quick

Well this should definitely give the Wizards more wins this year. Looks like we'll be #2 worst record.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Drummond is no where near the second best player in this draft. T Rob/MKG/Barnes/Sullinger should all be drafted over him. He really should stay at UConn for at least one more year. He's not even good at rebounding and he's the biggest player on the court. That tells me all I need to know about him.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Drummond is no where near the second best player in this draft. T Rob/MKG/Barnes/Sullinger should all be drafted over him. He really should stay at UConn for at least one more year. He's not even good at rebounding and he's the biggest player on the court. That tells me all I need to know about him.
    with some development he becomes the 2nd best player, easily. If we are "rebuilding" its important to do it right...draft the most talented player available and develop him. Okafor will be around for 3 more years so there is no pressure on him to be great right away. We do not need to try to "rebuild" in one offseason but rather take steps forward towards a rebuild. Being impatient as a small market team gets you a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit at best.

Drummond would've been the 1st pick if he could have been drafted out of high school. His size and athleticism alone make him a better NBA prospect than anyone you listed. I do agree that he would benefit from another year in college but being picked 2nd in the draft will be hard to pass up.

We could potentially land Drummond/Davis and Sullinger

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    with some development he becomes the 2nd best player, easily. If we are "rebuilding" its important to do it right...draft the most talented player available and develop him. Okafor will be around for 3 more years so there is no pressure on him to be great right away. We do not need to try to "rebuild" in one offseason but rather take steps forward towards a rebuild. Being impatient as a small market team gets you a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit at best.

Drummond would've been the 1st pick if he could have been drafted out of high school. His size and athleticism alone make him a better NBA prospect than anyone you listed. I do agree that he would benefit from another year in college but being picked 2nd in the draft will be hard to pass up.

We could potentially land Drummond/Davis and Sullinger

Or he becomes the next Kwame Brown, Jonathan Bender, etc. I'd much rather a safer pick which all of the guys I listed are

Well they'd be wrong bc we should take the best player available to build the right way. And after A. Davis he's the one
    He is not the 2nd best player. that is your opinion. He is extremely raw and I want no part of him at the number 2 spot.

If we take Drummond with the Minny pick I'd be upset. He is literally average at the college level, despite his size and athleticism and the NBA is a whole new deal, if you cant use your physical tools to dominate college there is no hope in the NBA. I'd take Jeremy Lamb, Shabazz Napier* and maybe even Boatright* over him. He has bust written all over him, I'd rather take someone like Quincy Acy from Baylor. Anyone who thinks he is even close to top 2 let alone 5 in the draft must have not bothere watching College Ball this year, and just be thinking about his rep out of High School.

* would not actually take them over Drummond as there would be better alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Or he becomes the next Kwame Brown, Jonathan Bender, etc. I'd much rather a safer pick which all of the guys I listed are
    when rebuilding Safe picks make you a future 1st round playoff exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    He is not the 2nd best player. that is your opinion. He is extremely raw and I want no part of him at the number 2 spot.
    And that's your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo_07 View Post
    If we take Drummond with the Minny pick I'd be upset. He is literally average at the college level, despite his size and athleticism and the NBA is a whole new deal, if you cant use your physical tools to dominate college there is no hope in the NBA. I'd take Jeremy Lamb, Shabazz Napier* and maybe even Boatright* over him. He has bust written all over him, I'd rather take someone like Quincy Acy from Baylor. Anyone who thinks he is even close to top 2 let alone 5 in the draft must have not bothere watching College Ball this year, and just be thinking about his rep out of High School.
    He's better than average.

I will admit he hasn't lived up to the hype he had coming out of HS. His struggles this year were largely bc he was able to do whatever he wanted in HS and he is learning to play with and against people of comparable talent. The guy is huge and a freak athlete which doesn't come around that often. With development he will be a STUD. Very similar everything to Dwight when he came out of HS. I won't say he'll become Dwight but that isn't out of the realm of possibilities. If you have watched UCONN lately you would have noticed that he has been playing much better and is already 10 times better than he was at the beginning of the year.
    Last edited by ATR22; 03-15-2012 at 08:04 PM.

If CP3 gets Young to fall in line (which I think he will) as a spot up shooter then this is a sick trade considering the Clips gave up almost nothing.

Denver now has McGee and Faried manning the front court; that's an impressive defensive/athletic combo. And if they can re-sign Wilson with the cap space then I like this move for the Nuggets. They weren't winning a championship this year and Nene has been injured, so it just helps them in the long run.

Dwight to Denver? Think I'm gonna start this rumor.. hahah

I'm pretty high on Thomas Robinson.

Davis 1a
    T Rob 1b

There's no guarantee Drummond will develop. He has potential, but its a high risk choice. Does he have the work ethic to improve? How long will he take to develop? Dwight Howard was already a solid pro in his rookie year. Drummond isn't really a solid college player right now. No way he would have had the same kind of rookie year compared to Howard. He's really not anywhere close to Howard. Give me Sullinger any day of the week.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I think Sullinger will be a better pro compared to Robinson.

we could potentially have 2 top10 picks and get Davis/Drummond and sullinger. I would love that bc our frontline would be set for the future. I am also High on Sullinger bc he is so far ahead of everyone else skill wise and has shown he has a decent and developing shot from deep.

we could potentially have 2 top10 picks and get Davis/Drummond and sullinger. I would love that bc our frontline would be set for the future. I am also High on Sullinger bc he is so far ahead of everyone else skill wise and has shown he has a decent and developing shot from deep.
    I don't think Sullinger will fall. He's my number two behind Davis. I think he has more upside than Robinson or Barnes. His post game will translate better in the pros compared to what Robinson or Barnes can do offensively.

I would take Drummond with the Minny pick if he's available.

Davis followed by T-Rob fo sho

Quote Originally Posted by carpo_07 View Post

* would not actually take them over Drummond as there would be better alternatives

Wouldn't Drummond be a steal with the Minny pick.

worst case scenario : our pick dropped to #7 and Davis, TRob, Barnes, MKG, Sully and Drummond are all gone. who would we pick?

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    worst case scenario : our pick dropped to #7 and Davis, TRob, Barnes, MKG, Sully and Drummond are all gone. who would we pick?

I don't think that's possible with our current position.

Barnes and Sully anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    Lottery is only for top 3 picks. Everything else is by record.

Thread Information