Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread VS Chicago 2/28/12

Quote Originally Posted by wopester View Post
    bulls announcers are the worst in sports history
    OKC, Portland, and Boston are all so much worse.

Kaman was open.

i think monty just told jack to take it because he wanted to lose

Well that stinks...only way to stop the hurt would be Minnesota losing tonight

Where is EG!!!!!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

best game of the year (in my opinion). don't care if its an L. this is my favorite game of the season

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    HA! No Big Macs for Chi-Town.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    best game of the year (in my opinion). don't care if its an L. this is my favorite game of the season
    Hard to top the 30 point defeat of the Magic after a 9 game losing streak for me. but this is up there.

EDIT - completely take that back. Beating the Knicks, in New York, to halt Linsanity is one of my favorite Hornets games of all time.
    Last edited by groundpatty; 02-28-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Beli gets a tank assist

That was such a bad play by JJ. That much time on the clock and no rebounders?? Breaks my heart because they really played up.

Quote Originally Posted by supermati View Post
    Kaman was open.
    Kaman played pretty bad today.

Lol oh well. We played tough, and it was an entertaining game. Losing is still a win, remember!

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Our set offense was excellent during our comeback, do not like the isolation play for Jack to drive against one of the fastest players in the league and into the heart of their D.

Team played great though, very proud of them. The youngins are coming along, loved what I saw out of Xavier tonight, minus some brain farts.

@DatPurpleHornet

Jack leads the team really well in the 4th. I also like M-Dub's decision to have Vasquez start and Jack lead the bench.

wut? I wouldn't say bad.

17pts, 11reb, 5asst.

He was 7-18, but to say he played bad isn't right.

Good Tank tonight Hornets!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    Kaman played pretty bad today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    HA! No Big Macs for Chi-Town.
    This makes me feel better...nothing like ruining someone's date

All I have to say is

Geaux Clips

We kinda have to hope every game ends like this for the rest of the season. It's tough, but this team is showing glimpses of greatness. We're one "closer" away from winning a ton of games next year.

We will be good once EJ comes back. I bet we are a playoff team next year

Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
    wut? I wouldn't say bad.

17pts, 11reb, 5asst.

He was 7-18, but to say he played bad isn't right.
    4 turnovers in the last 21 mins he was on the floor isnt great either, hes a decent player just oak is better. Kaman is shootin pretty much 41% from the floor and makes one turnover in less than every 10 minutes (oak makes one about every 20) if him shootin 7/18 was a rareity it could be excused.

A good centre should be hitting about 50% from the field. The thing that possibly annoys me most about Kaman is, unlike every other centre in the league who receives and entry pass, then looks for a cutter, then if there is nothing starts to do his own thing, Kaman just tries to get his own shot up and not bother. Each game Ayon gets under the hoop with his man sealed and Kaman still jacks up a fade away 17fter. and compare the 2 on defense, worlds apart. All seriously good teams in the NBA have good interior defense, any team with Kaman will not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carpo_07 View Post
    4 turnovers in the last 21 mins he was on the floor isnt great either, hes a decent player just oak is better. Kaman is shootin pretty much 41% from the floor and makes one turnover in less than every 10 minutes (oak makes one about every 20) if him shootin 7/18 was a rareity it could be excused.

A good centre should be hitting about 50% from the field. The thing that possibly annoys me most about Kaman is, unlike every other centre in the league who receives and entry pass, then looks for a cutter, then if there is nothing starts to do his own thing, Kaman just tries to get his own shot up and not bother. Each game Ayon gets under the hoop with his man sealed and Kaman still jacks up a fade away 17fter. and compare the 2 on defense, worlds apart. All seriously good teams in the NBA have good interior defense, any team with Kaman will not.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I LOVE the way this team plays. Just gets me that much more excited for the future. It's good to have vets like Jack, Kaman, Ariza, and Belinelli to help out with the young players because they get to learn from them. Can only imagine how we will be when EJ comes back and when we get our draft picks. Pretty excited.

Can't wait to see this team live for the first time on Saturday.
    Last edited by kinglio21093; 02-29-2012 at 04:32 AM.

I don't mind losing that game because honestly we shouldn't have never been that close to the Bulls. I love the coaching job that Monty and his staff are doing with minimal talent, ad the future is VERY bright... however... I'm willing to bet my house that Jack didn't run the play that Monty called on that last play.

Jack has to go, and as much as I like Kaman's game... he's killing us with the ill-advised jumpers and the turnovers. He scored alot of points but was terribly inefficient. I like the rebound and block numbers from last night but he doesn't play that was on a consistent basis.

The trade deadline will be interesting.

Thread Information