Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who do the top prospects remind you of?? (Floor/Ceiling)

Banned

Question Who do the top prospects remind you of?? (Floor/Ceiling)

Just curious who some of the top guys remind you of currently in the league..?

Davis - At best he could be L. Aldridge w/ way better defense and rebounding. Worst case would be M. Camby.

Barnes - Best I see him as a J. Johnson. Worst M. Williams with a better jumpshot.

Sullinger - I really like him, I think he could be a K. Love type of player. At worst Z. Randolph.

Robinson - I like his ability to finish with both hands so I'd say a more athletic D. West who defends and rebounds. Worst case C. Landry.

MKG - To me he is a more athletic Ariza, I am really not that impressed with him when I watch honestly. Worst case a young J. Posey.

Lamb - R. Hamilton with better defense. Worst case G. Neal.

Beal - E. Gordon. Worst less eratic J.R. Smith.

Jones - If he develops, a poor mans K. Durant (kid is talented). Worst Cedric Simmons (whoa).

Marshall - I REALLY like this kid. He will be a more athletic Andre Miller and is a phenominal passer. Worst case E. Snow, but I just don't see that happening. This kid is a gifted passer.

What do you all think, just curious??

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I don't much get the Kevin Love/Sullinger comparisons. Heard several people say it, and I just don't see it at all, and if his floor was Zach Randolph then he would be the #1 easily. I could see his ceiling being Randolph though.

Davis' ceiling is higher than Aldridge, I would say his ceiling is closer to Kevin Garnette. However I agree about Camby being his floor.

Barnes is closer to Paul Pierce or Danny Granger than Joe Johnson IMO, but I get the comparison.

The rest I would agree with.

Davis: Garnett/Ibaka (I used to think Camby was the floor, it think Ibaka will have a better career than Camby and is a better floor comparison)
    Barnes: Granger/Caron Butler
    Sullinger: Brand/Bass
    Robinson: Paul Millsap 2.0/Taj Gibson 2.0
    MKG: Iguodala/Ariza
    Lamb: Roy/Richardson
    Beal: Harden/Thorton
    Jones: Richard Lewis/Randolf
    Marshall: Calderon/Vasques

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Davis: Garnett/Ibaka (I used to think Camby was the floor, it think Ibaka will have a better career than Camby and is a better floor comparison)
    Didn't have one of these that I disagreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Didn't have one of these that I disagreed with.
    That list seemed a lot more reasonable to me that what is normally thrown out too. So basically Davis, Barnes and Lamb are the only guys with Quasi Allstar floors.

Davis - best: KG Worst Camby/Ibaka

Barnes - Best: Danny Granger

Sullinger - best: Randolph Worst- Boozer

MKG - Best- Andre Iguodala/Marion worst- Ariza

Lamb - Best case: Brandon Roy. Worst case Rip Hamilton
    Last edited by speedyG; 02-24-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Robinson might be there as well. He's kind of an enigma to me. I like Robinson, but Beasley had seemingly as much talent as Robinson, if not more, and he will never be an allstar. So for now, I'll set his floor a little lower than quasi allstar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Yeah I actually like that one better than mine too.

It's kind of silly to compare players to former players in my opinion but I do it also.

Robinson is a more physical Kris Humphries.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Anthony Davis's ceiling is somewhere between Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan. His floor is Marcus Camby.

Harrison Barnes's ceiling is a Paul Pierce/Melo mix with a better 3pt shot and less selfish than Melo. His floor is a slightly bigger Josh Howard.

Drummond's ceiling is Dwight Howard with a dash of Amar'e. His floor is a FAR less boneheaded JaVale McGee.

Banned
    drummond is the biggest concern

Banned
    might be okafor 2.0 more than anything and okafor was more polished

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Davis: Chris Bosh meets Marcus Camby / Tyson Chandler
    Barnes: Rich mans Luol Deng / Rich mans Travis Outlaw
    Sullinger: Kevin Love / Mareese Speights
    Robinson: Poor mans Blake Griffin / Brandon Bass
    MKG: Gerald Wallace meets Iggy / Trevor Ariza
    Lamb: Rip Hamilton / Rudy Fernandez
    Beal: Ray Allen / James Harden
    Jones: Rashard Lewis / Anthony Randolph
    Marshall: Jason Kidd / Ramon Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Anthony Davis's ceiling is somewhere between Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan. His floor is Marcus Camby.

Harrison Barnes's ceiling is a Paul Pierce/Melo mix with a better 3pt shot and less selfish than Melo. His floor is a slightly bigger Josh Howard.

Drummond's ceiling is Dwight Howard with a dash of Amar'e. His floor is a FAR less boneheaded JaVale McGee.
    I'd say his floor is DJ Mbenga or Kwame

Quote Originally Posted by carpo_07 View Post
    I'd say his floor is DJ Mbenga or Kwame
    Funny guy.

Funny guy.
    If I would have told you a couple of years ago that Hasheem Thabeet would be a huge bust, you would have called me crazy. While I think it would be very suprising if Drummond didn't turn out to be a solid role player, you cannot say for a fact that any player will be good or not.

If I would have told you a couple of years ago that Hasheem Thabeet would be a huge bust, you would have called me crazy. While I think it would be very suprising if Drummond didn't turn out to be a solid role player, you cannot say for a fact that any player will be good or not.
    Point of fact, I would've agreed with you. I stopped thinking of Thabeet as anything special when I saw him get manhandled by DeJuan Blair. Literally manhandled. Plus, I just don't like players shaped up like him health-wise. I don't know if he's had any injury problems yet, but people that big almost always wind up with short careers thanks to knee and/or foot issues.

Human beings just aren't made to handle that kinda activity at that size for very long.

Point of fact, I would've agreed with you. I stopped thinking of Thabeet as anything special when I saw him get manhandled by DeJuan Blair. Literally manhandled. Plus, I just don't like players shaped up like him health-wise. I don't know if he's had any injury problems yet, but people that big almost always wind up with short careers thanks to knee and/or foot issues.

Human beings just aren't made to handle that kinda activity at that size for very long.
    •Still very raw, especially offensively

This is a term that is thrown around alot as part of a description for Drummond. I also copied and pasted it from a draft article on ESPN about Thabeet (Here is a LINK but don't bother if you aren't an insider). And good for you, if you really saw the fact that Thabeet was Thabust before most people. But what I meant was, most people thought he would be great, and not just people, but paid scouts who are there to try and tell the drafters who has the most talent. My point is, NOONE is free of the label bust.

Drummond - Amare at best, Deandre at worst

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Just curious who some of the top guys remind you of currently in the league..?

Davis - At best he could be L. Aldridge w/ way better defense and rebounding. Worst case would be M. Camby.

Barnes - Best I see him as a J. Johnson. Worst M. Williams with a better jumpshot.

Sullinger - I really like him, I think he could be a K. Love type of player. At worst Z. Randolph.

Robinson - I like his ability to finish with both hands so I'd say a more athletic D. West who defends and rebounds. Worst case C. Landry.

MKG - To me he is a more athletic Ariza, I am really not that impressed with him when I watch honestly. Worst case a young J. Posey.

Lamb - R. Hamilton with better defense. Worst case G. Neal.

Beal - E. Gordon. Worst less eratic J.R. Smith.

Jones - If he develops, a poor mans K. Durant (kid is talented). Worst Cedric Simmons (whoa).

Marshall - I REALLY like this kid. He will be a more athletic Andre Miller and is a phenominal passer. Worst case E. Snow, but I just don't see that happening. This kid is a gifted passer.

What do you all think, just curious??
    Pretty solid except on Marshall. I still do not understand while people are so high on him. Is it just bc this pg crop is so weak?

•Still very raw, especially offensively

This is a term that is thrown around alot as part of a description for Drummond. I also copied and pasted it from a draft article on ESPN about Thabeet (Here is a LINK but don't bother if you aren't an insider). And good for you, if you really saw the fact that Thabeet was Thabust before most people. But what I meant was, most people thought he would be great, and not just people, but paid scouts who are there to try and tell the drafters who has the most talent. My point is, NOONE is free of the label bust.
    Duly noted. Still, don't see Drummond turning into a DJ Mbenga or Kwame Brown, even all things considered.

If I'm OKC i draft Marshall. I don't like him either but i think he could develop a nice 3 point jumper, and he can pass and create for shooters. It allows Westbrook to play his natural position without giving up height on defense (Marshall is 6'4''). Marshall will never be more than a roll player but he could be very valuable to a team that has stars but needs a floor general to run the offense and decide who shoots when.

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    Drummond - Amare at best, Deandre at worst
    again i think the at worsts for drummond arent bad enough. Deandre at worst? Drummond cant even have as much of an impact on a college game as Deandre can in the NBA. + Whilst i admit he is athletic i dnt think he is as athletic as dwight or stat

davis - KG all day long/ camby
    barnes - granger/ deng
    sully - boozer/ randolph
    robinson - griffin/ landry
    mkg - Iggy/ Ariza
    Lamb - Rip/ crappy Tmac
    Beal - Ray allen/ Gordon
    Jones - Josh Smith/ marvin williams

Thread Information