Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseNoKrewe View Post
    Agreed Joe. No, this is not my first post. I was on here from day 1 when we were arguing with some of the fools from Charlotte about the possibility of relocation. It's been a while however and I forgot my log in info so I began anew. Yes, I do go to games...about 15-20 per season. Wish it was more.

Okay, I know there is a need to brand this team with something that represents the city. I get it. But if we're going to force it and be something like the Krewe, the Parades, the Deanies Seafood Platters, the Neutral Grounds near Delgado at New Orleans, or the Hubigs, can we please just stay the Hornets (and tweak the colors)? When it comes to team names, I'm no fan of weather names, chemical reactions, foods, events, or stuff ya mamma used to say. In my humble opinion Krewe is a horrible name. Nothing about it is sports oriented other than being a group of people.

Of all the names I have seen so far, Pelicans would work best. It is representative, easy to depict, and has a real history. I would be open to other possibilities. I love Mardi Gras but please No Krewe. For the record, New Orleanians (the real ones) are not Cajuns nor are they Coonasses (see Cajuns).
    Pelican is also some sissy mascot along the line of the Chapel Chipmunks or the Mount Carmel Cubs. I would rather my mascot not be seen as a cute Disney character.

Knights - anyone have some good logos for Knights?

Love the Pelicans. Love the Brass. Nothing but positive vibes for the Voo Doo. The Krewe, however, would be the worst mascot choise sice Auburn got that gimp vulture to fly across the field. In fact, I'll go so far as saying those who want the name "Krewe" are nothing more that front-runners, who would like nothing more to see our team fail and then move to the Pacific Northwest. Please do make my hometown heroes bear this yolk, noose tightenting with each and step.
    Last edited by Joe Horn-et; 04-19-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn-et View Post
    Love the Pelicans. Love the Brass. Nothing but positive vibes for the Voo Doo. The Krewe, however, would be the worst mascot choise sice Auburn got that gimp vulture to fly across the field. In fact, I'll go so far as saying those who want the name "Krewe" are nothing more that front-runners, who would like nothing more to see our team fail and then move to the Pacific Northwest. Please do make my hometown heroes bear this yolk, noose tightenting with each and step.
    I am a fan of Voodoo too, but the Brass and Pelicans are absolutely sissy names. I mean what are fans going to say "Oh look the big scawy medal is going to dunky on us...Oh you mean itsa twumpet. Now we scared". And I would rather not cheer for a team with the bird version of Charlie Weiss for a mascot. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...kb6zyT9h3cfsug http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...84_389183a.jpg
    Last edited by Rugger; 04-19-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Here are my choices: just spitballing

New Orleans Carnival
    New Orleans Gators
    New Orleans Hurricanes
    New Orleans Zydeco
    New Orleans Crescents
    New Orleans Zombies just a joke haha
    New Orleans Shoremen
    New Orleans Sportsmen
    New Orleans Dixie

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I am a fan of Voodoo too, but the Brass and Pelicans are absolutely sissy names. I mean what are fans going to say "Oh look the big scawy medal is going to dunky on us...Oh you mean itsa twumpet. Now we scared". And I would rather not cheer for a team with the bird version of Charlie Weiss for a mascot. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...kb6zyT9h3cfsug http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...84_389183a.jpg
    all this from someone who chose to showoff a kitten who appears to be a distant relative of the gremlin?...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    all this from someone who chose to showoff a kitten who appears to be a distant relative of the gremlin?...
    Hey you leave my cat out of this. He would tear off your pinky toe with a few well timed and precision placed swipes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    No offense, I think Krewe is a terrible name for this team. Yes, you want to have something that resembles the city but also have a name that makes sense to other fans. I'm pretty sure at least 90% of the people outside of Louisiana don't know what "Krewe" resembles.

Don't like Pelicans either. Sounds more of a baseball name to me.

The ones that really make sense are Voodoo and Brass.

Hey you leave my cat out of this. He would tear off your pinky toe with a few well timed and precision placed swipes.
    all kidding aside, he/she takes cuteness to a new level! oh, you already said he was a he...

new team name

new orleans mardi gras

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    No offense, I think Krewe is a terrible name for this team. Yes, you want to have something that resembles the city but also have a name that makes sense to other fans. I'm pretty sure at least 90% of the people outside of Louisiana don't know what "Krewe" resembles.

Don't like Pelicans either. Sounds more of a baseball name to me.

The ones that really make sense are Voodoo and Brass.
    People will think of Brass as a mediocre medal and laugh with they find out it is a band.

Voodoo is cool. Krewe is unique, marketable, and fan identifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    I am sure that took more nerve than my first post....

Quote Originally Posted by indiansaint01 View Post
    Here are my choices: just spitballing

New Orleans Carnival
    New Orleans Gators
    New Orleans Hurricanes
    New Orleans Zydeco
    New Orleans Crescents
    New Orleans Zombies just a joke haha
    New Orleans Shoremen
    New Orleans Sportsmen
    New Orleans Dixie
    I want Hustlers. It is a play off the Saints (Good vs. Evil), it has a basketball connection, and we could have a pimp in a colorful leopard spotted polyester trench coat for a mascot. Oh and he could have a jester on the top of his motivation stick. I mean imagine the photos with the Honey Bees. Instant success. Where's BigDub?

It's better than Brass or Pelicans

cmon now, stop making threads like these. theres already a stickied rebrand thread

It's better than Brass or Pelicans
    meow....

Quote Originally Posted by vphornet View Post
    new orleans mardi gras
    Sticky at the top of the page for rebranding ideas.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    We sure are getting alot of new members since Benson mentioned rebrand.

if someone could offer the Swap Donkeys as their final suggestion, I was thinking I might be able to come up with one of my own...you are welcome to boo one too, but what would you think about the New Orleans Tradition?

But Mardi Gras comes from places like France. It doesn't "represent" 'us'.

Not all traditions "represent" 'us'. Mardi Grad represents France, right? Voodoo, Caribbean. Brass, the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    We sure are getting alot of new members since Benson mentioned rebrand.
    That's how I prefer to look at it too. Positivity!

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Not all traditions "represent" 'us'. Mardi Grad represents France, right? Voodoo, Caribbean. Brass, the Mediterranean.
    oh, my....aren't we on a uniqueness roll this morning...

I feel like Blaqmoon now. All of this rebrand talk has me sick of it.

Thread Information