Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread

Quote Originally Posted by Panic Hoops View Post
    all songs are made up.

And you found part of the point.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    It's really difficult to have a discussion about color, I think, but I'll try. I had never heard of "creole blue" before the Hornets debuted that jersey. To me, I don't think you can just create a name for a color (which to me looks like most other blues) and have it fit your city. Team colors obviously have to start somewhere, which is why this argument is hard to make. Someone had to make the decision to adorn the Saints in black and gold. But in my opinion, you can't just say "creole blue represents New Orleans" when the color was created 3 or 4 years ago just for that purpose. It's odd to me. There are several colors I associate with my city, but creole blue certainly isn't one.

The song argument is different. A song can be created for a team, for a city, for anything. Songs are easier to designate. That color was a color before it was "creole blue."
    I actually didn't mean for you to have to write so much.

I like that blue more than most, and the name has an air of pandering, but I've seen blue houses around town. It's also there to keep a connection to teal and Carolina blue thay Shinn so adored.

Fine.

Black and gold came from an oil pun, so they only represent something cultural now.

If I can pun and things likes, find a house with thay color, bring out Degas stuff in that hue, point to Creoles and Blues.

People take this too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDude21 View Post
    Changing the hornets name and (or) the team colors would be a bad move. Most people here are saying they should change the name to krewe or brass. First of all can you really imagine E.Gordon or any hornets player saying "I'm happy to be a member of the Krewe(Crew)"? Jus sounds silly to have a pro sports team basically named the crew. Second of all what other NBA team does the Brass sound like??? Third the hornets have three different logos, one of them being the NOLA with the gold horn (hence the name HORNets) fourth and foremost remember when the wizards wore black and gold uniforms? That color scheme doesn't work too well in the NBA and we already have a team in the city with the same color scheme. The hornets are it's own franchise and has it's OWN identity. I love the color scheme, the name, and the logos(one of the best in the NBA)

The thing that irritates me the most is that many people in the city don't give the hornets a chance. If we can support the hornets like we do the saints, a rebrand/color change wouldn't be a problem (if anything, the saints need to add more unis, put a stripe on the jersey or something!)

Keep the hornets the way they are because after all purple, gold, and creole blue does represent the city of new Orleans
    I agree. I love the Hornets AND the city of New Orleans, but based on my visits there it is obvious it is a Saints town. I wish New Orleans would give the HORNETS a chance. If they win a championship nobody will ever call them Charlotte accidentally again.

Why such things are issues with New Orleans, Charlotte, or Hornets rarher than the oerson making a mistake or being an idiot, I don't know.

Some people are very insecure.

One idiot calls us Charlotte, and he's an idiot.

Two idiots call us Charlotte, and they're just a couple of idiots.

If thousands of people call us Charlotte on a consistent basis, they're a GAGGLE of idiots. But they're also loud, and overbearing, and hard to ignore at that point.

We need a way to silence the idiot gaggle.

"Don't hate media; become the media."

I do agree with you. Changing names doesn't fix the idiocy, just changes the idiotic thing they'll say about us.

listening to WWL(yea I know) and hearing people call in with the most asinine name suggestions is painful. what's more disturbing is that most of them calling in with these names sound so serious. The Chefs, The Mardi Gras, ugh just stop!

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I just CAN'T hate on this, even if I'm shaky on the name. Makes you realize how important a nice design/uni is.

Wherehappens.

This might be a dumb one, but what about Hustlers?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    This might be a dumb one, but what about Hustlers?
    There are no dumb names.

Except Hornets. That name means nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	3631

Boom. Do it.

The debrand.

A favorite of mine.

Why did BigDub delete his uniforms?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    Why did BigDub delete his uniforms?
    When you're tryin' to blow up big, you can't have your stuff floodin' the market all premature 'n' ****, ya 'erd?

That is to say *ahem* it is an unwise business practice to garishly flaunt your product before it's time. Most unprofessional.

why not the new orleans spice with a red and black color

Quote Originally Posted by k-slay View Post
    why not the new orleans spice with a red and black color
    New Orleans Spice sound WNBA or D-League to me also red and black reminds me of ATL Falcons, ewww

Banned
    no blue in the color scheme blue is on like half of the teams still think we should pull a three team swap with utah and charlotte but utah is so bland what could they call themselves besides mormans

Quote Originally Posted by laclife View Post
    no blue in the color scheme blue is on like half of the teams still think we should pull a three team swap with utah and charlotte but utah is so bland what could they call themselves besides mormans
    Utah is to hard headed wont admit theres no Jazz in Utah. But jokes on them because whether they like it or not they have been representing New Orleans on there Jersey for the last 33yrs.

What do you think of New Orleans Pilots?

its Riverboat pilot not airplane pilot.

Been suggesting it for a couple days now and have heard no feedback on it.

Can stay with the nautical theme and I think it sounds better than corsairs and captains and its would also be original to Nola unlike breakers.

BigDub told me he may put a concept together for me.

Krewe of New Orleans is the best I have heard thus far
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Even if the official name is Krewe of New Orleans, the team will likely be called the New Orleans Krewe just as every other NBA team is referred to as the City Name - Mascot.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

How about the New Orleans Gambit?

Draft Pick
    I kno right! We are lucky to Still have an NBA team to begin with. But the unis and name will most likely be changed. I jus got a bad feeling about all of this.

But no matter what their name is or how they'll look, I'm predicting they will be the most improved team in the NBA next season

Quote Originally Posted by NYHornetsFan View Post
    How about the New Orleans Gambit?
    Only if Rémy LeBeau is our mascot.

^^^^^^^^This ^^^^^^^^^

Thread Information