Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I would not want "Cresent City." It has to be New Orleans ______ .
    I agree. I want to see New Orleans. More professional.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There is absolutely not going to be a concensus. Someone has an issue with every name.

It's too WNBA.
    It's too Arena Football.
    It's too cliche.
    It's too unprofessional.

Screw it. I'm back to Krewe. It's all comes full circle. The first name you liked is the one you should just stick to.

Unless that's the Hornets. In that case, your opinion doesn't matter.

The more I think about "Captains" the more I like it. It isn't over the top New Orleans, but still has plenty of ties to the city and region because of the river, Mardi Gras Krewe Captains and New Orleans earliest settlers and explorers like Iberville. To me it would be like combining the breakers, corsairs, and krewe concepts together.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    My top 3 right now are 1. Brass 2a. Voodoo 2b. Krewe (cant' decide). While I like Krewe a lot, I don't think it resonates outside of New Orleans as well as Brass and Voodoo. I am currently studying abroad, and mentioned the possible names to some people, everytime I was given a funny look about Krewe, and asked about it. The one that other people over here seemed to like was Arc Angels, which is probably my fourth choice.

However, one name ive only seen mentioned vaguely is the JESTERS. What do people think of that? It roles off the tongue, and is definitely mardi gras/new orleans related?

Quote Originally Posted by pjk481 View Post
    My top 3 right now are 1. Brass 2a. Voodoo 2b. Krewe (cant' decide). While I like Krewe a lot, I don't think it resonates outside of New Orleans as well as Brass and Voodoo. I am currently studying abroad, and mentioned the possible names to some people, everytime I was given a funny look about Krewe, and asked about it. The one that other people over here seemed to like was Arc Angels, which is probably my fourth choice.

However, one name ive only seen mentioned vaguely is the JESTERS. What do people think of that? It roles off the tongue, and is definitely mardi gras/new orleans related?
    That's what I'm talking about!

Jesters is a good name. How sad is it that the minor league teams here have better names than our NBA team.

My choices are Arc Angels, Buccaneers, VooDoo.

New Orleans Bayou hasn't sunk in yet.

This has been a recommendation of mine from the beginning, but I'd hate to get the "Laughing stock of the league" type of negativity, ya know?

I really think we can make it more or less a Voodoo type of character too to add some edge.

I don't want these exact images for a logo, just an example of making the jester more menacing...

@DatPurpleHornet

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    hey bigdub, have you done any "Jesters" mock ups in the past? and if not, could you maybe come up with a concept whenever you get the time? I don't post very often, but ive been a lurker for many years and a big fan of your work!

Quote Originally Posted by crescentcityboi View Post
    "The Dukes" DOES have a ring to it though
    Thank you for your support. Please continue to spread the word

New Orleans Dukes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
    The more I think about "Captains" the more I like it. It isn't over the top New Orleans, but still has plenty of ties to the city and region because of the river, Mardi Gras Krewe Captains and New Orleans earliest settlers and explorers like Iberville. To me it would be like combining the breakers, corsairs, and krewe concepts together.
    Good job! Thank you for your support as well.

New Orleans Captains!

also

New Orleans Dukes!!

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    The New Orleans David Dukes~

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    The New Orleans David Dukes~
    he can't live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There is absolutely not going to be a concensus. Someone has an issue with every name.

It's too WNBA.
    It's too Arena Football.
    It's too cliche.
    It's too unprofessional.

Screw it. I'm back to Krewe. It's all comes full circle. The first name you liked is the one you should just stick to.

Unless that's the Hornets. In that case, your opinion doesn't matter.
    Good choice my friend! Ditch those other wussy names. ; )

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I like Jesters but we already have a professional soccer team named that. Not that it matters much.
    Wherehappens.

I would not buy merchandise with Voodoo crap on it... There are a lot of female fans, such as myself, and older fans who I do not see really wanting to walk around with skulls and crap on their hats or sweatshirts. But that's just me. I also think about the make-believe religious and superstitious folks in this region who would totally be against it.

An image I found online, changed the colors to match more Mardi Gras New Orleans style for Jesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    I would not buy merchandise with Voodoo crap on it... There are a lot of female fans, such as myself, and older fans who I do not see really wanting to walk around with skulls and crap on their hats or sweatshirts. But that's just me. I also think about the make-believe religious and superstitious folks in this region who would totally be against it.
    I'm with you! Don't like the witchcraft.

why would we wanna be clowns?

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    why would we wanna be clowns?
    Why would we want to be ANY of these suggestions lol. More and more I just want to stay Hornets.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Frickin' Brass guys. I love it.

What about the New Orleans Funk? Its another genre of music that was pretty much born here, has a huge influence on the city, and its fun. Its seems like a good alternative to Jazz, maybe even better IMO. Sorry if I'm rambling, but the more I imagine it in my head, the more I like it.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

fyi krewereport.com is available on godaddy for $9.99. brassreport.com is already taken

Of the list we've been discussing ad nauseum, I still like "New Orleans Brass" or "Krewe of New Orleans" the best.

I had the idea though, based off of suggestions of Wild Tchoupitoulas and Big Chiefs I've seen on Twitter, for Crescent City Chiefs.

It has an old school feel to it, and embraces the culture without feeling hokey. The name choice also opens up the color palette so we aren't limited to any specific set right out of the gate and allows for interesting logo designs. The mascot could be a Mardi Gras Indian, adding to the new culturally aware game-day atmosphere in the arena.

The more I think about it, the more I get into it. The main drawback to it, of course, is the symmetry with Kansas City.
    Last edited by mdaniel; 04-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    New Orleans Big Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post

And every game we'd have to listen to bounce music.

My ears just did the same thing as that smiley.

Skeeters........lol

Thread Information