Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread

Bigdub, I'm certainly not criticizing as the uni looks great, but I was just thinking instead of the bird on the logo maybe you could incorporate the crescent city connection to make it more NOLA.

I will say however the way it stands now makes it very gulf coast which is cool and could potentially draw some fans from neighboring states

The Artist    Contributor   
    Bigdub, I'm certainly not criticizing as the uni looks great, but I was just thinking instead of the bird on the logo maybe you could incorporate the crescent city connection to make it more NOLA.

I will say however the way it stands now makes it very gulf coast which is cool and could potentially draw some fans from neighboring states
    I don’t mind a little criticism. I couldn’t be an artist if I couldn’t take it. Mentioning a re-brand alone on this board has hardened my soul to a point that would make even Kevlar, seem weak!

I take your point on nixing the bird/seagull? in favor of the CCC. I did think about it but I didn't want it to seem too much like what the Warriors had just done with the GGB in their uniforms. Another point would be that with this design, I could at least place the bird off to the side, kind of coming off of the edge like it is, simply because I had to place the name across the front. Had I have done it the way it originally is within a circle, the name would have to have encircled it outside the main border and that definetly would have been to close to the Warriors.

I think that NBA uniforms have gotten too generic these past few years. There's way's to push boundaries without being over-all tacky with it. Like our current uniforms, the stripes bother me because they are reminescent of Charlotte, and because of that weird diamond/argyle pattern that they threw down the sides! Why? Aside from a few tweaks, I really connected with the team when we had our original uniforms. This current set IMO was Shinn's last grasp at his glory from the Carolina day's!

All in all, I just have fun desiging and then creating what I have put to paper. I take all of yall's suggestions and just try to make them work as I have done with the ArcAngels and Corsairs. For me it's all for fun even though I would love for the team to eventually evolve into their own proper identity. OKC might have a decent name with an extremely horrible logo and uniforms, it doesn't matter because from the moment they arrived, they were the OKC Thunder and however horrendous their brand is, it's there's! We can say we have a team yeah, but can we really say that it's all ours?

All valid points and thanks for your design and creativity. I also thought about golden state and the GGB but wasn't sure how much the CCC would resemble it

those breaker jerseys are amazing bro. Keep up the good work.

I troll this thread just to see BigDubs art. That Breaker jersey is sooo awesome!!! I can't wait for the corsairs!!

The Breakers jerseys are fantastic. Amazing. Plus, it has a basketball theme to it as well. Nice!

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Fastbreakers.

I'm liking that name more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    They why sir should you be any different?! Here ya' go....

How, exactly do you make these? Is there a special program you use? They look really professional. This is probably my favorite uni/color combo of them all.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

I really like the New Orleans Breakers idea. Especially the design. Its simple, sleek.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    fwiw (and admittedly, not very much), I think there is truth to the Benson ownership rumblings....with that said, do you feel that he will support/pursue rebranding?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Sounds like y'all might have some good news coming down the pike in the next little bit...congrats! Just thought I'd share this link with you:

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/...ring-back-buzz

ESPN.com interviewed me and some of my compatriots last week and the article just went live. As you'll see, Hornet's Report is featured prominently; thought y'all would get a kick out of it!
    We Beelieve: Charlotte...Take Back Your Hornets! links:

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bee...2320741?ref=ts

Petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/we-b...se-the-hornets

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    If it ended up being Brass, this would be perfect

Wherehappens.

Well it's officially Benson now.

Thoughts in the big thread that he'll buy back the Voodoo name. Any thoughts on what a good color combo would be for the Voodoo? Bigdub have you put anything together for that before?

I love the Breakers' name and the design, but the colors say "Mavericks" to me; I think if you combined the color combination (in some respect) of the Archangels with the Breakers design, you would have a perfect (in my opinion) concept.

The Corsairs concept and color is beautiful, stunning really. I do like the name "Breakers" more than "Corsairs", but I still like the nautical aspect of the latter, and if the team adopted that name with that color combination, I would be thrilled.

You do wonderful work.
    Last edited by Coughka; 04-13-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    BIGDUB, have you done anything with the Saints black and gold colors? Is there any chance we could see a nice markup of that?

And I too will say no big deal if not. I know you're getting bombarded, but you are obviously VERY good.

I mentioned this in the other thread, I don't like Breakers, but Dub does awesome work.

Corsairs - like to see what the uniforms look like. Logo is pretty cool, but Corsairs is a bit hard for my eyes to read. For some reason, I expect to see a sash across the front of the shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    BIGDUB, have you done anything with the Saints black and gold colors? Is there any chance we could see a nice markup of that?

And I too will say no big deal if not. I know you're getting bombarded, but you are obviously VERY good.
    The Krewe stuff he made up was B&G but he took them down for some reason. Anyone save them?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    The Krewe stuff he made up was B&G but he took them down for some reason. Anyone save them?
    Maybe because he's working with Benson and that's the leader.

Something about the Breaker's mock up screams Dallas Mavericks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Maybe because he's working with Benson and that's the leader.

You know dude, I was thinking just that a few minutes ago. Wouldn't that be cool?

Now we're going to start a conspiracy theory. But hey, you never know. The Hornets and Benson would be stupid not to follow this forum to get the fans opinions. The local media has obviously been keeping tabs on us. And if I saw Dub's work, I would call him for his input. Would feel good to know a NOH fan from HR had a strong input on the rebranding.

He has been noticeably absent since the news broke... and those designs were there last week.

I hope Benson has hired Dub.

He deserves to get paid for his awesome talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic Hoops View Post
    I hope Benson has hired Dub.

He deserves to get paid for his awesome talent.
    Cosign

If you google "bigdub krewe design" you can see small versions of it, but he was smart with the linking and you can't get the big version up.

Thread Information